Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deli Counter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's ok folks, it's 1/1000 the OP did just say 'No thanks' but he's going for the ould 'Internet Tough Guy' look here......nice to see it backfiring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Anyone with an ounce of cop on knows that rental prices for properties vary throughout the country. High traffic areas command the greatest rents, which in turn means stores have to charge more for their goods. You can be damn sure that there isn't a hell of a lot of profit in a €3.50 roll.
    You approach the worker, you ask the price; if it's not agreeable, you say no thank you, and go elsewhere. No harm, no foul & you wouldn't have come off looking like a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Marcusm wrote: »
    Who on earth puts cheese with chicken in a sandwich.

Ehm, pretty much everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lome

greenman09 wrote: »
    Centra rathfarnham charge around 4.10 for chicken fillets and cheese roll. Usually priced vary everyday as well

Yea but its in Rathfarnham.... they are probably free range chicken fillets.. roight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I would be questioning what's in a chicken fillet roll that's only 1.99 tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What type of cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Was the roll nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Follows thread, grabs popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

If you want to pay through the roof prices for a roll go with my "Chicken Fillet Breakfast Roll"

Mayo, Plain Chicken Fillet, Rashers, Eggs, Hash Browns and Stuffing

Prices in the same shop have ranged from €4.99 to €7.00 depending on who is working.

Also OP, if you were abusive to the deli worker I hope the next one you get spits in your roll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

I was asked for €3.49 for a cooked chicken breast in a Eurospar. The same shop was selling cooked chickens for €4.99 and 6 fillets for €5. I politely said no thank you I won't pay that and left the shop.

No drama, no need, but how can the pricing be justified? I was going to ask the manager but couldn't be bothered.

I think this thread needs the OP to tell us what exactly he/she said to the girl at the deli counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

mtjm wrote: »
    ...I told her no thanks (won't say what I actually said to her on here lol)...

Good maun yersel', hi. You probably made a great job of that poor child while she slogged her arse off for peanuts. We should send you over to Brussels to tell the Germans to shove bratwurst where the sun don't shine.

Nice hot chicken mini-baguette with cheese and mayo is €3.50 or so everywhere I've seen, from big-ish Centras to little corner mom-and-pop places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I think this thread needs the OP to tell us what exactly he/she said to the girl at the deli counter.

OP: "Giz a shot?"
    Deli Counter Woman: "No way"
    OP: "**** this. Don't want your bleedin' roll anyway. Feck yiz"

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

What I said was "feck off with your fecking price I'll get a fecking cheaper roll, we're in a fecking recession"

ya get the picture. Your right I should have said no thanks and walked away but I refuse to pay for over priced stuff and why should I

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

What I said was "feck off with your fecking price I'll get a fecking cheaper roll, we're in a fecking recession"

ya get the picture. Your right I should have said no thanks and walked away but I refuse to pay for over priced stuff and why should I

As compensation for the innocent girl who had to listen to you swearing at her?

The price isn't set by the girl that was serving you. It is your right to not pay for the roll if you didn't agree with the price. Did she have the roll made up for you before you decided you were being extorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Recession Warrior!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

mad turnip wrote: »
    Superquinn in heuston charges 5.60.... Yup try paying that a few times over 6 months when your a hungover student.

Should a student not be spending money on books, food or equipment for college instead of pissin it away on drink and a 5.60 roll?

Should a student not be spending money on books, food or equipment for college instead of pissin it away on drink and a 5.60 roll?

I am sure a drink and a roll is food.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Odds on 2 POTD threads in a row with the OP closing their account getting more and more likely...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Do you know what a student is??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

OP is tighter than a nun's ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Good work, while she's fixing the price of the rolls for you she can get off her arse and fix the economy too.

We've been waiting for a hero like you to finally sort this situation out op.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

jimgoose wrote: »
    Do you know what a student is??? :D

A sponge?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

€4 seems to be the standard price for a chicken fillet roll outside of Dublin. Well, that's what we charge in the deli I work in, and all the other delis in the locality. It does seem expensive, but we at least use proper chicken from the butcher counter. I was amazed to see €2 rolls for sale when I moved up to Dub for college...I can't imagine the quality of the "chicken" in those rolls to be particularly high :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ajjmk wrote: »
    I was amazed to see €2 rolls for sale when I moved up to Dub for college...I can't imagine the quality of the "chicken" in those rolls to be particularly high :/

¡Es carne de burro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Why has nobody asked the main question here....was she hot??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Odds on 2 POTD threads in a row with the OP closing their account getting more and more likely...

What was the last one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

Why has nobody asked the main question here....was she hot??

Im going to go with no on that one...if she was hot, he would have looked at the price and said "3.50, is that all? I hope I don't drop any on the seat of my Ferrari"

Advertisement