Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Western Force, Wed 5 June 11am; Sky Sports 1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

Murray AWFUL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Similar was posted during Saturdays game and I don't get it. The commentators and analysts are balanced in their view of all players, I don't think there's any pro-English stuff to the detriment of Irish players.

you can say the same for the Soccer Matches,, no pro-Man Utd..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Another hospital pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Well, in contrast to the BaaBaas the Force are actually tackling. Lions will have to earn their victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

trouttrout wrote: »
    Sad to say, but Best really hasn't a hope of a test start now

he only had about a few days to practice compare the rest who had 3 weeks before last Saturdays game

about time they went for 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cork24 wrote: »
    you can say the same for the Soccer Matches,, no pro-Man Utd..

:confused: What ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Bogota wrote: »
    Murray AWFUL

FFS what on earth are you talking about, if he hadn't scooped that up we would have lost possession there anyway. It's not his fault the ball went loose.

Your constant criticism of players would be more bearable if it wasn't so completely misdirected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

3-10 Lions 32 mins

Stop trolling, I'm not getting involved with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

think best and murray are in trouble...

best - darts.

murray trying to hard. probably knows he's only got 50/60 mins so trying to "be like mike"...

dont think murray can bench with mike either.

• Advertisement

FFS what on earth are you talking about, if he hadn't scooped that up we would have lost possession there anyway. It's not his fault the ball went loose.

Your constant criticism of players would be more bearable if it wasn't so completely misdirected.

I'm talking about the pass that a 6'3 player had to jump for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Could be 6-10 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

God this is an uninspiring performance

Heaslip the best player on the field by a margin. Lot of those Lions in the pack need a kick up the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bogota wrote: »
    Stop trolling, I'm not getting involved with you.

What is trolling about what he said bogota? You do know what trolling is?

When in doubt, there's always Brian! Nice work BOD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

The earlier pick and go was absolutely the right option. The force were fanning out and leaving a big gap in that B channel. Scrum halves should go for that every single time. Whether or not he lost ground is irrelevant, the Force have to be forced to build their line from inside out.

The dropped ball was poor though, he'll have to improve on that.

Disagree, he picked and go'd into 2 forwards when there was space elsewhere, I think hes been a bit predictable, he rarely picks up the ball and runs laterally before passing, he prefers to pass straight from the ruck, when he does pick up the ball he invariably tries to run it so sides can see his intentions in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Cork24 wrote: »
    he only had about a few days to practice compare the rest who had 3 weeks before last Saturdays game

about time they went for 3 points.

Tom Youngs arrived at the same time.

First one was the fault of the lifters. Throw was fine. Wasn't paying a lot of attention for the second.

+1

rockbeast wrote: »
    think best and murray are in trouble...

best - darts.

murray trying to hard. probably knows he's only got 50/60 mins so trying to "be like mike"...

dont think murray can bench with mike either.

Both have been bad but on flip side Bowe, Heaslip and Sexton have been very good.

Feel so bad for Best. I think Murray is just trying a little too hard but Best seems genuinely in trouble with his throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

BOD!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Bit of perspective needed here. Gatland and the coaches are not going to dismiss Best based on 2 overthrows with a wet ball in drizzling rain.

Ditto if/when Hibbard or Youngs do likewise.

However, that being said, he needs to start hitting his jumpers.

Rory did say he was very nervous about the game and perhaps that is showing so far, but let's give him a chance here before knee-jerk reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nice one SOB, North and BOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

shuffol wrote: »
    Disagree, he picked and go'd into 2 forwards when there was space elsewhere, I think hes been a bit predictable, he rarely picks up the ball and runs laterally before passing, he prefers to pass straight from the ruck, when he does pick up the ball he invariably tries to run it so sides can see his intentions in advance.

There was a massive gap in the B channel, the Force had to scramble those forwards across from behind the ruck. Completely worth it. In future the gaps will appear further out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Australia was only going to provide 6 non test games. Lions needed an extra game in order to make money so had to play Babas last weekend.

Traditionally, they play Australia A or Australian Barbarians on the tour. The Barbarians game was a sponsor thing, I'm sure. It would be much better to play a game in UK/Ireland in a packed stadium against Argentina or France.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Really don't think Murray has had his best game so far at all. Both he and Best need to be excellent as they won't have many opportunities

• Registered Users Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭JRant

SOB and Heaslip playing well.

Backline looks dangerous when they get the ball.

I'd like to see Murray quicken up a bit and stop passing to players at head height.

Fairly dull atmosphere at the game by the sounds of things on tv.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

HP coming his world class goalkicking. Dissects the uprights from the touchline.

The jitters mid way through the season seem to effected Best's throwing, which is a shame because he's far and away the best hooker in every other regard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

3-17 Lions 34 mins

Fantastic kick from 1/2p

• Advertisement

What is trolling about what he said bogota? You do know what trolling is?

That was to trouttrout who said I was "delighted" that Murray messed up. I couldn't give a rats, I'm calling all players mistakes and good plays. So far its been Best and Murray and I've called them both on it. Last week I called Sexton on his kicks.

Advertisement