Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭briany

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    If we look at his two WM matches so far though-last year vs Cena and this year vs Taker-he is in very high profile matches at the show that matter most. That gives me hope. After Cena last year he had nothing and his feud with Ambrose was good but I hated how weak they made Ambrose look during it.

That being said, a victory against Taker would be absolutely massive. I'm not sure who wins here. My heart is saying Wyatt but my head is saying Taker. I can easily see Wyatt being a title contender come the end of the year though, he has been pushed strongly since HIAC. And I like his talking when he is actually talking about someone rather than what has become his incessant rambling about nothing when he doesn't have a real feud.

Wyatt is definitely better when he has someone to bounce of off, no doubt about that, just to give what he's saying some frame of reference at least. I'm still waiting on the day when a feud of his starts for a reason outside of him 'selecting' someone though. You know, Cena's bad because of what he represents, Taker's bad 'cause he disappointed Wyatt, Wyatt sees Ambrose as a kindred spirit. Who will Wyatt randomly choose next? Who will he decide is a cancer of society type deal?

And still I'm waiting on his character to become a bit less 'pantomime'. To me the whole evil laugh, singing schtick comes off as a bit forced. Again, to draw parallels to Mankind, who was good from the get-go, but really hit his stride with the fans when he dropped the more theatrical aspects of his character, the hair pulling, the squealing, the crying out for mommy stuff. The darker characters tend to really connect with the fans when the find that bit of humanity to relate to. I think until Wyatt hits that point, he'll always be teetering between the sometimes main eventer/sometimes mid-carder, good promo guy. Still waiting on that crucial evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Booked my wrestling related tattoo the other day after finishing up my superhero half sleeve...getting Hogan, Piper, macho and warrior in colour on my leg. Told piper in twitter and he retweeted it :) have to wait til September though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Post pics when it's done bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yes, pics are now mandatory! :)

Most certainly will but alas it will be awhile for it to be finished! My tattoo guy is always booked out! Took him a year and a half to finish my half sleeve!

• Advertisement

Wyatt goes over 'taker this year to set up Wyatt v. Lesnar next year?

It could be billed as " One plus one make two. And two's a crowd. "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

briany wrote: »
    Wyatt goes over 'taker this year to set up Wyatt v. Lesnar next year?

It could be billed as " One plus one make two. And two's a crowd. "
    I would love that but instead of your catchphrase have it as "there can only be one". Would be so much better!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I would love that but instead of your catchphrase have it as "there can only be one". Would be so much better!

That is admittedly better, but mine was at least better than anything Scott Steiner could come out with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone here watch Fizzypops3434, the guy who did Stone Cold ET? He uploaded a Scott Steiner video and it was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

That is admittedly better, but mine was at least better than anything Scott Steiner could come out with.
    Knowing Scott Steiner, he would forget the saying "three's a crowd" and say "two's a crowd" because it is all about him :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

The WM travel thread on here seems very quiet this year, what's the story?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

No sure but it must be difficult for people who booked ages ago only now to the see the euro fall 30% against the dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

veganrun wrote: »
    The WM travel thread on here seems very quiet this year, what's the story?

East Coast Wrestle mania is cheaper than West Coast WM! That was my thinking anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was watching smackdown to see how they edited that promo between aj, paige, and the bellas and maybe it's me but Aj looks thinner than before she was off. I mean she's a petite girl anyway but she looks thinner. Anyone else think that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I was watching smackdown to see how they edited that promo between aj, paige, and the bellas and maybe it's me but Aj looks thinner than before she was off. I mean she's a petite girl anyway but she looks thinner. Anyone else think that ?

Yeah. Unhealthily so imo.

Nikki has thickened out a ton in recent months which I have no issue with however :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yeah. Unhealthily so imo.

Nikki has thickened out a ton in recent months which I have no issue with however :pac:

That's good it wasn't me imagining it. Her face is very thin and actually makes her look slightly different. Not a good look.

I feel like The Rock unfairly buried some wrestlers, or aspects of their gimmick at his peak. He'd basically take the p*ss and make them a figure of fun. A good example of what I mean is giving Jericho the works upon his debut, mocking the Big Show's signature chokeslam taunt, doing a little impersonation of the Undertaker's eye-rolling, saying 'Who are you?' to Booker T, poking fun at the Boss Man's weight etc. I enjoyed The Rock's antics because the man was just so entertaining, but it seems almost like he got special license to do this, that it was an aspect of his character and I wonder if any of the other wrestlers ever expressed concern that the Rock was getting over more at their expense? Or did the Rock make up for that by selling in the ring?

I feel like The Rock unfairly buried some wrestlers, or aspects of their gimmick at his peak. He'd basically take the p*ss and make them a figure of fun.

Don't forget Bad Ass Billy Gunn!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Will spoiler this one just n case. It's a Mania spoiler.
    the UFC's women's champion entered a WWE ring at the biggest event of the year, and got chants of This Is Awesome.

I wonder what would happen if the WWE Diva's champion entered the Octagon, and got in Dana White's face? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I feel like The Rock unfairly buried some wrestlers, or aspects of their gimmick at his peak. He'd basically take the p*ss and make them a figure of fun. A good example of what I mean is giving Jericho the works upon his debut, mocking the Big Show's signature chokeslam taunt, doing a little impersonation of the Undertaker's eye-rolling, saying 'Who are you?' to Booker T, poking fun at the Boss Man's weight etc. I enjoyed The Rock's antics because the man was just so entertaining, but it seems almost like he got special license to do this, that it was an aspect of his character and I wonder if any of the other wrestlers ever expressed concern that the Rock was getting over more at their expense? Or did the Rock make up for that by selling in the ring?

I always just saw it as the way things were in wrestling at that time. Trash talking and all. Sure, the Undertaker, Stone Cold and Triple H would also do the same. Jericho was the same too. In recent times CM Punk would bury wrestlers on the mic, and John Cena did the same when he was doing his rapper gimmick. It's just a product of wrestling I think, and the fans always loved it as well, hence why they got popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Will spoiler this one just n case. It's a Mania spoiler.
    the UFC's women's champion entered a WWE ring at the biggest event of the year, and got chants of This Is Awesome.

I wonder what would happen if the WWE Diva's champion entered the Octagon, and got in Dana White's face? :pac:

Somehow,
    I can't see Nikki Bella as a believable threat that would probably be able to take down everyone in the ring like Ronda could've.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With Curtis Axel the latest in a long line of midcard wrestlers to get himself over without the help of WWE creative only then to get turned into a joke because it does anyone believe the WWE/Vince will ever run with a guy who gets himself over.

With Curtis Axel the latest in a long line of midcard wrestlers to get himself over without the help of WWE creative only then to get turned into a joke because it does anyone believe the WWE/Vince will ever run with a guy who gets himself over.

Wait are you saying that he was over before the Axelmania thing or over now because of Axelmania? 2nd and 3rd generation wrestlers won't get over if they keep trying to be what their fathers and grandfathers were, Examples: Cody Hall, Curtis Axel, Ted Dibiase Jr with the million dollar championship, to name a few.

Wait are you saying that he was over before the Axelmania thing or over now because of Axelmania? 2nd and 3rd generation wrestlers won't get over if they keep trying to be what their fathers and grandfathers were, Examples: Cody Hall, Curtis Axel, Ted Dibiase Jr with the million dollar championship, to name a few.

They make a huge deal out of him being 3rd gen etc put him with Heyman and no one cared an ounce about him he was discarded back down to the midcard.

He then went around building himself on social media getting fans behind him enough that he has a couple of catchphrases fans cheering him his own t-shirts that sell.

I'm not saying he could/would be a world champ or huge name but he is drawing fans into his story and instead of getting behind him and pushing the sh1t out of him in the hopes he could turn into a star the make a joke of him.

Give these guys a chance, run with them it won't cost the WWE anything and will help everyone make money.

They make a huge deal out of him being 3rd gen etc put him with Heyman and no one cared an ounce about him he was discarded back down to the midcard.

He then went around building himself on social media getting fans behind him enough that he has a couple of catchphrases fans cheering him his own t-shirts that sell.

I'm not saying he could/would be a world champ or huge name but he is drawing fans into his story and instead of getting behind him and drawing the sh1t out of him in the hopes he could turn into a star the make a joke of him.

Give these guys a chance, run with them it won't cost the WWE anything and will help everyone make money.

I think he's behind a few people in the line for a push. He doesn't really possess anything likeable other than his heritage. I don't love or hate him, I just find him irrelevant and now that he's got this Axelmania thing he's become relevant.

I think he's behind a few people in the line for a push. He doesn't really possess anything likeable other than his heritage. I don't love or hate him, I just find him irrelevant and now that he's got this Axelmania thing he's become relevant.

I could have picked a dozen wrestlers of any level that are over by themselves Bryan & Ziggler being the main two that the WWE just won't get behind. But everyone talks about them.

The likes of Ryder & Axel have done it from a lower base in fact if it wasn't for Ryder the WWE would be light years behind where they are now in regards to social media.

Since they became the only game in town I'm struggling to think of the last guy to get over without the backing if the WWE or that they jumped on board with when he was over and then pushed.

They have semi pushed and then pulled the rug out from under plenty so many in the last 12/15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Fair enough, it's their company.

In regards to not pushing talent I thought that it was pretty awesome that Mania had a previous NXT performer in all matches bar the Sting v HHH

Opener had Ambrose/Harper
    Second was Rollins
    Paige from Divas match
    Wyatt in a high profile fued
    Rusev
    Reigns

Some pushed more strongly then others but that's a fairly solid statement of a working developmental system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I can't be the only one that finds the AxelMania stuff a bit cringey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Yeah, it's all about Axetreme Rules now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement