Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

GTR63 wrote: »
    tumblr_m8jy767CId1qdwli2.gif

8ROEu.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Just watched Wrestle Talk TV on Challenge tonight and they'd an interview with Davey Boy Smith's son Harry. He was talking about all the rules WWE have about matches and the banned moves. Stuff like, in tag matches yr only allowed a certain number of false finishes and the tag partner on the apron can only make the save once or the ref will get orders over his (why are there no women referees?) earpiece to finish the match with a DQ. It's stuff like where WWE overproduce wrestler's matches that makes it hard for me to enjoy WWE. WWF always had a particular style with lots of things worked out beforehand but the ref getting instructions mid-match especially ruins things I think as the wrestlers aren't allowed to work.

Tim White talks about the ref's getting instructions from the back through the earpiece in Steve Austin's latest Podcast.

I often wonder what American wrestling and I guess wrestling in general will look like in 20 years time with the way they're going with it being so over produced. Dave Meltzer often talks about how there are so many similarities between WWE and the UFC (promoting a show featuring fights), key difference being one is a legit sport and the other a work but it's this comparisson that Vince has long sought to distance WWE - and since he thinks he owns wrestling, also wrestling in general.

Although I couldn't help but think that Smith was the mark since he was so excited to be doing dangerous moves that are banned in WWE because he's surely getting less money .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

DM-ICE wrote: »
    8ROEu.gif

aj you little fox you can kick me in the face anytime:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

8ROEu.gif

COUNTER!!!

ay7yZyq_460s_v2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eass82

Ok, maybe I'm loosing it in my old age, but when I saw this pic in a rugby article earlier

bod-header-634x474.jpg

All I could think of was this:

John-Cena-Showing-WWE-Belt.jpg

Anyone else see the likeness between BOD and Cena or am I just mad? I think its in the jawline

Maybe if his wife still wants to act in America, WWE could find a space for BoD on the roster. JBL would love it anyway, he loves the rugby, and imagine the potential for a northsider/southsider feud with Sheamus? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

eass82 wrote: »
    Maybe if his wife still wants to act in America, WWE could find a space for BoD on the roster. JBL would love it anyway, he loves the rugby, and imagine the potential for a northsider/southsider feud with Sheamus? :D

I was thinking something like this. BOD shows up at a RAW event, Zeb Colter and Cesaro come out and Zeb starts slatting the large Irish contingent on their J1s in the arena, takes a swipe at BOD and invites him to the ring, BOD obliges, the two exchange words, Zeb and Cesaro pretend to leave the ring before Cesaro turns and runs into a BOD dump-tackle.

That would be so awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

eass82 wrote: »

They're both northsiders though?

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Even Heyman can't save Curtis Axel.. He's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I think AJ is good with her character but her wrestling has seriously gone downhill since she was first signed. Last year it was cringeworthy to see her attempting to do the 'crazy brawl' thing in all her matches. If you watch her stuff from FCW when she was first signed, her matches are a whole lot better than her lacklustre performances over the past year. I'll admit she's stepped up her game somewhat since she won the title but the likes of Layla, Natalya, Naomi, Kaitlyn and Aksana have all been outperforming her over the past few months

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The cheif stands alone

Taryn Terrell in TNA needs to re-sign to WWE, Her matches with Gail Kim have been excellent, A lot of credit is due to Gail, But she checks all the boxes and I think her mic skills are strong, Obviously she's a complete stunner but I think she's the whole package. Fits the profile for the diva's talent pool anyways.

• Advertisement

WWE is PG now, she has a less than PG photo and video history. I don't think any of the current divas have that sort of history and any that did all seem to have moved on in recent times. Maryse, Mickie James etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

WWE is PG now, she has a less than PG photo and video history. I don't think any of the current divas have that sort of history and any that did all seem to have moved on in recent times. Maryse, Mickie James etc.

They moved on cause they realised the Diva division was a waste of time to WWE. Same reason Phoenix left.
    Tarrell kinda burned her bridges when she left iirc and was a very odd Tna signing at the time.

I knew they left for other reasons. I figured the fact they are not signing ex playboy models these says was something to do with pg. I am probably wrong about that though.

Taryn/Tiffany had issues with the marriage to Drew as well, fighting in hotels and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The cheif stands alone

It's mad, I never realized the bad blood there. I know Gail Kim had war with WWE to get out of contract, The divas division had its moments, I don't usually watch many of the diva's segments/matches except AJ but the divas division could be worse, I mean they where very lucky not to get done for sexism in the thong stink-face days of the 90's. But they have produced & had some great performers, Victoria, Gail, Lita,Trish. I dunno if the Bella's, Eve, Kaitlyn, really are on par.. Natalya is one of the only ones I feel is up there performance wise, but I could be getting awfully nostalgic about the early 00's divas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Terrell has less of a chance to be hired than Melina does.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I don't think Layla gets enough credit for how much she has improved in the ring. I thought she was doing ok when she was in LayCool but when she returned last year it was like a different person out there. Her bumps, her selling, her execution of moves...she's a Diva that gets it. I wasn't even a fan before she got injured and her return match wowed me. I'd honestly rank her second behind Natalya in terms of reliability. She's gotten three decent matches out of Tamina, really brings out the best in Aksana and also worked very well with Audrey Marie when she went to NXT. Plus she's one of the few Divas that actually bothers to work the crowd. Plus she looks damn fine for 36

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Watching backlash 2000. Apa vs bossman and buchannon...the ref is teddy long. He ****ing loves him some tag team action

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It's a shame Sean Waltman's 2005 TNA run ended the way it did because he was doing some really good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Random thought... After winning the titles on Monday night, Cody Rhodes has held the tag team championships with;

Goldust
    Drew McIntyre
    Ted DiBiase
    Hardcore Holly
    (and almost Damien Sandow)

He's kinda prolific but you might not have thought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Breaking Blog

Omackeral wrote: »
    Random thought... After winning the titles on Monday night, Cody Rhodes has held the tag team championships with;

Goldust
    Drew McIntyre
    Ted DiBiase
    Hardcore Holly

Such a rag-tag bunch! I wonder which superstar has held the titles the most times with different partners? Show maybe? Or Jericho? Total guesswork ha.

• Advertisement

Kane must be a contender.

Mankind
    Daniel Bryan
    Undertaker
    RVD
    X-Pac
    Big Show
    The Hurricane

Kane must be a contender.

Mankind
    Daniel Bryan
    Undertaker
    RVD
    X-Pac
    Big Show
    The Hurricane

How could I forget Kane, I would say that you are probably correct! Speaking of Kane, was expecting such a better follow up to the Wyatt abduction angle!

It hasn't happened yet though has it? (He is away filming See No Evil 2 i think) He'll be back... But will it be under their influence or against them?

It hasn't happened yet though has it? (He is away filming See No Evil 2 i think) He'll be back... But will it be under their influence or against them?

Ah cool, that explains his absence I guess. They really haven't mentioned him much at all from what I recall, thought they might have played it up a bit more. Hopefully it will be good, would like to see him brought back as a brainwashed member of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

If I was in control... I'd have Kane return as Glenn jacobs in casual clothing with a real disturbed persona, he never talks, we can have it seem like the wyatts brainwashed him to be back like original Kane but without the spandex, what u think?

sockmo wrote: »
    If I was in control... I'd have Kane return as Glenn jacobs in casual clothing with a real disturbed persona, he never talks, we can have it seem like the wyatts brainwashed him to be back like original Kane but without the spandex, what u think?

Sounds good but it's reminding me of Festus, albeit in a reversed role. (Maybe it's something to do with the fact Gallows played the Fake Kane too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've a feeling he'll be back as a destroyer for the Wyatts, with a sheep mask on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Goldust
    Drew McIntyre
    Ted DiBiase
    Hardcore Holly

Doesnt bode well for Goldy. diBiase and Holly are no longer employed and McIntyre probably wishes he wasnt either.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm sick of authority figures in wrestling. Is there really a need to put over/focus every week on people who aren't going to wrestle, who don't add to the buyrate, who aren't going to appear on house shows? "Oh I can't wait for that Triple H promo at the PPV!" :p WWF got on just fine for ~14 years without a weekly figure keeping everyone in line. It meant that whenever Jack Tunney came out, it was so important that he had to show his face, and only if absolutely necessary, step out from behind the curtain. No let's just fail at trying to recreate Austin/McMahon for the rest of time :( It's not like Triple H's heat is rubbing off on his cronies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I wonder what Jack Tunney's entrance music would have been.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement