Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just watching legends with JBL with the living legend(no not Larry Zbyszko) but the one and only and statistically the greatest WWE world champion ever. Good interview and Bruno is a guy who cares about the business and he's not a fan of hogan. Haha atta boy Bruno.

He doesn't have much love for Fir Flair either from what I understand. I remember Flair taking a couple of shots at Bruno in his book.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    He doesn't have much love for Fir Flair either from what I understand. I remember Flair taking a couple of shots at Bruno in his book.

Yeah they were the two jbl mentioned and Bruno said that flair wasn't in the WWE(WWF in old money) and kind of moved past it which to me as a big fan of both men was a bit unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I wonder will Gallows & Anderson will head back to Japan again at some point. They have not lived up to the hype for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I wonder will Gallows & Anderson will head back to Japan again at some point. They have not lived up to the hype for me.

Hard to live up to the hype when they've been fed to most of their opponents and very inconsistent storylines, badass one week, comedy the next, badass again, then the next lose in under 2 minutes. There's not much they can do with what they've been given. Splitting them from AJ along with the timing of Finn's injury could not have been worse for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thats because they've been booked horribly to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And because they insist on keeping the belts on New Day

• Registered Users Posts: 38,059 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That would have been the age I would have started too! once I discovered the wrestling teletext page on channel 4 it blew my mind! Always remember the rumours of Raven joining wwe seemed to last forever until he actually joined

Remember checking the wrestling teletext everyday back years ago. It was awesome lol

Channel 4 doing the WWE was a disaster thinking back now.

Was wcw and ecw on TV over here/UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Remember checking the wrestling teletext everyday back years ago. It was awesome lol

Channel 4 doing the WWE was a disaster thinking back now.

Was wcw and ecw on TV over here/UK ?
    I remember seeing WCW broadcasted here before. ECW...couldn't bloody well tell ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wcw was on utv on a Saturday afternoon I think. Vaguely remember it around 93

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Wcw was on utv on a Saturday afternoon I think. Vaguely remember it around 93

I have the same vague memory, next time I recall seeing it was when we got sky/ntl around 96/97 and seeing it come on at 9 on a Friday on TNT (the cartoon network)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ECW was on Bravo but we were too poor to have that.

Was thinking that if Kurt Angle returns to WWE it'll be the strangest reaction. He'll get a massive pop followed by everyone singing "You suck!". Would be really confusing to anyone who's not familiar with him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was thinking that if Kurt Angle returns to WWE it'll be the strangest reaction. He'll get a massive pop followed by everyone singing "You suck!". Would be really confusing to anyone who's not familiar with him.

It still feels really weird to think that he was in TNA longer than WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Angron wrote: »
    It still feels really weird to think that he was in TNA longer than WWE.

i never even realised that but i guess it shows you how good he was that you think he was there longer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, WWE from 98-06, TNA 06-16.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With The WWE letting Alexa Bliss and commentating on her using film Icons as her costumes ( Harley & Freddy) what's the chances they will let Finn use them like he did on the indys or is he stuck with the Demon now?

Well they look better on Alexa.:)
    Though if she wants to come to the ring in just trunks and body paint, I'm all for it.

Seriously though, I think finn's stuck with the demon for now. He'll modify it on occasion as he already does, but since they can sell merchandise based on it, they'll stick with it.

Starcade 1998 main event. I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,052 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Channel 4 ruining WWE was bad but Channel 5 having WCW was even worse with its 60's batman style censorship

Channel 4 ruining WWE was bad but Channel 5 having WCW was even worse with its 60's batman style censorship
    Well channel 4 I don't think knew what they were getting and didn't like what they got. I mean going to ad breaks at stupid times was a disaster.

Wcw was on TNT or tcm over here on Friday evening/night. When was it on channel 5 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,052 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well channel 4 I don't think knew what they were getting and didn't like what they got. I mean going to ad breaks at stupid times was a disaster.

Wcw was on TNT or tcm over here on Friday evening/night. When was it on channel 5 ?

WCW World Wide was on Channel 5 when it was on its last legs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Even if they were pushed heavily, I still think there are pretty mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Don't rate Gallows at all but they should have stayed with AJ on Smackdown Live with Mauro. I don't think they were in a rush to put them with Balor who debuted as a face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Don't rate Gallows at all but they should have stayed with AJ on Smackdown Live with Mauro. I don't think they were in a rush to put them with Balor who debuted as a face

Going to assume the plan was to rerun the Bulletclub help their former leader storyline only this time the leader doesn't join them. Balor's injury pretty much left them with nothing to do since New Day weren't dropping the titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,059 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are the WWE commentators such as Michael Cole and Mario Writers and journalists as well ??? as it seems like a good gig to work 1 or 2 days a week and have the rest of the week to yourself but i imagine its a horrible job with Vince screaming down your ears

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are the WWE commentators such as Michael Cole and Mario Writers and journalists as well ??? as it seems like a good gig to work 1 or 2 days a week and have the rest of the week to yourself but i imagine its a horrible job with Vince screaming down your ears

Michael Cole was a journalist before joining WWF and Cole is now high up the food chain in WWE so I doubt he works just two days a week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Guys, can someone explain what WCW could you watch in Ireland if you have the right TV package? We only got Nitros or PPVs too, maybe 96 onwards? I could swear we used to get WCW in the mid/late-80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Guys, can someone explain what WCW could you watch in Ireland if you have the right TV package? We only got Nitros or PPVs too, maybe 96 onwards? I could swear we used to get WCW in the mid/late-80s.

I remember seeing WCW on ITV (UTV) on Saturday afternoons in the 80s/90s

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm off an age where I grew up watching the WWF and still call it the WWF but say on here I do type WWE.

I never really got the "F" out when it comes to calling it the WWF.

Anybody else still call it the WWF ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Anybody else still call it the WWF?

Ha ha ha! Man it took me over a decade but I've started calling WWE "WWE". Although it's still "The Fed" and sometimes mess up. I call everything pre-May 2002 WWF though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement