Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I really hope not. It would ruin the show for me.

helen-flanagan-tipped-to-be-next-strictly-judge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I really hope not. It would ruin the show for me.

helen-flanagan-tipped-to-be-next-strictly-judge

Well, the tabloids - and especially the Indo - are usually wrong... :);)

Well, the tabloids - and especially the Indo - are usually wrong... :);)

Here's hoping. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It would be a MASSIVE mistake if she became a judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

It would sort of make sense if they want her to appear as a contestant.
    However, Strictly has been thrashing X Factor in the ratings so something like this seems a strange move.
    I doubt there's much substance to the rumour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Oh god I really hope not. I can't stand her and she has no talent.
    I would actually not watch it if she was judge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I hope this is an early April fool's. What an appalling idea. What on earth would she even know about dancing. I like Darcy and at least she knows what she is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hopefully this is so not true , love Strictly but this just seems such a bad idea. Is Darcy going? Or who do they need to replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Who she :confused:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who she :confused:

Some wannabe Wag who was/is on Corrie ( I'm not 100% if she's still in it as I don't watch it). She was in I'm a Celeb, Get Me Outta Here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Pang wrote: »
    Some wannabe Wag who was/is on Corrie ( I'm not 100% if she's still in it as I don't watch it). She was I'm a Celeb, Get Me Outta Here.

Jaysus :eek:

Even I might have to give up SCD if they start plumbing those depths.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jaysus :eek:

Even I might have to give up SCD if they start plumbing those depths.

Same here. Talk about lowering the tone of the show. They don't need her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Ha ha! People actually believe this!?

Strictly are known to be extremely snobbish when it comes to the celebs they book. Jordan and Kerry Katona have been trying to get on for years and keep being refused. For them to book Helen Flanagan as a contestant wouldn't make sense, let alone as a judge!

On top of that, why would she even be considered in the first place? She has zero experience that would qualify her as a judge. At least Alesha Dixon won the show giving her SOME merit to be a judge. Has Helen Flanagan ever done anything in her career even mildly related to dance?

What really exposes this article as a p*ss take though is the line "she was a huge success on I'm a Celeb"......what!? She finished 7th!! She's gone on to do feck all since, bar pose for page 3 and appear on Channel 5's flop reality series "Celebrity Super Spa".

Someone is yanking the independent's chain and I'm amazed they actually ran with this story!

Brucie is stepping down as host of SCD. I know a lot of people don't like him on the show but I kinda liked him. He's part of the furniture.

Wonder who will replace him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Brucie is stepping down as host of SCD. I know a lot of people don't like him on the show but I kinda liked him. He's part of the furniture.

Wonder who will replace him??

Just read that! I guess, that's him essentially retired from everything, so.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Claudia to stay as presenter.

vitani wrote: »

Hoping its not vernon kay
    Didnt like bruce but he did know his stuff about dancing

I like Claudia but I don't think she'll get it. I know there has been rumours over the years that Anton de Beke could take over but I can't stand him so hope he doesn't get it.

I'm sure I heard and interview with Vernon where he said that he loves the show but it is Tess's baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Me too, I think last year was Claudia's audition for taking over with Tess.
    vitani wrote: »

Aw I'll miss Bruce, he was so mad. I would say Claudia has it in the bag. Once the BBC don't go all silly and get that awful Jack Whitehall or some terrible comedian. I watched him and Claudia on Sport Relief and he was awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Only women hosting a prime time light entertainment show? I doubt it.

• Advertisement

Addle wrote: »
    Only women hosting a prime time light entertainment show? I doubt it.

Great British Bake Off?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm very sad to see Bruce step down, but it probably was the right time to do it. I hope it's Tess and Claudia presenting it next year. I know they lack the dance knowledge that Bruce had, but I think they make a great team together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm very sad to see Bruce step down, but it probably was the right time to do it. I hope it's Tess and Claudia presenting it next year. I know they lack the dance knowledge that Bruce had, but I think they make a great team together.

Dance knowledge? Bruce?
    Well he managed to hide it very well among the crap jokes, the patronising comments and the constant interrupting of the judges.
    Hope Claudia gets it.
    It would certainly be one of the books if a prime time BBC 1 show was presented by women only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Line stolen from a friend who posted it in a different forum:
    Oh no! Strictly won't be the same without wondering if Brucie will survive each show!

Surprised and delighted that Claudia has officially got the job.

She is in talks for the job.
    Id be suprised if she got the job, i wouldnt expect the BBC to go against tradition and have 2 female presenters.

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    She is in talks for the job.
    Id be suprised if she got the job, i wouldnt expect the BBC to go against tradition and have 2 female presenters.

Sorry-I thought it was official.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

It is official

Where has it actually been confirmed that Claudia is replacing him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

bopper wrote: »
    Where has it actually been confirmed that Claudia is replacing him?

all over the entertainment news yesterday, Brucie said he rang Tess to tell her before announcing it and she was crying down the phone bless her(his words not mine:D)

Advertisement