Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

This is the show's tenth year - the tenth anniversary isn't until next May. :o:o;)

It's an easy mistake to make, given that this year's series will be the eleventh (the first two both took place in 2004). ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That story is a bit inaccurate. Three left of their own volition and the fourth - Aliona was dumped from the show.
    I see the producers are also trawling Burn the Floor for replacement dancers - sums up the direction the show has gradually been taking for the last few years, all flashy stuff and less style and proper technical dancing. It's becoming more and more like the American version, Dancing with the Stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heroditas wrote: »
    That story is a bit inaccurate. Three left of their own volition and the fourth - Aliona was dumped from the show.
    I see the producers are also trawling Burn the Floor for replacement dancers - sums up the direction the show has gradually been taking for the last few years, all flashy stuff and less style and proper technical dancing. It's becoming more and more like the American version, Dancing with the Stars.

Would love to see some of the dancers from DWTS on the show especially the Chmerkovskiy brothers Maks and Val :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would love to see some of the dancers from DWTS on the show especially the Chmerkovskiy brothers Maks and Val :)

That's actually the most annoying thing about DWTS - there's some excellent pros on it but it's completely dumbed down and you rarely get to see them in full flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I for one will really miss Vincent. I have such a crush on him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm sorry Aliona is gone, I didn't like her at the start but I really warmed to her over the past few years. Len always made no secret of the fact he didn't like her though.

Sophie Ellis Bextor and Abbey Clancy are to have signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

I liked Aliona and honestly this show has gone so downhill with the route its taken. I guess its had ratings increases but the pros are now purely cast on the basis of looks and paired with attractive celebs in hope some sexual relations will develop :rolleyes: Like how much did we have to watch Kara and Artem back in the day, it was vomit worthy, this isn't the Bachelor.

Also did Paul Hollywood actually get axed due to his private life when this show has featured various adulterers in the past? Not to mention has destroyed relationships too and now the BBC are on their moral high horse over his personal life. They let Zoe Ball host a spin off show FFS but Hollywood's affair is too much for them?

Coronation Street actress Natalie Gumede (Kirsty) latest name linked to this series

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Starts 7th September.
    I cant wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I wouldnt really classify it as a Spoiler because Strictly have already officially announced 3 of them on the FB and Twitter accounts But if you do want to know, look away now :D

Confirmed so far are:
    Vanessa Feltz
    Rachel Riley
    Tony Jacklin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Couldn't believe it when I saw the promo for the new series last night. A real sign that winter is on the way :eek:

Hopefully it will be a good series.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Wrong forum....reality tv that away -->

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll move it there now.

Also confirmed are one of the hairy bikers Dave and the woman off bbc breakfast
    Abby Clancy is also rumoured to be taking part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Snoopy1 wrote: »

The first two haven't been officially confirmed by the BBC, Abby Clancy has. I like the way they're doing it this year, confirming them gradually, one by one, instead of one big announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

bopper wrote: »
    The first two haven't been officially confirmed by the BBC, Abby Clancy has. I like the way they're doing it this year, confirming them gradually, one by one, instead of one big announcement.

I like Abbey Clancy, remember her from Britains next top model. She was very down to earth. That was a few years ago so she probably changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,975 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Snoopy1 wrote: »

Sussana Reid, I will be watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Rachel Reilly from Countdown (Carol Vorderman's successor) has been confirmed as well I think.

I'm surprised they turned down Becky Adlington (according to her), she's a relatively big name and no doubt they'll have at least one z-list female that she'd be bigger than.

• Advertisement

Mister R wrote: »
    I'm surprised they turned down Becky Adlington (according to her), she's a relatively big name and no doubt they'll have at least one z-list female that she'd be bigger than.

Strictly usually has a good balance of celebs though in terms of their professions and maybe they had already filled their "sports star" quota. Series 7 was the only one to feature more than 2-3 and that was the poorest line up they've had by a country mile so they were probably just desperate that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Deborah Meaden, from Dragon's Den, also apparently in the line up. Also rumoured are Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Natalie Gumede (crazy Kirsty from Corrie).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Deleted

Cant believe Deborah Meaden has signed up, now thats going to be entertaining. She wont take any nonsense!!!

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/lingerie-model-abbey-clancy-leads-this-years-starstudded-strictly-come-dancing-lineup-29544603.html

The 15 celebrities set to take the dance-floor by storm have been revealed for this year’s Strictly Come Dancing showcase.

The line-up for the 11th series of the hit BBC show Strictly includes lingerie and catwalk model Abbey Clancy, Coronation Street’s Natalie Gumede (who plays Kirsty Soames) and singer Sophie Ellis Bexter.

Murder On The Dancefloor hit-maker Bextor is said to have signed the dotted line on a contract worth nearly €30,000 for the show.

They will take to the tiles with Countdown’s Rachel Riley, Bond girl Fiona Fullerton, Breakfast star Susanna Reid, Dragon’s Den judge Deborah Meaden and presenter Vanessa Feltz, The Sun reports.

Feltz joked that she’s so excited about the challenge she’s already preparing by wearing sequins on her underwear.

It seems the TV personality has already been practising her pirouettes, as Strictly Come Dancing shared a photo of Feltz in the studio, captioning it, “Here’s an exclusive snap of Vanessa Feltz on set yesterday in her gorgeous sequinned dress!”

Flying for the flag for the males will be golfer Tony Jacklin, Hollyoaks’ Ashley Taylor, rugby player Ben Cohen and fashion designer Julien MacDonald.

The guys will be joined by Waterloo Road actor Mark Benton, Hairy Biker Dave Myers and Casualty star Patrick Robinson.

A BBC source said they were “thrilled” with this year’s star-studded line-up.

The celebrities will meet their dance partners on Saturday, BBC One at 6:50pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Susanna Reid and Rachel Riley??!! Holy mother of TV totty Batman, I wont have one word of complaint about it being on the telly for hours on end this year!

Excuse the blatant sexism ladies, but this is clearly "one for the Dads!" :D:D

Dara-OBriain-006.jpg

It's probably a testament to how good the strictly line up usually is, but I think years is just OK. There's definitely more than a few "filler" celebs on there. The last three years I literally recognised everyone in the line up so this years seems quite poor in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I dunno, Ben Cohen is a pretty fine looking man

• Advertisement

Thats interesting since this cast has to be the most D-List to date. Fiona Fullerton??? I mean Alison Doody's Bond role was bigger than her's. They turn down Becky Adlington but include a nobody actress.

And that Corrie chick lists Jazz, Tap, Cabaret and Latin American dances as special skills on her acting CV. Hardly a beginner.

Advertisement