Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

No way, series 7 was definitely their worst line up. When Rachel Stevens and Sonia from Eastenders are your biggest names then you know things are bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

No male eye candy.
    I looked up Ben Cohen, and dont think i like him.
    I think Julian McDonald might wear more makeup and sequins than the women :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Only caught the new line-up yesterday.

Erm...not sure it's a ratings winner this year, especially as some of the good pros have gone as well. BUT will watch Saturday and see what the craic is.

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    No male eye candy.
    I looked up Ben Cohen, and dont think i like him.
    I think Julian McDonald might wear more makeup and sequins than the women :D

Isn't he with yer wan from the Saturdays??

flutegirl wrote: »
    Isn't he with yer wan from the Saturdays??

No that's Ben Foden.

• Advertisement

bopper wrote: »
    No that's Ben Foden.

Ahhh, thanks for clearing that up!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Strictly's on!!!!!
    And I'm watching it in glorious HD! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,130 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Rachel Riley is lookingquite tasty in tonight's show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Only 7 male celebs, did someone drop out at the last minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought the pairing up went well, i'm glad Anton didn't get Vanessa Feltz as he has been with the comedy act for a while now and she can't dance. I think The hairy biker, the golfer and the big fella in the red shirt (whose name escapes me) will be the weaker dancers on the lads side. Not sure about the women but i'm guessing Rachel from countdown and the girl from corrie have some dancing experience

• Advertisement

casio4 wrote: »
    I thought the pairing up went well, i'm glad Anton didn't get Vanessa Feltz as he has been with the comedy act for a while now and she can't dance.

He wasn't exactly put with a front runner either. At least people know who Vanessa Feltz is.

I always feel sorry for whoever is paired with Brendan (in this case Sophie). It just seems to be the kiss of death in recent years. I hope she's thick skinned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ben Cohen is a ride!!!!

Hope he wins, he's dancing with Kristina

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

I'm devastated Natalie is injured.

I will miss that body!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Yep Ben is a total ride, with Kristina now single I'd be so pissed if I was his wife lol Kristina seems like a maneater

I'm rooting for Ashley, Rachel and Ben right now cause I'm shallow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Stupid Vanessa feltz and her "I'm doing it for the larger ladies". She had a gastric band/bypass. I do not want to be associated with her

I know what happened to that gastric band, clearly didn't work.

James face when he was told he got Vanessa :D
    I like the new professional male, cant pronounce his name, but he is hot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Rachel Riley is going to be the Victoria Pendleton of this series... Or the Vanessa Williams, i.e. hopeless.
    That's my early prediction! :D

I'd love Rachel to be good but I kind of agree. To be honest I cant see a scenario where Ashley or Ben don't win and you can see by the faces of Ola and Kristina in the interviews after they got partnered up that they can see that Glitterball Trophy already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    James face when he was told he got Vanessa :D

Ha yeah you could see him thinking "my back, my poor back".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Mister R wrote: »
    I'd love Rachel to be good but I kind of agree. To be honest I cant see a scenario where Ashley or Ben don't win and you can see by the faces of Ola and Kristina in the interviews after they got partnered up that they can see that Glitterball Trophy already.

Natalie (Kirstie from Coronation St) looked great. She was a dancer before she became an actress too. I predict her in the final.

I feel she could get some Denise Van Outen style backlash for that which is why I ranked the guys ahead of her, but yes she will be around in the latter weeks. Although she is probably more likable than Denise ever was.

Cant wait for tonight :)

I was surprised how good Abbey was and I always like a scouse accent so I think I'll root for her. Really struggled to find someone to support this season though, they're so blah. :pac:

Abby was vey good.
    Im liking the guy from casualty and deborah.
    Really dont like natalie and artem, and the hairy biker was funny
    Vanessa really annoys me though so I hope she goes first

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Bruce is an absolute disgrace now and brings nothing to the show.
    Sentimentality shouldn't come into it, he's actually just a very poor presenter now. Time to cut him loose, he's an embarrassment.

EDIT: Rachel Riley did quite well, surprisingly. However, it was a waltz so I'm predicting an utter car crash when she does her first Latin dance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Heroditas wrote: »
    Bruce is an absolute disgrace now and brings nothing to the show.
    Sentimentality shouldn't come into it, he's actually just a very poor presenter now. Time to cut him loose, he's an embarrassment.

I grew up watching Bruce so was always ready to cut him a bit of slack but he's been terrible so far this series.

Have to agree about Bruce. He has to go. If only to save viewers from Tess's hysterical laughter!

If it was commercial TV not a chance Bruce would still be around, he doesn't really appeal to advertising demographics but since the BBC is non commercial they can keep dinosaurs like him around for as long as they want even though if you look at twitter he isn't at all popular with viewers.

He's awful, surely they could find a much cheaper guy in his 30s/40s to host this.

• Advertisement

I have to put Bruce on mute

Advertisement