Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

someone in the know told me a few weeks ago they were opening two new takeaways

Speaking of takeaways... or the opposite actually...

That Glynn's Kitchen in Lisbaun, it seems that they do deliveries but you can't actually go there and order food it seems?

Bit weird... Anyone know where they are?

Very nice food from there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

O Connells has been closed for the past few days. Anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

O Connells has been closed for the past few days. Anyone know why?

I don't know for sure, but it has to be a sign that the Apocalypse is imminent

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

They are doing some re design work was talking to two staff and manager.
    Oh it's mostly to do with the beer garden areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They were planning on extending the main bar into the back bar. They've probably started on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They were planning on extending the main bar into the back bar. They've probably started on it.

Has the Heritage Officer approved? I thought that interior was kinda protected (and if it's not, it should be).

While on the topic of business changes, a new hair extensions place has opened in a tiny corner unit on the ground floor of the Eyre Square centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Saw a few signs around the place for a new mobile/tech repair shop in Newcastle Road. I think it might be opposite HSE. Couldn't quite make out if it did computer repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

bobbyss wrote: »
    Saw a few signs around the place for a new mobile/tech repair shop in Newcastle Road. I think it might be opposite HSE. Couldn't quite make out if it did computer repairs.

There a few years now, just upping the anti on their advertising.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Just had a leaflet in my door. DID electrical opening is 9am this Saturday in Terryland

Galway Plate Restaurant on the Tuam Rd being demolished to make way for a new development consisting of ground floor restaurant and first floor apartments.

Planning permission received according to GBFM today.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Galway Plate Restaurant on the Tuam Rd being demolished to make way for a new development consisting of ground floor restaurant and first floor apartments.

Planning permission received according to GBFM today.

jays, a place I often go to for lunch, always seems to have a decent crowd etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

huggs2 wrote: »
    Just had a leaflet in my door. DID electrical opening is 9am this Saturday in Terryland

Link: http://www.did.ie/stores/galway-terrylands

This is good news, I always thought they were too far away to bother with. If they're close to Curry's it might encourage more comparison shopping.

My problem with both shops is that they have loads more online than in their showrooms negating the point of a visit most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭buzz11

New Cafe/chocolate emporium opening shortly in middle st, where modern music was. (notice on the door)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

buzz11 wrote:
    New Cafe/chocolate emporium opening shortly in middle st, where modern music was. (notice on the door)

Just what the city needs...😕

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ah ****e, I love that back room and getting pints through the hatch.

Has the Heritage Officer approved? I thought that interior was kinda protected (and if it's not, it should be).

It should be but AFAIK it's just the pressed tin ceiling in the main bar that is listed, the back rooms don't have same ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Does anyone know what's going on at Sheridan's Cheesemongers? Inside is cleared out, signage gone, no information posted on door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

ingalway wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's going on at Sheridan's Cheesemongers? Inside is cleared out, signage gone, no information posted on door.
    From their Facebook page......

Dear Customers,

A quick update on our Galway Shop. We are working very hard to get our shop and wine bar up and running again. We had hoped to service the weekend market on Saturdays but in the end - this was not a feasible option for us.

We want to have our wine bar open by this coming weekend - all going according to plan. Our shop is taking a little longer to get right but we endeavor to get our beautiful cheese shop back to its full former glory.Thank you for your patience, kind words of support and your understanding with our project fix it in Galway. We very much miss our loyal customers and friends that visited us every week.

<Work advert from Sheridan that was included is now removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

ingalway wrote: »
    Closed temporarily due to fire.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

serfboard wrote: »
    You say fire, I say giant open air fondue party.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

There was de-brie everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Oh Cheese-us here come the puns.

The next one better be a cracker...

Rumour has it that Paris Stilton will be at the Re-Launch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    There was de-brie everywhere

Gouda one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

All these cheese puns are driving me emmental! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep. Everyone is trying to have a grater pun than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Anyone know what's going on with the Westside Maxol?

flazio wrote: »
    Anyone know what's going on with the Westside Maxol?

New owners of the shopping centre complex. Lease was due for renewal and the new owners increased it substantially. Leaseholder decided not to renew.

All the new traffic calming measures and the addition of the new medical centre are part of the new owners effort to make their mark too I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

They feta make their cheese more caerphilly in future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Rumour has it that Paris Stilton will be at the Re-Launch.

I'm led to believe they've lined up Gianfranco gorgon-Zola for the official opening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement