Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Liam Gallagher do a Johnny Rotten (ie PIL)??

Options
  • 01-06-2013 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭

on later with jools. possible

Can Liam Gallagher do a Johnny Rotten? 67 votes

yes
    0%
    no
    10%
    StupidLikeAFoxArtSmartbuyer95DEFTLEFTHANDSeamusFXakurajamaamaj 7 votes
    i can't imagine anything less interesting
    32%
    sixpack's little hatgurramokStupidLikeAFoxJupiterKidhomerun_homerNodinglossytelekonpatakadarraghTable Top JoeBigBrownBearHilly BillAlonso77SeanachaiElvisChrist6Rothkoakuradd972Lenin SkynardStaff Infection 22 votes
    why is this in after hours?
    56%
    entropitony 2 tonejam_mac_jamStupidLikeAFoxRetrovertigoNewaglishSamhainbikotonedefgrizzlyIrish Haloaidan24326MyrddinbuilttospillUlysses GazeKess73SVtravis1976DetectivFoxtrot[Deleted User] 38 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Where's the 'I want to knock the teeth out of Liam Gallagher's head' option?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I.e Pil does not make any sense to me. Sir, what is it that you mean, speak clearly and plainly, lest I behead you for speaking in riddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

no
    I.e Pil does not make any sense to me. Sir, what is it that you mean, speak clearly and plainly, lest I behead you for speaking in riddles.

Public Image Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Liam will not find a Jah Wobble though.

Too much of a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Did you see him on Jools the other night - d1ckhead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I didn't but I can't stand the prick. He head butted a fan a couple of years back. I think someone punched him in the mouth and he lost a couple of teeth some time ago too.

He's a scumbag who stumbled into success by way of his Brother's talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

What did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Wattle wrote: »
    What did he do?

just being a dope when interviewed. the (BeadyEye) song was ****e also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Apart from 2 or 3 songs, PIL were brutal. Beady eye are just as bad and wont trouble the top of the charts any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

just being a dope when interviewed. the (BeadyEye) song was ****e also

Par for the course. I've kind of warmed to Noel a little bit but Liam is a talenteless charlatan and a complete dickhead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

He's a fucking parody of his younger self, and the younger him was an over rated little maggot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

no
    ARE YA MAD FER IT??

He's mellowed out a bit these days, he's in his 40s now and by all accounts I've heard he's a very good father. One of his sons is actually called Lennon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Apart from 2 or 3 songs, PIL were brutal.

Public Image are class , not sure of their new stuff - but they have a great backcatalog -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

They're both musical spent forces, I can just envisage a big Slane Oasis reunion gig in 2020, just so Noel can buy a Chateau because the kids have grown up and Liam can proffer some of his witless soundbites that'll end up on Yahoo.com.

The gig of course will be a total shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

thebaz wrote: »
    Public Image are class , not sure of their new stuff - but they have a great backcatalog -

Although Lydon's a dick now compared to his 20's and 30's, PIL and Metal Box are masterpieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Don't be bloody ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Went to Oasis concert in Pairc Ui Caoimhe in the 90's at the height of Oasis career.

WORST. CONCERT. EVER.

The support was the Prodigy and they were great.
    Then comes along the Eyebrowed Idiots and it all went to muck.

They spent the whole time arguing(and they were genuinely fighting, not just for show)through the whole gig.
    It was a shambles, only one of them on stage at once, drinking tea and bitching.

Waste of ticket money and a journey:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

no
    dd972 wrote: »
    They're both musical spent forces, I can just envisage a big Slane Oasis reunion gig in 2020, just so Noel can buy a Chateau because the kids have grown up and Liam can proffer some of his witless soundbites that'll end up on Yahoo.com.

The gig of course will be a total shambles.

Noel solo album was as good as any of the early Oasis albums imo. " If I had a Gun... " is up there with Don't Look Back in Anger, Supersonic, and Live Forever. It was No.1 in UK and Ireland, Liam a spent force? Hell yeah, but not Noel. I was at the concert in Marlay Park with him and Kasabian(epic concert) both sounded great live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Noel is far more annoying than Liam these days but they're both worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Oasis were great in their day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

In the 90s Liam was one of the greatest male vocalists ever, he sounded like a cross between Lennon and Johnny Rotten from the sex pistols. But his voice kinda went to **** over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Beady Eye is basically Oasis without Noel, or what Oasis were before Noel came along and fixed them.

Whats the Story Morning Glory and Definitely Maybe were two of the best albums from the 90's as far as Brit Pop was concerned. Turned on the end of 'Later' last night when Beady Eye was doing their closing song, was not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

Can Liam Gallagher influence music the way that Johnny Rotten and the Pistols did? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...I'd say theres more talent in the beady eye of me flute, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Liam's voice is shot. His singing has become so nasal that he sounds like zippy from rainbow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

This is not a love song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Apart from 2 or 3 songs, PIL were brutal. Beady eye are just as bad and wont trouble the top of the charts any time soon.

PIL in their heyday - First Issue & Metal Box - were essential. Jah Wobble's bass is unmistakeable and the influence of krautrock is impossible to ignore.

I reckon PIL's last good album was, er, "Album". You gotta love the lineup - Steve Vai, Bill Laswell, Ryuichi Sakamoto and Ginger Baker. And I'm sure when they appeared on TotP Don Lett's was larking about with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 72,224 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

When it comes to experimenting and exploring different styles of music, Liam is far more narrow-minded than Lydon.

Pil mix krautrock, dub, reggae and roots, punk and folk.

Liam likes Beatles derpa derp!

Now sit back and enjoy this magnificent record...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I heard Liam and Beady eye are set to appear on the x factor.
    Edgy..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mikom wrote: »
    I heard Liam and Beady eye are set to appear on the x factor.
    Edgy..........

Well, that sinus condition doesn't pay for itself....

Advertisement