Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most manly thing you did today?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I fixed my car this morning. Well, i cellotaped the wee tube that carries water to the wipers. But I got to roll up my sleeves and look like i was doing something complicated under the bonnet. Even got a wee bit of oil on my hands, which i wiped with a dirty rag.
    The I had a morning glory boner on the whole drive into work. It was very uncomfortable but about as manly a thing as you can do.
    Now is probably not the best time to mention that cellotape is not waterproof ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Now is probably not the best time to mention that cellotape is not waterproof ;)

I have heard that real men always go straight fo the duct tape, no shilly-shallying around with this Sellotape nonsense. Not actually sure about whether duct tape is waterproof tho.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

jimgoose wrote: »
    That cave-man stuff is all well-and-fine in its place, but sometimes it's much more challenging and rewarding to listen for the grasshopper at your feet. ;)
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

starling wrote: »
    I have heard that real men always go straight fo the duct tape, no shilly-shallying around with this Sellotape nonsense. Not actually sure about whether duct tape is waterproof tho.
    No it dries out eventually

Self amalgamating tape is the mutt's nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Also the unexpected juxtaposition of "ironing" and "breastfeeding" has unaccountably got me imagining actuall using boobs as irons. I can't decide if that is more or less manly :P

I'll be over with a few...um "shirts" that need "Ironing" in an hour or so ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

To be fair, an iron IS a power tool, and a properly ironed shirt is manly x 1000.

*adjusts monocle*

Yes, but in order to be properly manly you have to have your "man" do it for you, preferably whilst you concentrate on finding the source of the Nile whilst avoiding cannibals and headhunters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Imparted wisdom to younglins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Some of you need some inspiration for manliness it seems.
    Here's a double barrelled shotgun load
    http://www.amazon.com/Alphabet-Manliness-Maddox/dp/0806535229

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Aced English paper two

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Carefully selected and put on a freshly ironed shirt, affixed the cufflinks in a single motion, tied my tie into an awesome knot, belted my trousers, chose a pair of manly brown brogues, slipped my suit jacket on, placed my wallet and phone in each inside pocket, checked my reflection once in the mirror, and strode out the door like the king of the world.

You forgot your car keys...or do you take the bus? Damn sissy!

I got up this morning, pulled a wrinkly old shirt out, pulled on my old blue jeans, chose my only pair of steel toe boots. Placed my wallet and phone in the same pocket, my car keys in the other. I ate 2 dry sticks of Weetabix before driving my beast of a car to work for a 12 hour slog working a job only a man could do before coming home in a ball of sweat to find steak, chips and a glass of milk sitting at the table waiting for me to devour.

• Advertisement

I'll be over with a few...um "shirts" that nead "Ironing" in an hour or so ;)
    My neighbour will see ya right with them, his boobs are pretty big :D

mooman wrote: »
    You forgot your car keys...or do you take the bus? Damn sissy!

I got up this morning, pulled a wrinkly old shirt out, pulled on my old blue jeans, chose my only pair of steel toe boots. Placed my wallet and phone in the same pocket, my car keys in the other. I ate 2 dry sticks of Weetabix before driving my beast of a car to work for a 12 hour slog working a job only a man could do before coming home in a ball of sweat to find steak, chips and a glass of milk sitting at the table waiting for me to devour.

Yer not a steel worker are ya? According to the Simpsons they are all kinds of manly :pac:

(Manly =/= straight I know, am just kiddin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Spent 13 hours sitting on a tractor saving the fodder for the cattle for next winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I drank a bovril, smoked a cigar, had a pint of Guinness and farted really loudly at another man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

(Manly =/= straight I know, am just kiddin)

These fellas have their own ideas on manliness. I think this is my favourite line.

" Our sexual life generally consists of BDSM, especially sadomasochism. Our brothers aren’t engaged in tenderness on silk sheets – we commit truly manly acts."

http://m.vice.com/en_uk/read/meet-russias-gay-aryan-skinheads-finally-bringing-homosexuality-to-the-neo-nazi-world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Played 'Air Guitar' while listening to Deep Purple.

Note perfect too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

humbert wrote: »
    Smashed a wall with a sledgehammer. Was disturbed by how much I enjoyed it. I looked long and hard at the living room wall and thought of reasons why a door would be inferior to a gaping hole; fortunately the door remains.

smashed my womans back doors in. there are so many parallels with this post its scary actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

jimgoose wrote: »
    Not a patch on the gentle, barely-audible "TICK" from a torque-wrench as you dial in exactly 95lb-ft putting them back on, though. In the words of the great Tim Allen: Ugh-Ugh-Uuuugghhh! :D

pft you use a torque wrench like a mammies boy, I tighten things by pure feel based on the manliness of tighter than it needs to be [well according their guidelines] but not tight enough to start striping the threads

torque wrench..pffftt..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

IM0 wrote: »
    pft you use a torque wrench like a mammies boy, I tighten things by pure feel based on the manliness of tighter than it needs to be [well according their guidelines] but not tight enough to start striping the threads

torque wrench..pffftt..

Hah! Power is nothing without control, Daniel-san. One needs a come-down after cracking the studs with a scaffold-pole and a sledgehammer. :D

These fellas have their own ideas on manliness. I think this is my favourite line.

" Our sexual life generally consists of BDSM, especially sadomasochism. Our brothers aren’t engaged in tenderness on silk sheets – we commit truly manly acts."

http://m.vice.com/en_uk/read/meet-russias-gay-aryan-skinheads-finally-bringing-homosexuality-to-the-neo-nazi-world

I'm probably going to have a very difficult time picking a favourite line, so far I'm only two answers in and I'm dying craughing here LOOK AT THEIR FLAG SWEET MOTHER OF GOD I would pay good money to see these guys throw a parade.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Jaysis. Just... Jaysis!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

MadsL wrote: »
    *adjusts monocle*

Yes, but in order to be properly manly you have to have your "man" do it for you, preferably whilst you concentrate on finding the source of the Nile whilst avoiding cannibals and headhunters.

This is also true.

It will also turn out that your man is an older gent, seemingly mild, was in the army, veteran of many wars, and is a right vicious bastard with any kind of a blade, while always possessing the correct type of tea for any situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Went into my course thismorning with the worst case of sunstroke ever. Sneezing, vomiting, headache, dehydrated. I'm still here! Respect me :P

gamercfc wrote: »
    Went into my course thismorning with the worst case of sunstroke ever. Sneezing, vomiting, headache, dehydrated. I'm still here! Respect me :P

I for one salute you, sir. Generosity is very manly indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

gamercfc wrote: »

Real men don't get sunstroke - real men have tough weathered skin from all of the outdoor activities such as wood chopping, hiking, shooting and fishing. They have a dark protection tan on their face and forearms (just below the rolled up sleeves of the red and black plaid shirt)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

GASH... Lolz at the irony...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 The Man They Couldnt

Leaving Cert Geography :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Pissed in the sink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Torque rench? Pffft..... Angle tightening is where it's at :p (yeah I did one the other evening, 22 bolts on a 2.8 turbo, impact socket on breaker nar, stopped movement by using a buckrake tooth, Zepplin blaring in the background...... Manly!)

I think I'll take some engines out today and get busy with the consaw :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I left the toilet seat up.

Advertisement