Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most manly thing you did today?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

dgt wrote: »
    Torque rench? Pffft..... Angle tightening is where it's at :p (yeah I did one the other evening, 22 bolts on a 2.8 turbo, impact socket on breaker nar, stopped movement by using a buckrake tooth, Zepplin blaring in the background...... Manly!)
    I am defeated. That is so bloody awesome there are hardly words! :D
    I think I'll take some engines out today and get busy with the consaw :D
    W18 from three IL6s, anyone?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

jimgoose wrote: »
    I am defeated. That is so bloody awesome there are hardly words! :D

W18 from three IL6s, anyone?? :D

Meh, I decided against the consaw in the finish, more fun ways to take out engines :pac:

Meh, I decided against the consaw in the finish, more fun ways to take out engines :pac:

Jaysis! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

old_aussie wrote: »
    I left the toilet seat up.

Shít just got real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Cut down the trees behind my backyard with a chainsaw.
    Power washed the whole back yard and washed the car while I was at it.
    Made a curry from scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

followed my little girl around the garden with an umbrella for an hour so she wouldnt overheat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

followed my little girl around the garden with an umbrella for an hour so she wouldnt overheat

You should construct an overly complicated rig to hold said umbrella over your little girl.

While your protection of your spawn is commended as manly, the lack of construction or demolition is alarming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I refused to go to a wedding because I hate weddings and that shit is for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

You should construct an overly complicated rig to hold said umbrella over your little girl.

While your protection of your spawn is commended as manly, the lack of construction or demolition is alarming.
    :) i forgot to mention while shielding daughter from sun with one hand i was fending off army of midgies with my spare hand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I cut down 3 Leylandii trees in my back garden, starting at 7 this morning. They were between 25 and 30 foot high. The first one nearly fell on top of me. However, I didn't use one of those girlie chainsaws. I just used a bow saw and my herculean strength...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'm in the process of digging up a washing line pole that I concreted into the lawn last year (where the missus asked my to locate it) as it turn out my manly instincts 12months ago were right and a washing line under a line of trees will get no sunshine and have loads of moss and bird poo on it ...

obviously as a man, the dirt on stuff coming off the line doesnt bother me but herself wont hang anything on the in now so its soft towels all round ... one just can not be using soft towels, they need to air dry into something resembling 80 grit sand paper (For the lads on here boasting about their hair straighteners sandpaper is what real men use to clean surfaces before painting, ...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

Opened a jar of carrots for my Ma.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Dublinpato wrote: »
    Opened a jar of carrots for my Ma.

what happened to pulling them out of the ground and eating em with the soil still on??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Got the wifes car NCT'd this morning, got back and emptied my van. Heading off to get 20sqm of porcelain tiles later to tile the kitchen floor tomorrow morning. And that's after I had a skin full of beer last night!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I refused to go to a wedding because I hate weddings and that shit is for women.
    Are ye still engaged ?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

Had a shave with cold water, blunt razor, 3days of stubble and no foam. And cried like a girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm in the process of digging up a washing line pole that I concreted into the lawn last year (where the missus asked my to locate it) as it turn out my manly instincts 12months ago were right and a washing line under a line of trees will get no sunshine and have loads of moss and bird poo on it ...

obviously as a man, the dirt on stuff coming off the line doesnt bother me but herself wont hang anything on the in now so its soft towels all round ... one just can not be using soft towels, they need to air dry into something resembling 80 grit sand paper (For the lads on here boasting about their hair straighteners sandpaper is what real men use to clean surfaces before painting, ...)

I hear ya, I hate soft towels. :) we don't have an outside line, but I distinctly remember my dad doing a wash when my mum wa away and leaving shirts spread over a couple of bushes to dry:) I asked him if they weren't full of twigs and leaves and sh1t (no bird droppings, luckily) and he just said "Tis grand sure, I'm a man, that stuff doesn't bother me":)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Dupont wrote: »
    Had a shave with cold water, blunt razor, 3days of stubble and no foam. And cried like a girl

My thoughts are with ya at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Went out last night for a quiet social night with beer, jager, whiskeys (12 year aged I'll have you know) vodka, gin and rum.

Woke up at noon and ate a bacon and sausage sandwich :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Today's achievement is easy. Making my 1000th post on here :) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I cupped one of my man boobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I wheelbarrowed a metric ton (or as I said when I saw it " a metric fúckton") of topsoil the length of the garden and up a slope to my new vegetable plot.
    Took a break in the middle, which probably takes away some points, but my beverage of choice was two bottles of ice cold beer! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Some people may need to read this.
    Become a man in 5 minutes*

*for best results use with whisky and bacon

On Sunday I fitted two new shelves in the shed. And then, I carefully arranged all my various containers of engine oils, coolants, brake/clutch fluids, ATF, etc. carefully upon them in "grabbable" order, i.e. according to most-often used. I then pondered this deeply for a while, decided I had gotten the order subtly wrong, then did it again. Then, happy, I went to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

. Putting on a pink shirt and getting away with it is manly.

Wearing a pink shirt isn't manly - not even being aware of the colour of your shirt is manly. And you're not getting away with it - no man looks good in a pink shirt. Every time I see a man in a pink shirt I think : "Why? Did he pick that off a rack, hold it up and think to himself : 'This. This will look good on me.'?", when 99% of the time it's some old guy desperately trying to look fashionable.

Also -100 man points for aknowledging pink as a colour. The Germans don't even have a word for 'pink'. It's light red. :D
    Did she have a pair in the car? - Yes, she did.
    Were they pink? - Yes, they were.

You could just have not worn sunglasses? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Some people may need to read this.
    Become a man in 5 minutes*

*for best results use with whisky and bacon
    Have the follicularly challenged been made aware of this miraculous stuff?! Life changer.

Also bloke in pics has nice hands. What, that's not weird

Burst into the server room this morning and did a traditional Maori war-dance, while reciting:

This is our land that rumbles
    It's our time! It's our moment!

The I.T. guys started giving me funny looks. I felt a bit of a fool - turns out they said they needed a "hacker" to get the old mainframe restarted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Suckfisher

H

Advertisement