Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Barbarian FC, Sat 1 June 12:30pm; Sky Sports 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Anyone else prefer to see northern hemisphere vs southern hemisphere rather than four countries against one when they Play Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Anyone see the short clip of BOD on the ship just before the ad break?

Sky are in a league of their own when it cones to rugby coverage and analysis.

A try I will never get tired of watching although
    funnily enough I'd almost say that his break for Daffyd James's try was even better.

Anyone else prefer to see northern hemisphere vs southern hemisphere rather than four countries against one when they Play Australia.

No because it would just be an exhibition match and would mean nothing.

The four Lions countries are, like it or not, tied by history and tradition. It means something to play for the British and Irish Lions, it would mean nothing to represent the Northern Hemisphere other than it being nice to be regarded as the best in the NH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

bilston wrote: »
    A try I will never get tired of watching although
    funnily enough I'd almost say that his break for Daffyd James's try was even better.

try was amazing but there was clip of BoD in sailor/commander uniform looking like a captain of a ship throes a great pads back to a kid. Class.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Dean Richards sheading some light on Gatlands attack philosophy, some good research there.

Dean Ryan but yes you're right. Ryan is easily my favourite analyst, unfortunately the Lions tour will be the last we see of him as he is coaching again next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Dean Ryan but yes you're right. Ryan is easily my favourite analyst, unfortunately the Lions tour will be the last we see of him as he is coaching again next season.

he's class. Tim Greenwood is great as well though. I still miss Simon Lazenby though.

try was amazing but there was clip of BoD in sailor/commander uniform looking like a captain of a ship throes a great pads back to a kid. Class.

Oh sorry I didn't read your post properly I thought you were talking about the 'Wizards of Oz'section where he talked shout his try.

Yeah the ad is quite funny. Although Im not sure I like the idea of Gatland being in it. For some reason I would rather the coach rose above it. Still just a bit of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

No because it would just be an exhibition match and would mean nothing.

The four Lions countries are, like it or not, tied by history and tradition. It means something to play for the British and Irish Lions, it would mean nothing to represent the Northern Hemisphere other than it being nice to be regarded as the best in the NH.

Totally agree in terms of a SH Lions. There is no real connection between Aus/NZ and South Africa. An ANZACS side (Aus + NZ) might work because we are historically linked through the World Wars especially Gallipoli and the like in WW1, but B&I Lions works because it's the Real McCoy, not just some random group of players thrown together,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Maybe worth noting that live commentary is also being carried on 2FM if anyone can't be in front of a TV.

Anyway, happy enough with that selection, once you took out the Leinster, Ulster and Leicester players plus Jenkins and Warburton, there weren't too many hard calls to be made.

Nice one for that, I'll be working...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

I actually want the Barbarians to win! Come on the Baa Baa's! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Lions by 1-10
    Hope the BaaBaas turn up, and do not perform like they did last week. Interested to see how Daly and Laulala get on in the centres, only players that looked creative last week.

If the game is loose, Hogg and Maitland will thrive. I am going to say the Lions by 20-25 points.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

5 minute kick off delay (Lions caught in traffic :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Already a brilliant opening by Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Pumped for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Can you listen to 2fm on the internet, whilst on a android does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ground looks empty behind Greenwood and McGeechan, although I'm watching on an average stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Download tune in radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

this the one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Ground looks empty behind Greenwood and McGeechan, although I'm watching on an average stream.

Lot of empty seats so far alright

Pretty empty yea.

I guess most Lions fans will have headed straight to Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Apparently 25000 tickets were sold out of a 40000 capacity, though tickets were €75 so it wasn't exactly cheap

I just tried streaming 2fm online on my work computer and they have it blocked for the duration of the match. Disaster!

Cool_CM wrote: »
    I just tried streaming 2fm online on my work computer and they have it blocked for the duration of the match. Disaster!

Have you got a smartphone? Use the 2FM app or the radio itself on it!

The Lions jersey really is a cracker.

"The whole world is watching this game"

Sure Scott, sure! :pac:

DenMan wrote: »
    Have you got a smartphone? Use the 2FM app or the radio itself on it!

Security Compliance, can't be done :(
    My F5 button is going to be quite busy for the next while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

I would have thought Yachvilli should be in NZ, preparing to face the ABs :(

Maybe he flies on from here...?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Barbarians by more than 10
    Barnes spent last week saying how Yachvilli (spelling) was awful choice for the Baa Baa's and now it's him talking about how he's a complete scrumhalf.

Swiwi wrote: »
    I would have thought Yachvilli should be in NZ, preparing to face the ABs :(

Maybe he flies on from here...?

Nah he's been put out to pasture, like Harinordoquy.

• Advertisement

Chinese national anthem sounds like music you'd hear at the carnival!

Advertisement