Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italy or France?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

The Italians have given us Chippers and Dubliners with names like Antonio Mazzerini, so they edge it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

whichever one makes the best hammocks would be spared.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

If you were propositioned by a deranged criminal mastermind, who is about to launch a weapon of mass destruction, what your least favoured country is what would your answer be?

Bugger.....I didn't read the question before voting!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Au revoir, surrender monkeys.

Serie A > Ligue 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Kichote wrote: »
    It sounds like an opinion generated solely from watching jersey shore pseudo-Italians. Real life ones I've worked with et were salt of the earth

I've been to,in no particular order: Rome,florence,Venice,Verona,Pisa,milan,turin, torino and the small seaside town of Alassio.ive worked with many Italians some salt of the earth some not.obviously mine is a sweeping generalization but I have found it true of those italians living in italy. The italians themselves I've worked with told me this prior to me going the cities I listed above on visits with them. I had a completley different view of them befire hand but I had only met international jet setter types up until then. The average Italian is very insular.

The french on the other hand blew my mind.I had only been to Paris previously and came across the usual snooty,not wanting to speak English french. Then when I actually went around France with some French folk I worked with I ran into lots of people who wouln't speak French with me because they wanted to practice their English!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

cheese eating surrender monkeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

My bike frame broke in half a few years back and when I seen where it was made it said France. Not surprising really, it wasn't going to put up any f*cking resistance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Lucena wrote: »
    Sure you didn't mean to say "Romanes eunt domus"?

People called Romanes, they go, the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

smurgen wrote: »
    having been all over both countries countless times i'd choose Italy without a doubt. The French people are great once you get to know them . They play up to being assholes because they know they have an international reputation for it and they are very funny people. Character wise they're surprising similar to the Irish. I'd go so far as to say their sense of humour is more closer to the irish that the English to the irish. The Italians on the other hand are annoying and vain and as thick as bricks. They are useless at picking up foreign languages and are culturally ignorant and Italian food within Italy is brutal. Also French women are classy while Italian women are trashy. Annecy my favourite place in the world is also in France to and I couldn't cope with that place being reduced to ash!

True Annecy is a stunning spot no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The Italians make Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Zondas and Pizzas. Plus I've been to France but have yet to go to Italy, so you can't go blowing it up just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Italy is just like the perfect country though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That would be a really bastard criminal mastermind, I'd be two worlds about it.
    Would pasta still be possible if Italy went?

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Italy is just like the perfect country though.

You haven't been to Napoli then.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Hoop66 wrote: »

^^^^ Member of the People's Front of Judea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Maybe just settle on nuking Naples,it's so bad it's actually fun. Still worthy of utter annihalation though.Vesuvius...do your thannng.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Thierry Henry

/Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Tony EH wrote: »

Uhu? What's particularly bad down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

Only property tax is bad. Pay the govt to let you live in your house, next you'll have to pay them each time you pull your own knob. If you're going to a tax haven you might as well go for a nice one. Cayman islands or some place, hang out with the boys who run Apple and Google

If you pull it for charity its tax free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Munich

/Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

can't it be BOTH? the Italians are nearly as bad as the french. gross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Munich

/Thread
    still sore huh?:D:D:D

:pac:

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Uhu? What's particularly bad down there?

It's an absolute kip. Google "Naples is a ****hole", or any derivative thereof.

We basically only used it as a base for traveling around the Amalfi coast, but it was a real eye opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Hoop66 wrote: »

In response to post n°19, always funny people telling you where to go and making a balls of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Yakult wrote: »
    France of course. Terrible accents and terrible food.

Terrible Food?

Fantastic country. Friendly people, loads to do there, different from region to region, great weather and great wine and food.

Never mind the relaxed pace of life. Probably my favourite country in the world. Pity about their foreign policy though - its worse than Americas and thats saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Italy is class!!!

Food, wine, weather, food, lakes, ice cream, sun, mountains, food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

It's an absolute kip. Google "Naples is a ****hole", or any derivative thereof.

We basically only used it as a base for traveling around the Amalfi coast, but it was a real eye opener.

The rubbish problem there is like something you'd see in the slums of new Delhi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

If you were propositioned by a deranged criminal mastermind, who is about to launch a weapon of mass destruction, what your least favoured country is what would your answer be?

OP you've got problems if you dislike both France & Italy! The two most fascinating, stunningly beautiful nations in Europe, home to the Renaissance, etc.

With some of the warmest friendliest people one could hope to meet.

Shame on you OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

A kip? are you blind or just ignorant?! Napoli is stunning. None of your tourist bull$hit that you get in Rome. There are plenty decent parts of Naples, you're judging the whole city on a few bad parts that you've seen. If you took the Camorra out of the place, it would undoubtedly be Europe's most beautiful city.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Italy
    -Nice byors
    -Nice pressure washer pumps (Annovi reverberi)
    -Unga bunga
    -Property tax recently abolished in parts
    -Cars are less boring than those made by PSA/Renault

If i had the chance I'd move to Italy in de morning
    Have you ever had to deal with city hall in Italy ?

Plan on spending a full day filling in forms and looking for offices on the third floor of random buildings on the other side of town. Bonus marks because you have to buy stamps to put on many of the forms and that's another trip back to the post office queue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Italy, payback for WWII
    From September 1943 the Italians fought on the allied side.

But you knew that.

Split the difference and nuke Switzerland. It's got Italian and French speakers. (and while we are dragging up WWII it's got Germans too)

In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Advertisement