Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New acorn fittings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Mutha

QBE wrote: »
    i said on the olive.... whats wrong with that.... will it corode the brass. love to hear your opinion.

it makes the fitting water tight and i guarantee you will never get as much as a weep from them and guess what ........ you dont even need to be an rgi to do this and the world wont end in an explosion due to this.....................jeez?

Nothing wrong with it as far as I know just seems more awkward rather than using uniwhite etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭QBE

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Are you ok? You seem to row with everybody here? Do you think it's all us?? There's only one common denominator here and that's you.
    Mutha wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with it as far as I know just seems more awkward rather than using uniwhite etc.

i like you mutha. a decent lad with cop on.

a lot on this forum is poisoned candy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

QBE. It appears you are unwilling to learn to be civil and courteous to others despite continued requests.There are plenty of well qualified plumbers here who give their time freely to help others. They will no be spoken down to by you or anyone else. Your sarcastic smart comments are not helpful and are not wanted here.
    Banned for 2 weeks.
    If we have to increase this to permanent we will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

KoolKid wrote: »
    QBE. It appears you are unwilling to learn to be civil and courteous to others despite continued requests.There are plenty of well qualified plumbers here who give their time freely to help others. They will no be spoken down to by you or anyone else. Your sarcastic smart comments are not helpful and are not wanted here.
    Banned for 2 weeks.
    If we have to increase this to permanent we will.

You're busy tonight!! Good job and well said

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Silicone on fittings reminds me of when we were asked to move an old gb gas pipe that came up through the middle of the floor under a stairs and was in the owners way. It had been capped off some years previous by someone who just filled the cap with silicone and tightened it up tight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭gifted

Worked with a crowd in Kerry years ago and the plumbers used put silicone on the 4" sewer pipe and fittings instead of lubricant..they swore by it...I swore blindly when I had to move a few of their pipes...sweat beating off me head trying to pull the fittings apart..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

just wondering would qbe and heinbloed be twins ?????? anyway peace again for 2 weeks love and peace has been restored

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Checked that, could not find any evidence.
    Update. QBE permanently banned from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

What ever happened to heinbloed, I remember him from years back fountain of knowledge on some thing, terrible tempered, gas fella as well.

Silacone on soil fittings the only job to go get the hand saw start again, great job but what about the guy who has to make changes.

Anyone using red stag anymore?

esox28 wrote: »
    What ever happened to heinbloed,
    He went the same way as QBE. Knew his stuff , but couldn't hold a civil conversation with anyone. No matter what qualifications you have , it does not give you the right to talk down to anyone.

• Advertisement

He went the same way as QBE. Knew his stuff , but couldn't hold a civil conversation with anyone. No matter what qualifications you have , it does not give you the right to talk down to anyone.

There's actually a name for that type of person. For the life of me I can't think of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

gifted wrote: »
    Worked with a crowd in Kerry years ago and the plumbers used put silicone on the 4" sewer pipe and fittings instead of lubricant..they swore by it...I swore blindly when I had to move a few of their pipes...sweat beating off me head trying to pull the fittings apart..:)

Griffin glue is used by some too. Good luck moving that
    esox28 wrote: »
    What ever happened to heinbloed, I remember him from years back fountain of knowledge on some thing, terrible tempered, gas fella as well.

Silacone on soil fittings the only job to go get the hand saw start again, great job but what about the guy who has to make changes.

Anyone using red stag anymore?

I do if on oil lines. What do ye use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Dtp79 wrote: »
    There's actually a name for that type of person. For the life of me I can't think of it

Sheldon?

Boss white... The red stag is great stuff creates a gasket type seal if you follow the instructions, but who waits for it to dry.

Also using a twineflon string 'think that's what it is anyway' get it in from a gas supplys place in UK, perfect for oil treaded fittings and solar, stable in temp up to 250*.

oh yea...

He did love an argument.

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Sheldon?

Brilliant!! Not sure everyone will get that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

personally i dont understand why these people come on boards qbe came on here approx 6 weeks ago with a few questions re fga suppliers and where to get some spares in cork i pm him all details i had and he seemed thankful 2 days later he starts fighting with 1 and all and if their is 1 thing that pisses me off its a person that thinks they know it all advise is advise and we all need it from time to time me more than most but jesus when somebody talks down to you in his manner it really takes the biscuit what odds he pops up in some other forum shortly

Advertisement