Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition to Prioritise the Ring Road over the Central Access Scheme

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Joe Crocketts get a mention in today's Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

kikel wrote: »

Sunday Times, not Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

kikel wrote: »

Good find. No conflict of interest though.....nothing to see here folks...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

pueblo wrote: »
    Good find. No conflict of interest though.....nothing to see here folks...:rolleyes:

Of course not!

This is a far more important story than whether Andrew, David, Ann and the rest of them filled out a few forms properly. But I'll be surprised if we see a single word about it in the local media this week.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Mankbag wrote: »
    Of course not!

This is a far more important story than whether Andrew, David, Ann and the rest of them filled out a few forms properly. But I'll be surprised if we see a single word about it in the local media this week.

Both David and Andrew were on the kclr today. Didn't hear the full interview but did here the news.

http://kclr96fm.com/2-kilkenny-councillors-admit-fault-failing-declare-property-commercial-interests/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think the new road and bridge looks really good and is a major improvement.

The protesters got this one wrong in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

they got it majorly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think the new road and bridge looks really good and is a major improvement.

The protesters got this one wrong in my opinion.

But was there ever going to be any other outcome, with all the protesting done, bickering and complaining and I followed a lot of it, the 2 reasons that I could decipher from all of it was, Swithwicks didn't need a bridge when they were going to the brewery (debatable) and they should join the ring road to the Freshford road.

I always thought the bridge was a good idea but I didn't realise how great it looks until it was finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

pueblo wrote: »

Really? I find it very strange. Usual crap pulled though by politicians and local government in this septic isle.

As for the new bridge looking good - it's bloody useless. I haven't seen one a HGV or a large lorry or bus on it any time I've gone over it. In fact, I've sat in traffic on Green's Bridge and looked over at the deserted folly. Lorries coming in from Freshford don't seem to be able or are unwilling to take the turn off Vicar St onto the new bridge and don't seem too pushed about changing their habits going the other way. The only HGVs I've ever seen coming from the 'south circular road' or Kennyswell areas are those servicing the local area. I can say that in 20 years in Kilkenny I've never had to jostle for position with a HGV on Dean Street. There are absolutely no lorries coming in from that direction and over the new bridge. So how was it supposed to make it swifter and easier for these fictitious vehicles to cross town. Pure and utter bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Just did a couple of walks on the bridge the last couple of days.
    One thing I did notice is that the metal footpath will burn the paws off of dogs on a hot day! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

pegasus1 wrote: »
    One thing I did notice is that the metal footpath will burn the paws off of dogs on a hot day! :mad:

its a good thing we don't get too many of those so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DickoHara

Guineys are setting up a stand to sell dog sandals .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

pegasus1 wrote: »

If it stops them sh1tting on it I don't care. The amount of dog sh1t on the footpaths at times is an absolute disgrace.

I often go out for walks in the evening or am pushing a buggy around town at the weekends and its infuriating that dog owners are so irresponsible.

Advertisement