Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby Walsh & Paul Nicholls are parting company

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Since 22nd May , Ruby has 5 winners for Mullins , a decent strike rate .

And Mullins has 5 winners since 22nd May .

And the common denominator is of course Ruby .

In the same period PW and Townend drew blanks for WP .

Are you saying none of those winners would've won their respective races had Patrick Mullins or Townend been in the plate? Are you saying that there are horses either rode that would have won had Ruby been on board?

Ruby is first choice when available, we'd expect his strike rate to be higher

Correlation does not necessarily imply causation

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tommythetank

quite an old thread but i"m amazed that the real reason behind Ruby leaving nicholls has not come out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

quite an old thread but i"m amazed that the real reason behind Ruby leaving nicholls has not come out

Strange alright. But with racing such a close knit community I can't see anyone from within racing in any rush to shout about it, particularly when someone like Ruby is involved. Surprised one of the rag tabloids hasn't made a story out of it by now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Are you going to enlighten us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Meath Centre Forward

I would imagine the reason Ruby left was because he knew the money that the likes of Ricci, Wylie and O'Leary would be putting into the Mullins stable along with the fact that Nicholls stars' were coming to the end. So it suited him to be back in Ireland riding the same quality of horse. The departures of Fry and Skelton might have influenced his decision too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Triboro

Sounds like there's more to it than that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Wow posters coming out of the woodwork for some juicy gossip. Nice job Tommythetank. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

I'm not living near kill either but i have heard the rumors, whether true or not it won't effect him in the saddle, he is too driven and ignorant.

I'm not living near kill either but i have heard the rumors, whether true or not it won't effect him in the saddle, he is too driven and ignorant.

Careful what words you use. People might get the wrong idea!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

please don't drag up old threads with the intent of raising/spreading rumours.

/thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement