Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby Walsh & Paul Nicholls are parting company

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭magicwok

kfallon wrote: »
    One of the most corrupt??? :confused: Do you have any evidence of that?

Plus it's a bit rich to be mentioning corruption when Ruby has a longstanding working relationship with Tony Martin......

I've heard a few time lately about corruption surrounding Tony Martin? What has he done, also I think its well dodgy that Ruby is good mates with Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Ruby Walsh corrupt and a prick??

You read it all on here!!! A more honest and nice man you could ever hope to meet.

For the people looking for a decent horse tracker irishracing.com have by far the best one around.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

ATR have a tracker but they don't email you until the day of the race (or just before it). Would prefer one myself that alerts you at the 5 day entry stage tbh!

http://www.irishracing.com/horsetracker

Alerts you when the horses have been entered 5 days before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Blatant in your eyes, perhaps! What I saw that day was a monumental cock-up tbh!

You do know there was a court case about that Ballinger Ridge ride (and others), yeah? It was thrown (yes that's right, thrown) out of court! They had absolutely no evidence or case against him! The BHA didn't even attempt to go near him when they went after Williams & Lynch afterwards. It was well documented that Paul Scotney had drunkenly promised to "get Kieren Fallon"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/struthers-no-fallon-vendetta-527009

As for taking recreational drugs, how is that corruption? :confused: It may well be stupid but it's certainly not corruption! I would say that Tony Martin winner Wrong Turn a couple of weeks ago is more of a case of corruption in Horse Racing to be quite honest!

Fair Play Fallon. Fully agree with you there. Fallon may have made some stupid decisions in his life but i wouldnt call him corrupt. Especially not when compared to numberous others in this sport

The Biography of him entitled Fallon well worth a read for any real racing fan and gives a good picture fallon both his strenghts and his flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭luckyeye

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Fair Play Fallon. Fully agree with you there. Fallon may have made some stupid decisions in his life but i wouldnt call him corrupt. Especially not when compared to numberous others in this sport

The Biography of him entitled Fallon well worth a read for any real racing fan and gives a good picture fallon both his strenghts and his flaws.

One of the worst sporting Biographies I have ever read. Richard Hughes Bio was far superior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

luckyeye wrote: »
    One of the worst sporting Biographies I have ever read. Richard Hughes Bio was far superior.

A bit harsh, admit its not the best sporting book ever, but does give a good insight into Fallon and his character.

Haven't read the Hughes Bio will give it a go.

Doyler, one of the best sports autobiographies out there if you haven't read it well worth a read

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Morgans

Steady on. No jockey is whiter and white in these things.

If you are going to stop a horse, stop it Eddie Ahern style dont stop it by going 8l clear and pulling up.

The idea that Fallon was lillywhite going over and being schooled by the Ramsdens. Seriously.

It doesnt mean that he was any worse than the others who somehow dont have the authorities on their tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Richard Hughes one is an autobiography, is it not? Fallon's is a biography, he had nothing to do with it.

And I bet Richard Hughes isn't telling you everything in his book ;)

Richard Hughes one is an autobiography, is it not? Fallon's is a biography, he had nothing to do with it.

And I bet Richard Hughes isn't telling you everything in his book ;)

On the contray - though it was very frank account. Warts and all.

And your right, Hughes was an autobiography and Fallon's was a biography.

Sorry for bringing this so far off thread.

Not hugely surprised to see the split in the partnership. Would take the middle ground and suggest it was for a variety of reasons - personal/family reasons, relationship deteriorated, stable decline.

Good luck to Daryl Jacob anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

If I was Nicholls, I'd be busting my balls to get Wayne Hutchinson as my 2nd jockey. A brilliant pilot who has been under-valued by King for a long time now IMO. Should be ahead of Choc Thornton at that yard. Would excel riding a better class of horse at Ditcheat too.

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »
    If I was Nicholls, I'd be busting my balls to get Wayne Hutchinson as my 2nd jockey. A brilliant pilot who has been under-valued by King for a long time now IMO. Should be ahead of Choc Thornton at that yard. Would excel riding a better class of horse at Ditcheat too.

Top jockey. Agreed he is undervalued by Alan King but I'm not sure if becoming understudy to Daryl Jacob in a stable generally recognised to be in decline is a step forward for him...

Number two to BG would be ok I guess...but Henderson has a lot of good up-and-coming jockeys...

Top jockey. Agreed he is undervalued by Alan King but I'm not sure if becoming understudy to Daryl Jacob in a stable generally recognised to be in decline is a step forward for him...

Number two to BG would be ok I guess...but Henderson has a lot of good up-and-coming jockeys...

No.2 for Nicholls is definitely better than No.2 for King. I'd have him No.1 ahead of Jacob if both were at Ditcheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I would bet that Hutchinson is now number one jockey for King even when Thornton comes back. I think hes taken his chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

I respect the fact that they are probably not the most likeable of people. But I for 1 have countless memories of azertyiuop, master minded, kauto, Denman, and perhaps my favourite of all Big Bucks. It is the end of an era as such and a bit of respect and thankfulness should be given to the great moments that both have given us all for the last decade!![/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with you kiers my sentiments on them,not the most likeable but what they acheived together was incredible to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Bryan cooper would be the scoop if nicholls could get him over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Townend must be disgusted. He'll be playing 2nd fiddle 7 days a week now

Probably playing the long game however

Nicholls says they'll continue to use Ruby in future and Andy Stewart has came out and refused to confirm whether Jacob will ride Big Bucks if he makes it back to the track.

Basically, Ruby will be riding all Mullins horses and Big Bucks! Nice arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

Townend must be disgusted. He'll be playing 2nd fiddle 7 days a week now

Probably playing the long game however

He'll be waiting 10 yr's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

you are talking about the end of an era here. The greatest NH partnership bar none and all You read on here is how the are a pair of horrible cnuts. For what it's worth the old adage of you should never meet your heroes is very true. You didn't have to like them to make money backing them! Not much use in backing a nice jockey that wins fcuk all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

UrbanFret wrote: »
    The greatest NH partnership bar none

Not a patch on Dreaper and Taaffe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Not a patch on Dreaper and Taaffe.
    sadly before my time but I can't imagine pat taffe was anywhere near as good as ruby as a jockey, Tom dreaper? Now that's another matter altogether.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

The claim of wanting to be closer to his family is utter rubbish from ruby. Nicholls has an awful string of horses at ditcheat nowadays & ruby isn't going to ride horses that will be finishing behind horses of McCain & Henderson. Sadly for racing fans Nicholls just hasn't got the same calibre of animals as he did 3 or 4 years ago.

When was the last time Nicholls had a horse to get truly excited over?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

The worlds greatest trainer has worked his magic again and got the most gifted rider of all time to ride the stable flying machines all of the time :cool:

Mark my words Daryl Jacob wont last a year there as number 1 jockey he will be found out as very average very soon dont care if he won a national he's no good,

#WPM1
    #RW1
    #PT2 = dream team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

A lot of annoying rubbish in this thread.

Just because Nicholls major superstars all came together and are now retiring together doesnt mean he is finished. He will get new horses and will win more festival grade ones and trainers titles.

Who gives a **** how nice him and Ruby are, they have produced some of the best horses and rides of the past 10 years together and it was always a partnership to be feared. It is the end of an era and I certainly will miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mickm1986

well said mdwexford!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Its common knowledge to everyone in racing that Ruby is a p...k,know of a small lad that went up to him looking for an autograph and Ruby cleared him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Its common knowledge to everyone in racing that Ruby is a p...k,know of a small lad that went up to him looking for an autograph and Ruby cleared him.

Ah give us more details for pity's sake. How did ruby clear him? Did he put his hand in the kids face & shove him into the dirt? Did he lash him across the arras with his whip & yell be gone pest? Did he tell him to go back to his dad and he'd do it for 50 quid?
    Any other ruby tittle tattle you can give us? Are you in racing yourself btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A little off topic but can anyone tell me when was the last time Ruby picked up a ban in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

A little off topic but can anyone tell me when was the last time Ruby picked up a ban in Ireland?

think he got a one day one for overusing the whip at Leopardstown at Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Since 22nd May , Ruby has 5 winners for Mullins , a decent strike rate .

And Mullins has 5 winners since 22nd May .

And the common denominator is of course Ruby .

In the same period PW and Townend drew blanks for WP .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement