Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your 13 for RWC 2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Madigan yet. He's a genuine play maker, aggressive in attack and if he's put into space or if he sees a half gap he'll burst through it. He has lovely hands also, I was very impressed with some of his soft touches against Italy. I haven't seen enough of him at 12 but I well prefer him at 10. It's pretty unrealistic to see him at 13 now that SexBomb is gone but for games against Treviso, Marsh could get a shot at 10 with MadDog at 13.

No square pegs in round holes please. People seem to be trying hard to find somewhere to fit Madigan in the Ireland team.

He's a 10, he should play 10 for Ireland. Leinster are free to experiment with him as they see fit, but Ireland have more options in the centre than Leinster and shouldn't have to resort to playing an out half there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

O Driscoll will hopefully be there next year so its still a fair bit off this decision. Like Olding this year we don't know who will make huge strides next year.
    Marshall: Looks a very good player. Haven't seen much of him at 13 but his skills have him down as more than just a battering ram 12.
    Olding: although not as strong seems to me to be more of a footballer than Marshall with a wider skill set. I think he'd be better suited than Marshall.
    McSherry: Again haven't seen a lot of him but appeared quite solid defensively. Maybe not as good going forward as others but he's still young.
    Cave: Never seems to really have a bad game. Not as much of a game dealer as others but he brings teammates into the game very well.
    McFadden: Really as reliable as they make them. Seems to nearly kill himself weekly for the cause (bit like Marshall). Quite physical and deceptively quick. Maybe a bit one dimensional and doesn't have others skill sets but won't let you down.
    O Malley: Been plagued by injuries the last two seasons but was/is very promising. Quick and got very good feet. Distribution and linking not the best yet but sure well see when he's back playing again.
    Fitzgerald: maybe more of a wing but can fill in at centre no bother. Big strong and with great pace and the best footwork out of them all. Also arguably the best defender with McSherry.
    Payne: haven't seen him at 13 but if it really is his first position and he's as good as he is at fullback I can't wait to see him.
    Macken: another who's had his injuries. Potentially the best going forward, big strong and very quick but is suspect in defence. Gametime at leinster will reveal what he's made of.

In my opinion if nothing changes and all are fit at the moment its between Payne and Fitzgerald for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Henshaw will be 13 by then,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Payne is probably the best player but may not get any game time for Ulster, I think the 2015 RWC will come too soon for Henshaw to establish himself at centre for Connacht and force his way into the national team, O'Malley's worst enemy is his own body and I really think McFadden is best on the wing. If no-one else emerges, then Cave gets the nod and he should be the first in the queue over the next year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

awec wrote: »
    No square pegs in round holes please. People seem to be trying hard to find somewhere to fit Madigan in the Ireland team.

He's a 10, he should play 10 for Ireland. Leinster are free to experiment with him as they see fit, but Ireland have more options in the centre than Leinster and shouldn't have to resort to playing an out half there.

I totally agree ..apart from Luke Marshall or Stuart Olding or JJ of course........:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement