Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys 5th album

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I'll never forget, my 1st ever gig was AM in the O2 during their Humbug tour when I was like 15 and was utterly obsessed with them. They opened with Dance Little Liar and had these white lights pointing out to the crowd and you could just see their silhouettes behind the lights. Then when they went into the insane riff at the end of Dance Little Liar, it totally blew me a way. Still gives me shudders, I wonder is it on youtube somewhere...shall go have a look!

Edit: Found it, well worth the watch :D They go straight into Brianstorm after, it's madness!

I was at this myself, Eagles of Death Metal were supporting them. Not my favourite of all the gig's they played in Ireland. Still think Oxygen 06 and Malahide gigs top it, but it was a very good gig. The Crowd weren't the best to be fair at the gig, you could see many were not digging the Humbug stuff. It's great to see that many have taken to the album a lot more now. But it's probably the most underrated gig they've done really.

New Music Video For Arabella. Warning Naked women in Video ;)
    Interesting fact the talking at the beginning and End are a man describing his feelings of taking L.S.D.

Very Cool. Love this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,160 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Cool video. Is there a new B side too?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Cool video. Is there a new B side too?

No word yet. Probably hear that a week or two before the single is released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I only got into this album recently. It's great. I thought they had completely fallen off. I loved their first album, I was obsessed over night. The second was as okay but then Humbug and the other one were absolutely awful. Great to see them putting out good stuff again.

• Advertisement

Grimebox wrote: »
    I only got into this album recently. It's great. I thought they had completely fallen off. I loved their first album, I was obsessed over night. The second was as okay but then Humbug and the other one were absolutely awful. Great to see them putting out good stuff again.

Good to see you like the new album. Although I have to disagree with you on saying Humbug and SIAS are awful, you are so wrong. Both totally underrated albums that don't get enough love.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Looper007 wrote: »
    Good to see you like the new album. Although I have to disagree with you on saying Humbug and SIAS are awful, you are so wrong. Both totally underrated albums that don't get enough love.

I'd have to agree, although initially I didn't like Humbug but after a few listens I can safely say it's a cracker! I thought SIAS was a good album from the off, particularly the first half of the album (which features my preferred songs from the album) but I've listened to the second half more and more and I really enjoy it. "That's Were You're Wrong" is a dinger a track!

I must have listened to Humbug around 5 times from start to finish when it first came out. Crying Lightning is the only song off that album that I'd listen to today. I must admit that I never really gave SIAS a chance after it seemed like they were on the decline

I think Dance Little Liar is probably my favourite arctic monkeys song. Such a shame they don't play it live anymore. The humbug stuff is such a different sound to the way they are now though, it might not really fit in with the rest of the setlist. Although they still play crying lightening which definitely has the dark nighmareish vibe that personified that album.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭Tim Riggins

love AM. work of art

• Advertisement

New video for Snap Out Of It

I don't really get it tbh??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The videos for this album have been mostly awful to be honest.

The ones for Arabella and Do I wanna Know are cool I think.

Corholio wrote: »
    The videos for this album have been mostly awful to be honest.

Sorry have to disagree with you Corholio

Do I wanna Know, Why'd you only call me when you're high and Arabella were excellent videos.

I liked One for the road and Snap out of it too.

Never understand the hate some of them get.

I go ad far to say most of their videos are a bit odd from day one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The video for Cornerstone is absolutely hilarious :P The one for Leave Before The Lights Come On is actually a cool kind of story.

Advertisement