Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SteamGifts Boards.ie private group (No Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Skerries wrote: »
    I got the Half Life complete before when I entered the code from an old boxed copy of Gunman Chronicles but I think it also works with other boxed copies like Blue Shift or Opposing Force

Yep,I got mine ages ago from an old original HL1 disc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

signature.png

Won by TarAldarion

signature.png

Won by nesf

signature.png

Won by Brainiac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Whats the thoughts on entering giveaways such as the half life complete giveaway there, even if you have most/half or the games in the collection, but not them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Falthyron wrote: »
    Some how I was given 3x CD-keys for this :P

So, on top of the previous one above, I have two more here:

signature.png

This one closes tomorrow, though! Give more people a chance :)

SasQuatch76 and Enter1701 were the winners :) Keys sent via email. Enjoy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Whats the thoughts on entering giveaways such as the half life complete giveaway there, even if you have most/half or the games in the collection, but not them all?
    I have about half of them but wouldn't enter as I think it's a bit unfair on whoever enters that doesn't have any or for the giver as its a waste of half their giveaway. Really unless you have none of them entering is just taking the piss and I'd advise who ever is doing the give away to check the winners account to make sure they don't have some of them, if they do re-roll. But thats just my opinion. I generally only enter if there's a game there I really want ,that I don't have.

• Advertisement

Meatwad wrote: »
    I have about half of them but wouldn't enter as I think it's a bit unfair on whoever enters that doesn't have any or for the giver as its a waste of half their giveaway. Really unless you have none of them entering is just taking the piss and I'd advise who ever is doing the give away to check the winners account to make sure they don't have some of them, if they do re-roll. But thats just my opinion. I generally only enter if there's a game there I really want ,that I don't have.

Yeah was thinking the same myself. Its a bit unfair to others if you have at least half of the games in the collection, since when you redeem the collection, all the games that you already have will disappear, but looking at the 4 entries there, only one member has no half-life games. One member who entered the giveaway, who you can check for yourself, has every single half life game (I think it was 8 games), including the multiplayer games etc., bar the first half life, yet still entered. Really? Come on mate, have a bit of common sense. Thats the kind of stuff that goes on in public giveaways.

Im guessing some people are just entering everything they can. People cant resist a free game ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I've got no Half-Life games... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I've got no Half-Life games... :o

Go forth and win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Falthyron wrote: »
    SasQuatch76 and Enter1701 were the winners :) Keys sent via email. Enjoy! :)

Thanks! Marked as received. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I think you can be banned on steamgifts if you enter giveaways for collections in which you have most of the games already, since people can just pocket the collection in their private inventory and trade it later for whatever they want, and you can't really tell if its been redeemed or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Obviously it'd be preferable if someone won that had none of the HL games in that bundle, but I won't begrudge someone if they only have one or two of the games. Once they aren't entering cause there's only one game in the bundle they don't have or something like that I don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Technically , the Steamgifts rules state "Don't enter for games you already have " , but when it comes to packs containing more than 5 games the person giving it away often says something like " It's ok to enter if you own one of the games ".

If in doubt , don't enter .

I know I'd be annoyed if there was a pack I really wanted to win , and someone who owned more than 50% of the games in the pack won .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Jernal wrote: »
    Interesting experiment to see who on steam doesn't have Half-Life. :D
    Embarrassed to say the only valve game i have played is portal, which ended in a fury when i got stuck! Really have to give it another go now that i have calmed down, two years later...

Angron wrote: »
    Obviously it'd be preferable if someone won that had none of the HL games in that bundle, but I won't begrudge someone if they only have one or two of the games. Once they aren't entering cause there's only one game in the bundle they don't have or something like that I don't mind.

oh I agree, one or two from a collection of like 10 games is fine, but its poor form when there are people entering who already have like all the half life 2 games, episodes and multiplayer games, and the multiplayer source games from the the first half life. Your only missing out on one game, which is the first half life, which is about €1.50 on the steam store right now.

I still think it would be mightily annoying if someone who won had most of the games in the bundle, then went on to redeem the collection only to add one or two games to their collection, and the others which they already have are lost, compared to someone winning who had none of the games and adding like 10 games to their collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Embarrassed to say the only valve game i have played is portal, which ended in a fury when i got stuck! Really have to give it another go now that i have calmed down, two years later...
    never played them either. Might pick em up in the sale, but never really seemed like my kind of game,even do I do like puzzles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Meatwad wrote: »
    never played them either. Might pick em up in the sale, but never really seemed like my kind of game,even do I do like puzzles

The second one's single player is more like an action game IMO, but the multiplayer co-op is immense fun. Also I think portal 2 has custom maps on the workshop. Might get it in the summer sale (hopefully it will be sub €5):D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Angron wrote: »
    signature.png

For $20+ contributors, ends Saturday at noon.

Oh i've removed entry, I just wanted all the half life 1 games, didnt know the halflife 2 stuff was included, have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭moonboy52

moonboy52 wrote: »

signature.png

Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid Key even though the giveaway says it is just Super Meat Boy

$10.00 Contribution

Winner enter1701

E-mail sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Lu Tze wrote: »

Me too. But I suck giant donkey balls at FPS games, so as much as I'd like to give Half Life a go, I just know I'd be stuck within an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Get Sven Co-op and play through the campaign with a friend or two. Two brains and two guns are better than one!
    http://www.svencoop.com/

I think you need to set-up a dedicated server and/or open ports on your router, to have a private game, just to let you know as it's not click and play. Very easy to join any existing servers though and there's probably a few still running.

• Advertisement

Just a reminder that Miss Croft will be going home with one of you today.

signature.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i didn't win, refreshed like a mofo :pac: congrats to anonymous winner!

Just a reminder that Miss Croft will be going home with one of you today.

signature.png

Congrats deano546.

891245_congratulation-you-are-a-winrar_620.jpg

The code is on it's way via email, please mark as received when you can.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Congrats deano546.

891245_congratulation-you-are-a-winrar_620.jpg

The code is on it's way via email, please mark as received when you can.

Enjoy!

Wow, thanks so much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

moonboy52 wrote: »

signature.png

$10.00 Contribution giveaway

Could someone explain what the contribution giveaway is please?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

gufc21 wrote: »
    Could someone explain what the contribution giveaway is please?

You need to have contributed that amount to be eligible to enter the giveaway. If you check your profile on steamgifts it will tell you your contribution value so far.

Axwell wrote: »
    You need to have contributed that amount to be eligible to enter the giveaway. If you check your profile on steamgifts it will tell you your contribution value so far.

Like you have to donate that much in cash or just the value of the games you contributed at the time you put them up. I haven't actually started this but have a few copy's of total war games to give away. I have a hard copy of shogun 2, I can still just pass on the key for that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Like you have to donate that much in cash or just the value of the games you contributed at the time you put them up. I haven't actually started this but have a few copy's of total war games to give away. I have a hard copy of shogun 2, I can still just pass on the key for that right?

It's the value of the games you contribute.If the Total War key wasn't registered it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

A dollar amount is assigned to each giveaway you create and finish. Any giveaways for games found in bundle deals from Humble Bundle or whoever only give a % and can't give you anything over $30 in contributions total on your account.

If you gave away the key for shogun 2 you should be awarded a decent amount in terms of having contributed.

• Advertisement

Hey can I join group please http://steamcommunity.com/id/emeraldwarrior/

Advertisement