Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would You Rather Go Naked Than Wear Abercrombie?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

is this like one of those trick questions kids ask each other when younger " are you a gay running through a field or a gay on the loose?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Its cool to not like A&F, dont drink in starbucks etc.
    Who gives a supersonic flying fuk what other people do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Never worn A&F, but of course I'd wear them rather than go naked. Though I would try and wear the top inside out, so no-one could see what it was ... :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭asdfg!

Never wear their stuff, although annoyingly for you antis out there I can afford their products. Oh Gawd, the guilt I suffer............well I'm joking.

The reality is that like most people I don't care. I wear Dunnes stuff and Penneys but frankly it's junk. Better off buying things from the rip off merchants. It bloody lasts forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dizzicizzi

Seriously... This was the best marketing strategy ever! A+F are everywhere now getting so much free press! Even the well known TV chat show sensation Ellen was talking about it on her show.

All they need to do now is issue a public apology, release the new range of "plus size" clothing they had probably already decided to release and voila, they have a whole bank of new customers that never even knew they existed before this scandal farce!

No company CEO is stupid enough to make such a huge mistake without there being a reason!

Definitely naked though... Free and easy, let it all hang out! :P

Anyway, I don't need A+F clothes because my mom thinks I'm cool! *giggle-snort*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

A&F and Hollister are currently among the most counterfeited brands around. Their day will pass though. Rather have an Apple Crumble & Fish t-shirt myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I did a Google image search to see what their clothes look like but all I found on the first couple of pages was adverts with half naked men. If their clothes are so good why don't the models in their ads wear them?

I eventually found a picture of a t-shirt. It looks like something you would see in Heatons. It didn't look bad, but it didn't look like anything special either. I found another t-shirt that looked like you'd need to wear a corset to fit into it. I don't see the appeal really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I don't wear branded clothes, but i would like to see other people naked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

In fairness, their hoodies are quite comfy and would keep you warm in cold weather. But, I'd only buy the stuff in the U.S. Wouldn't bother buying it here.

I wouldn't bother buying anything else from them, honestly.

opti0nal wrote: »
    Wearing heavily branded stuff and conforming to fashion stereotypes is playing safe and sticking to the herd.

Sad, really.

Why?

What's so great about going out of your way to be different just for the sake of being different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

What's so great about going out of your way to be different just for the sake of being different.

Anyone who has to TRY to be "different" is no better than the rest of us.

Being different is a very very rare thing...there are those who TRY and look in my opinion out of place and there are those who just ooze it born with it and it shows. So message don't try to be something you are not to be different or to fit in be what comes natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Yes, when the weather is good, otherwise an Aran sweater and a nice pair of a mechanics overalls!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

ITT: Hipsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

yeayeayea wrote: »
    I would rather cut my balls off with a rusty hacksaw then wear Abercrombie clothes.

One of those times when the difference between then and than is very important ;)

One of those times when the difference between then and than is very important

lol Didn't notice that ..very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I'm already naked. What should I do OP?

Give out by private message.............. your telephone number to all those who thanked you. Thirteen so far, lucky for some but I'm sure you will get some more!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Hmm the choice between Abercrombie and public nakedness. Pass me the chinos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Abercrombie make some nice clothes, and they target these clothes at a certain demographic and do it successfully, like many companies do, just they had the balls to say it, jesus christ would ye get over yerselves, self-righteous tools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I don't see what the fuss is about. The price and size restrictions mean that they will not be worn by fatties or pikeys anyway. Same can be said about all the good stuff. I've never seen a Prada dress or Armani suit that would be easily affordable to most people with salaries let alone without and they don't cater for fat people either. Are they to be labelled as 'trampist' and 'sizeist' too? I know that A & F are only high street and most of us can afford them. Not sure how he can stop the 'uglies' from wearing them though...
    What is the problem here? Why the hate campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Just spotted today in Stephen's Centre, fair play to them:

http://www.joe.ie/style/style-news/irish-retailer-sticks-it-to-abercrombie-and-fitch-0037935-1
    Irish retailer sticks it to Abercrombie and Fitch

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

SV wrote: »
    I have a checkered shirt I bought in penneys for a tenner, my housemate took it off the line thinking it was his hollister one that he bought for 55 euro. Something not quite right there.

Riiiight yeah, but people that don't like Abercombie or the likes must have rags for clothes. Like ya said.
    I was referring to Hollister there actually but I view Abercombie and them as one in the same.

and ok, fair enough, but I don't see why you'd willingly go and pay 25-30 euro for one just because it has the logo of some pretentious brand on it.
    If you really think the only difference between bargain clothing and premium clothing is the badge then more fool you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Rather go naked?! :o surely some of that stuff can be manipulated to look like no brand regular clothing? Not that I am condoning it...

what I absolutely will go naked ahead of is sports apparel, makes me look like a insta-bum instead of sporty young buck for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

sweat shops in asia produce many top brands anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

I just saw that comment about unpopular people and fat people who aren't meant to wear A&F. Personally, I think it was nothing more than a publicity stunt by somebody who is selling a stereotype to yuppies, who are probably naive enough to believe it :rolleyes:

As I said before, I think the hoodies are nice and comfy in cold weather. But, that's about it. I don't see anything else (t-shirts, etc) that would take my fancy. Would rather go to H&M or somewhere else.

[QUOTEJust spotted today in Stephen's Centre, fair play to them:

http://www.joe.ie/style/style-news/i...itch-0037935-1

Quote:

Irish retailer sticks it to Abercrombie and Fitch
    ][/QUOTE]

Pleeeeaaaasssseeeeee stick it to them my arse..... "OH YEAH I WON'T LET THOSE BAD BOYS WIN....tsk

Mearly doing marketing same as most shops. Im sure they didn't get up of a morning and say today we fight for the larger person.

Fighting to get people in the door and money in pocket..simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I think this is genius :D

The exclusivity thing is absolutely ridiculous and juvenile - the 'cool kids' comment had me laughing my ass off. How f*cking pathetic. Loved that video. Thanks for posting it :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

In all honesty, from what I've seen of A+F, they only make the style of clothes that I would only ever wear around the house, when cleaning or gardening. I don't think I'd wear clothes like that in public.

In light of that, I've no problem cleaning in the nip. Naked it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

As if "Clothing Propaganda" are standing up for the non beautiful people. They are a business just like A+F and their clothes are similarly priced.

Their XL - XXXL stuff has been on sale for ages now, I go in there for a browse quite a bit.

Also, it was nice of the good people at Joe.ie to do their research. The name of the shop is COUNTER Propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I wish I could afford to buy their stuff. I wouldn't, but I'd like to be able to :(

They can derelict my balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Thomasmartin

Abercrombie are overrated and overpriced. In pretty sure they stock the same shirt I bought there 3 years ago

Advertisement