Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my mate racist ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

OP's friend has the ill-informed notion that said girls are more likely to have contracted HIV/AIDS

I'd wager good money on this, because I've heard people talking that kind of rubbish before :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Schnitzel Muncher

weemcd wrote: »
    OP's friend has the ill-informed notion that said girls are more likely to have contracted HIV/AIDS

I'd wager good money on this, because I've heard people talking that kind of rubbish before :/

Are the HIV/AIDS infection rates the same here as they are in Africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Festy wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the size of his wang.

Basically he just thinks women who go off with a black blokes are damaged goods and tainted.

Your mate thinks women who go off with black blokes are damaged goods and tainted and you're asking if he's a racist? Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Lad I know scored a black girl when we were all out a few years ago. Great session. He woke up in a mad panic the next day. Made calls to get an aids test asap. He openly said it was because of her race.

c_man wrote: »
    Lad I know scored a black girl when we were all out a few years ago. Great session. He woke up in a mad panic the next day. Made calls to get an aids test asap. He openly said it was because of her race.

Was he negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

i remember it as tiger as well:D

Tiger woods perhaps !!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

He's racist and desperately insecure about his dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Black man calls a white person a cracker - Nothing said

White man calls a black person the N word - Racist,batsard,scumbag...etc

:rolleyes:
    Nah man, we are called a blood clot man. we white pinkoshady little fellers are called blood-clot, wake to the times man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Black man calls a white person a cracker - Nothing said

White man calls a black person the N word - Racist,batsard,scumbag...etc

:rolleyes:
    .."cracker" doesn't quite have the same history attached to it as the "N word" does infairness

wprathead wrote: »
    .."cracker" doesn't quite have the same history attached to it as the "N word" does infairness

What has 'history' got to do with it? And are blacks exempt from this 'history' when they use the term? These being blacks who weren't alive during this 'history'.

Nazi has worse history associated with it, but that doesn't stop it appearing in numerous threads here every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Phoebas wrote: »
    I dunno. The smell of troll and the smell of racist are very similar.

And the smell of both is overpowering in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

What has 'history' got to do with it? [...]

The fact that it was predominantly used by rich whites in the northern states of the US to refer to poorer whites in the southern states.

So... it's historically been used by white people against other white people.

Hence not the same kind of meaning as "******".

twinQuins wrote: »
    The fact that it was predominantly used by rich whites in the northern states of the US to refer to poorer whites in the southern states.

So... it's historically been used by white people against other white people.

Hence not the same kind of meaning as "******".

So it is offensive to whites. Is this a reverse racism thing? Only whites can be racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Are the HIV/AIDS infection rates the same here as they are in Africa?

How would I know. You are connected to the internet going by the post, look it up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

c_man wrote: »
    Jeez, eugenics much?

We need integration man, before we all turn into spuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Was he negative?

No, very outgoing guy apparently. ;)

How would I know. You are connected to the internet going by the post, look it up :rolleyes:

It was rhetorical. The rates are higher.

Not clear from your post if the girl was African or not, we also don't know if your friend used a condom or not, or what activities they engaged in, be it anal, oral, aural etc.

So it is offensive to whites. Is this a reverse racism thing? Only whites can be racist?

It's a classist term that isn't even used that much nowadays.

• Advertisement

twinQuins wrote: »
    It's a classist term that isn't even used that much nowadays.

That's your opinion. Others may not agree.

For the record, the 'N word' isn't used that much nowadays either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Coming soon on AH:

My dog won't chase black cats - is he racist?
    Most of Africa has never seen snow - is snow racist?
    Yore ma only has white kids - outrageous racist!
    and
    Racist racist racist racist racist racist racist????"!!!1111!":::????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

That record is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

For the record, the 'N word' isn't used that much nowadays eitherQUOTE]

Not so much here,but it was a word very much in use in the area I lived in,in Chicago,so much so that it was used instead of black/African American.Even when I used A.A., I was repremanded and told that"we call them n1ggers here",found a lot of it too on Long Island NY,but never as much as in Chicago,didn't hear it once in texas though

Opinion doesn't come into it. 'Cracker' was used as a pejorative against poor whites, you can check the etymology and history of the word yourself and you'll see. It may be adopted as a general pejorative against whites now but it still lacks the long history '******' does as a pejorative by one race against another.

Whether you believe the words hold equal weight is a matter of opinion but you can't say they have the same history as they simply don't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

Some nonscence talk here... 1 who cares..? 2 what business is it of yours who he dates. 3. Someone's automaticly racist because they don't want to go with a person of different colour..? You'd obviously don't know too many coloured folks.. White people tend to go with other colours of folks more than the other way round..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

zenno wrote: »
    Nothing damaged there.

The black Irish as we were called in the day...

Realistically speaking though, we cannot keep this interbreeding scenario going on in this tiny Island any longer, we need interaction directly with the worlds genetics of all colours and countries citizens and mix it all up like a milkshake, and then you have perfection.

The term Black Irish originates from people around Galway having Spanish features. It's a myth that it originates from us once being treated as "the blacks of Europe"; which is another myth we pretty much created ourselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

Correct, Also unless your stupid and don't understand anything, we're all from the same place origionally anyway.. Namely we all have a coloured or white person in us somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

jimeryan22 wrote: »
    Correct, Also unless your stupid and don't understand anything, we're all from the same place origionally anyway.. Namely we all have a coloured or white person in us somewhere

Are you sayin I'm fat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

jimeryan22 wrote: »
    White people tend to go with other colours of folks more than the other way round..
    :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement