Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Wexford 2 Day August 17th -18th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

I know the A1 only race was a late introduction, but just out of interest, why have you decided to run A1, A2/3/jun and A4 races?

The A3 national champs are on the same weekend, but had it been run as A1/2, A3/jun and A4 races I'd imagine you'd have been inundated with entries at all levels? With the loss of the Mullingar 2-day there is a huge opening for an A3/jun stage race! There are plenty of A2/3 stage races already on the calendar.

I'm sure you've considered this already, and apologies if you've already posted it in the thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

colm_gti wrote: »
    I know the A1 only race was a late introduction, but just out of interest, why have you decided to run A1, A2/3/jun and A4 races?

The A3 national champs are on the same weekend, but had it been run as A1/2, A3/jun and A4 races I'd imagine you'd have been inundated with entries at all levels? With the loss of the Mullingar 2-day there is a huge opening for an A3/jun stage race! There are plenty of A2/3 stage races already on the calendar.

I'm sure you've considered this already, and apologies if you've already posted it in the thread...

Hi Colm, tis all in the thread......

originally we went A2 A3 and A4. then later added A1. Hence the A2 A 3 was already tied down and the A4

almost 14, 000 hits wopping thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Any sign of an entry list for the A2/A3 race yet Michael ?

I can mail but it si not complete yet. still entering . send tonight but be aware tis not complete .

almost 200 riders............flumuxed.......

• Advertisement

michael196 wrote: »
    I can mail but it si not complete yet. still entering . send tonight but be aware tis not complete .

almost 200 riders............flumuxed.......

No panic Michael sure wait till its ready .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭crf450

Why has a2/a3 race being shortened to 60 km it's a stage race the goery this year was 130 km stage 1,its far to short and last stage only 80km???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭RockWerchter

crf450 wrote: »
    Why has a2/a3 race being shortened to 60 km it's a stage race the goery this year was 130 km stage 1,its far to short and last stage only 80km???

It's not, it's wrong on stickybottle

It's not, it's wrong on stickybottle

My bad, thats good to hear 60 km was to short

stickk wrote the details down form a telephone concversation

corrections going through

• Advertisement

Correct text submitted is :

The combined A2 and A3 event begins on Saturday with a 80 km road stage followed by a 4km TT that evening and an 110 km road stage on Sunday.
    The details of the A4 race are 66 K for stage 1 and 80 K for stage 3

The women’s race is a one-day event, on Saturday, and takes the form of a 66km road race.

submitted to SB for corrections

Correct text submitted is :

The combined A2 and A3 event begins on Saturday with a 80 km road stage followed by a 4km TT that evening and an 110 km road stage on Sunday.
    The details of the A4 race are 66 K for stage 1 and 80 K for stage 3

The women’s race is a one-day event, on Saturday, and takes the form of a 66km road race.

submitted to SB for corrections

Fair play to ya Michael for all the info comming up to the race and organising the event it's people like u and wav1 putting on these races for everyone that keeps cycling scene going

Fair play to ya Michael for all the info comming up to the race and organising the event it's people like u and wav1 putting on these races for everyone that keeps cycling scene going

thank u crf450. Nice to get a thank you once in a while !!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 taddles

Hi Michael,

First of all well done on organising and all the hard work, great to get the email updates as well the last few weeks.

Just wondering what the order of the day is on saturday, I know sign on is at Camross Hall. what time will the time tiral start and which category will be off first etc?

Stage 1
    Saturday Sign on : Camross Hall from 9 am
    First race off : 12:00 pm
    Stage 1: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1140140

22 K circuit, three times for A4, 4 times for A2/A3

Stage 2
    Saturday Evening Sign on : Larkins Cross From 4 pm
    First off 5:00 pm
    Stage 2: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2805880
    Once for everyone

Stage 3
    Sunday sign on: Camross Hall from 9 am
    First race off: 11:00 am
    Stage 3: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2705401

Figure of 8 circuit. 37 K long. twice for A4 three times for A2/A3

A1 off first the A2/A3 then A4: for saturday add Ladies after A4

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Eoin_Morton

Free ice cream, I'm sold! Might be worth offering a2s on the waiting list a place in the A1 race, as this is the only race in Leinster this weekend, it would be nice to give a2s the chance to race close to home.

I know it's been said about a billion times on the thread but hats off Michael, without people like yourself no races would ever go ahead!

Free ice cream, I'm sold! Might be worth offering a2s on the waiting list a place in the A1 race, as this is the only race in Leinster this weekend, it would be nice to give a2s the chance to race close to home.

I know it's been said about a billion times on the thread but hats off Michael, without people like yourself no races would ever go ahead!

Dont thank me :

I must say hats off to Stafford Wholesale Wexford:

http://www.staffordwholesale.ie/history.html

without whom this event would not be a patch on what this race has become.

The title sponsor Michael Stafford is a member of Wexford Wheelers and challenged the club to be as professional as we could be for the event.

Most of the professional presentation, including the advertising material ,and the professionally commissioned poster, were all the independent work of Stafford Wholesale.

County Wexford is Lucky to have such a prestigious sponsor willing to put up, and put shoulder to wheel literally to bring you this race.

I am just the co-ordinator in all this preparation. Having such a strong and supportive Sponsor is an absolute bonus to the race.

Without Stafford Wholesale, we could not bring you, this weekends experience.

To any of you following this incredible thread, if this is year one of a Stafford Wholesale put together on about 6 weeks preparation, can you imagine what will be in place for 2014?

Stafford Wholesale and I ,have already chalked the constraints, of this years route, and set up and plan to eliminate these for 2014.

Don’t thank me. Thank Stafford Wholesale.

Thank you for the support Eoin. U were flying in Mondello Last night !!. I think I would be linched again if I were to mix in A2 with A1 ( rather than the other way around.

this is juts the way the race evolved , being a2/a3 and a4 initially . We will get it straight A1/A2 A3/ A4 for 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Michael, what will the running order of the TT be - by sign on or other? It would be good to tie down how early/or late it's likely people will be able to get back to wherever they're going on Saturday evening.

Are we bringing our own numbers?

Plastik wrote: »
    Michael, what will the running order of the TT be - by sign on or other? It would be good to tie down how early/or late it's likely people will be able to get back to wherever they're going on Saturday evening.

Are we bringing our own numbers?

we will be calling by groups, and this will be advised by saturday

thats a detail we have to work out, whatever way the paper organisiation works best for us.

by race number is the most logical

we will also then be able to allocate time windows so u wont be hanging around unnecesarily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

/\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

by race number is the most logical

we will also then be able to allocate time windows so u wont be hanging around unnecesarily

Michael,
    They did the TT by Race Number in Ras Donegal and it worked out very well. Everyone new their start time well in advance. If you do it on time position then you will need to post out GC information on the day (at HQ and on internet) fairy soon after stage 1 which is not always easy. Just MHO.

Is stage 3 as tough as it looks on RideGPS?

boege wrote: »
    Michael,
    They did the TT by Race Number in Ras Donegal and it worked out very well. Everyone new their start time well in advance. If you do it on time position then you will need to post out GC information on the day (at HQ and on internet) fairy soon after stage 1 which is not always easy. Just MHO.

Is stage 3 as tough as it looks on RideGPS?

dont underestimate stage 3.

The TT is not the toughest IMO

race number looks most logical .

dont underestimate stage 3.

The TT is not the toughest IMO

race number looks most logical .

Every TT is very hard if you want to win it!

Every TT is very hard if you want to win it!

It'll be easy enough so !

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭smurphy29

Anyone with local knowledge able to recommend a decent eatery for saturday night in the area? Needless to say the emphasis should be on nourishment and decent flavour e.g. Italian that will serve large bowls of delicious pasta.

smurphy29 wrote: »
    Anyone with local knowledge able to recommend a decent eatery for saturday night in the area? Needless to say the emphasis should be on nourishment and decent flavour e.g. Italian that will serve large bowls of delicious pasta.

La dolce vita or Opera in Wexford town would be good.

River bank hotel, ( accross the bridge, great locations) casual dining .

talbot hotel , whites etc . We could contact and ask for a special pasta dish for the race

maldron hotel restaurant are also doing pasta dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

I hate to disagree with EVERYONE on nourishment for cycling but I will be looking for a big steak, some spuds and lots of veg on Saturday night. Chicken pasta yuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Pawlie

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    I hate to disagree with EVERYONE on nourishment for cycling but I will be looking for a big steak, some spuds and lots of veg on Saturday night. Chicken pasta yuck.
    and a few large bottles to wash the steak down with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The pasta dish in the Talbot is really pretty good, changes every night but they have it down to a tee. However it is always vegetarian, so possibly not ideal.

The pasta dish in the Talbot is really pretty good, changes every night but they have it down to a tee. However it is always vegetarian, so possibly not ideal.
    You lost me at 'vegetarian'...

Slo_Rida wrote: »

I did specifically say 'delicious pasta' :)...

smurphy29 wrote: »
    You lost me at 'vegetarian'...

If it works for Dave Zabriskie then that's good enough for me! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

In wexford town, The Yard is a nice restaurant. If you like Thai food The Vine is exceptional. If you head out of town in a southerly direction there are some other great restaurants. One looks like a really dismal bar/lounge but I cannot remember its name, will post it when I remember but it has exceptional food, it is on the right as you head out the N25 to Rosslare. Afer that, if you feel upto a drive, The Lobster Pot out at Our Ladys Island is phenomenal but it is n't cheap.

On a beer note, for anyone interested, my favourite bar is SUAS, it is above another bar (called the sky and the ground). Lots of different beers from across the world with a focus on Belgium beers.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    In wexford town, The Yard is a nice restaurant. If you like Thai food The Vine is exceptional. If you head out of town in a southerly direction there are some other great restaurants. One looks like a really dismal bar/lounge but I cannot remember its name, will post it when I remember but it has exceptional food, it is on the right as you head out the N25 to Rosslare. Afer that, if you feel upto a drive, The Lobster Pot out at Our Ladys Island is phenomenal but it is n't cheap.

On a beer note, for anyone interested, my favourite bar is SUAS, it is above another bar (called the sky and the ground). Lots of different beers from across the world with a focus on Belgium beers.

Suas is a great pub, run by an old schoolmate of mine, but I also highly recommend Simon's Place. The proprietor Simon Lambert is a good racer himself. It's a quieter spot than Sky/Suas.

River bank hotel, ( accross the bridge, great locations) casual dining .

talbot hotel , whites etc . We could contact and ask for a special pasta dish for the race

maldron hotel restaurant are also doing pasta dinner

contacted

http://www.riverbankhousehotel.com/

and the Maldron Hotel:

http://www.maldronhotelwexford.com/

to advise of this race and potential Pasta Requirement as a dinner option or as a side , for saturday evening, to complimet their existing menus.

Waiting to hear back from the Talbot hotel to confirm

http://www.talbotwexford.ie/

No books, just head there, and they wil be aware of the race.

This race feels like a very large Jumbo coming in to land at at airport runway that is only just long enough............

there is a lot of turbulance on approach .....

Bear with us, Race guide on its way

Very Proud moment, to present to you,

on behalf of Michael Stafford and Michael Noonan

Representing Stafford Wholesale and Wexford Wheelers

the Stafford Wholesale Wexford Two Day 2013 Race Guide.

Thank you to all the boardsies for keeping this thread, keeping this conversation.

Will be back soon.........

Michael, Additional Information - the race distances?

• Advertisement

page 7 8 and 9

Page 10 is inaccurate

stage 1

a1 A2 A3 88K

A4 Ladies 66K

Stage 3

A1 A2 A3 110 K

A4 80 K

Just double checking when I saw the info on page 10.

Plastik wrote: »
    Just double checking when I saw the info on page 10.

ssshhhhhh........ say nothing !!!

Could you clarify re race numbers, we hardly need CI numbers if you are supplying numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

Well done Michael and all at Wexford Wheelers for all the work and best of luck to you and all racing this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

Great to find the race book in my inbox tonight - kudos Michael, you're playing a stormer so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Is there a climbers jersey classification ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

Zipp101 wrote: »
    Is there a climbers jersey classification ?

Not according to the book.

no CI required after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Excellent work so far Michael & team.

I was wondering is there any update on ITT start times for stage 2.

Thanks for all the info and updates.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement