Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Leinster Rugby vs Glasgow Warriors, Saturday 11th May 19:35,BBCAlba/TG4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Probably not the slowest in running terms but not one of our most slickest that's for sure.

BOD and D'arcy aren't what they used to be, still very good though.
    McFadden is good but not the most creative
    Nacewa and Kearney aren't having their best seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Nacewa is back to his best I think. And Kearney has been improving a lot the last month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Jaysus I just reread my preview, it doesn't even make sense :o me fail english

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Alba doesn't have English commentary.

I read why somewhere. It's something to do with the amount of Channels BBC allocate to their regional broadcasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Ridiculous. What's the neutral supporter supposed to do? I'm sure there are many Welsh fans who want to watch this game, or English, or anyone.

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure this week it's just bad luck.

Tg4 and RTE had made their choice a while back, that RTE would show Friday night and Tg4 Saturday, I think they did before Ulster topped the table. It is a technical reason not a policy reason that Alba can't provide coverage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Getting nervous about the game now. Glasgow are a decent team & have been class all season. Their gonna put everything into this so Leinster will need to be at their 'Heineken Cup' best.

does anyone have any deets on SOB's fitness test?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

This will be an interesting game. With Leinster only beating Glasgow by an aggregate 11 points from the two games this season? As an Ulster fan id prefer to play Glasgow, but if its Leinster, we'll just have to beat them for a third time haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Getting nervous about the game now. Glasgow are a decent team & have been class all season. Their gonna put everything into this so Leinster will need to be at their 'Heineken Cup' best.

Agreed. It'll be tight, especially in this weather...we'll need to be at our best. Really looking forward to it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭PJ Maybe

I have a spare North Stand ticket for the match tonight.

If anyone would like to go and wants it send me a PM and I'll email it to you, you'll need to print it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

He's played at 10 multiple times actually

I meant to me. I don't know what he's like at 10, so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Whats the weather like in Dublin at the moment? Have a feeling this will be a pretty close game. Glasgow have been playing well this season, wouldn't be taking them too lightly but I'd imagine that Leinster will have enough to win.

Whats the weather like in Dublin at the moment? Have a feeling this will be a pretty close game. Glasgow have been playing well this season, wouldn't be taking them too lightly but I'd imagine that Leinster will have enough to win.

It's all seasons... Rain, hail, sun, hot, cold, windy... take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭bilston

This will be an interesting game. With Leinster only beating Glasgow by an aggregate 11 points from the two games this season? As an Ulster fan id prefer to play Glasgow, but if its Leinster, we'll just have to beat them for a third time haha :)

I'd rather play Leinster. We owe them after the HEC last year plus Glasgow are awkward buggers anyway so either way it will be a tough final. If the weather is mucky in Dublin tonight it could be squeaky bum time for Leinster but they should have too much class and experience to add to the home advantage.

Yeah, someone asked me who did I want to win last nights game and I said Ulster. Nothing to do with the difficulty of the opposition, but Leinster vs Scarlets for the final would be such an anti-climax! If it's an Ulster v Leinster final it'll be a cracker infront of a full house.

• Administrators Posts: 53,443 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah, someone asked me who did I want to win last nights game and I said Ulster. Nothing to do with the difficulty of the opposition, but Leinster vs Scarlets for the final would be such an anti-climax! If it's an Ulster v Leinster final it'll be a cracker infront of a full house.

I have to head up home on the night of the final for an event. Just my luck, having to go back up north when Ulster are playing in Dublin. :(

I'll totally miss the game, won't even be able to watch on TV. :(:(

I think Ulster v Glasgow would be easier to miss and less sickening, so... :p

awec wrote: »
    I have to head up home on the night of the final for an event. Just my luck, having to go back up north when Ulster are playing in Dublin. :(

I'll totally miss the game, won't even be able to watch on TV. :(:(

I think Ulster v Glasgow would be easier to miss and less sickening, so... :p

Ah in reality not going makes it easier for you, you don't have to decide who you REALLY want to support in the RDS if Leinster qualify. Sure you're as Dublin as coddle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

errlloyd wrote: »
    does anyone have any deets on SOB's fitness test?

Looks like he failed it, based on the Pro 12 Facebook page posting this as the team sheet:
    931170_626035870757891_959644645_n.jpg

Absolute confusion about what the rest of our subs were doing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

errlloyd wrote: »
    Absolute confusion about what the rest of our subs were doing...

They have to confirm who are the front row reserves. If all of them are used and yet another front row rower is substituted, then the team are reduced to 14 men.

They have to confirm who are the front row reserves. If all of them are used and yet another front row rower is substituted, then the team are reduced to 14 men.

I figured as much, it still looks a little silly to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

No sign of SOB warming up anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Tricky kicking conditions. Strong enough wind

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

.ak wrote: »
    I meant to me. I don't know what he's like at 10, so can't comment.
    decent at 10 as long as there is another kicker. I remember him going 0/6 earlier in the season, possibly against Ulster. I presume Hogg is going to goal kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Jennings and Boss absolutely critical to us tonight. Matawalu needs to be rushed, knocked into, toes stepped on at scrum time, anything to put him off his game as much as possible.

He's either the winning or losing of every game he plays in.

Anyone got an English commentary radio stream even. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

I don't know how Sean O Brien made the Lions squad. He never seems to play these days. He's nowhere near the level he was at during the 2010/2011 season. Not playing enough, it's as simple as that.

Looks like a fair gale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Conas wrote: »
    I don't know how Sean O Brien made the Lions squad. He never seems to play these days. He's nowhere near the level he was at during the 2010/2011 season. Not playing enough, it's as simple as that.

He was probably Ireland's best player in the 6 Nations

Advertisement