Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm off the beer... I'll be living drunkenly through you guys for at least the next 8 months. Do me proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm gonna stay off drink as long as I can. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just watched were the millers
    Funniest film I've seen in a while.
    Watching pain and gain now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

January?

@marty :pac:, didn't mean to try peer pressure, just delighted in my new finds :). A touch more expensive than Miller, but so very worth it. You ever hear of Ayinger? There's another called Ardinger I think? Want to find them. My Tesco only has the Czech beer I enjoyed.

We should so do a boards Oktoberfest :eek:

Oh, and just caught The Conjuring this week. Terrifying movie!!! Nearly as good as Mama :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

we are the millers is good. Pain and gain is a true story! funny in parts

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    January?

@marty :pac:, didn't mean to try peer pressure, just delighted in my new finds :). A touch more expensive than Miller, but so very worth it. You ever hear of Ayinger? There's another called Ardinger I think? Want to find them. My Tesco only has the Czech beer I enjoyed.

I'm 6 weeks pregnant FoxyVixen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    January?

:pac::pac: it's all good I can handle the peer pressure have myself a lil desert chilling in the freezer shall keep me happy no going out now to late the lads be well on there way by now :cool:.

Certainly worth the extra few euros. No never heard of Ayinger must keep and eye out for it. Ardinger maybe you mean Erdinger? Quite a popular one, you should try Hoffbrau Weisse it's tasty :).

Defo best idea ever :), I'm hoping to go over to Oktoberfest again next year one the lads is talking about booking flights in the next month or two hopefully it happens.

@January, I guessed just didn't want to state it out loud ;) congratulations missus ;) wish you all the best of health through it x

I feel so young, everyone around me is either getting pregnant or married! I still feel waaaaaaaaaaay too young for that level of commitment! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I feel so young, everyone around me is either getting pregnant or married! I still feel waaaaaaaaaaay too young for that level of commitment! :pac:
    I know far too many kids my age or younger getting pregnant, it's silly.

Angron wrote: »

Ah, pretty much every girl I know of your age has one or more children by now. One girl who was two years below me in school (she's 21-22 now) has three children and is pregnant on her fourth! :eek:

people my age are either pregnant, getting married or buying houses...I'm just here going yer 23-25 teh **** are ye thinking

I posted it a page or two back :p Asked about getting my ears pierced while pregnant haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah, pretty much every girl I know of your age has one or more children by now. One girl who was two years below me in school (she's 21-22 now) has three children and is pregnant on her fourth! :eek:
    O_O

O_O

I live in Coolock, what do you expect? I'm the only girl from my school year who hasn't had a child (or children) or an abortion.

Marty, no it was definitely beginning with "A". I know Erdinger ;) Must check back on photos. The OH is drinking Arcobrau weissbier as an alternative right now instead :) We had a respectable beer tour in Prague and came to a pub where you could order a "rack" of beer to sample the varieties. Small glasses roughly 150ml maybe more. Five samples for e5, excellent way to taste the different beers :)

Would love to go back to Munich. Knew it would be great but it surpassed my expectations. Even their retail window displays were incredible!!

Oi, what's silly... I'll have 4, I'll be 26. This is what myself and my partner have chosen. As long as people are happy with their decisions, even if it's not the same as your one (and more power to you all with no kids, if that's what you've chosen for yourselves that's brilliant) doesn't mean it's silly.

I'm 27 and this is happening to me all round. I feel old and like life is skipping me over :o

I live in Coolock, what do you expect? I'm the only girl from my school year who hasn't had a child (or children) or an abortion.

I'ma be serving a bunch of lads from there when i head to work in an hour

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Oi, what's silly... I'll have 4, I'll be 26. This is what myself and my partner have chosen. As long as people are happy with their decisions, even if it's not the same as your one (and more power to you all with no kids, if that's what you've chosen for yourselves that's brilliant) doesn't mean it's silly.

I don't think he meant people in a stable, loving relationship or marriage.

I assume he meant the spate of teenage 'accident' pregnancies, or something.

That said, I don't care who has children or not, as long as their kids are well looked after. Just makes me feel like a child because I feel too young for all of that, and I'm hitting my mid 20s! :pac:

I posted it a page or two back :p Asked about getting my ears pierced while pregnant haha

I'm playing catch up ;), not reading back the 40 odd pages I've missed tonight ;)

Arawn wrote: »
    I'ma be serving a bunch of lads from there when i head to work in an hour

Good luck. :pac:

Good luck. :pac:

ha ha they're harmless

I don't think he meant people in a stable, loving relationship or marriage.

I assume he meant the spate of teenage 'accident' pregnancies, or something.

That said, I don't care who has children or not, as long as their kids are well looked after. Just makes me feel like a child because I feel too young for all of that, and I'm hitting my mid 20s! :pac:

Ah I knew that, but still at the same time a lot of those accidental teenage pregnancies, while not ideal, turn out to be the best thing that's ever happened to some people. There's a lot of people struggling out there though... I do realise that.

I was so afraid to tell people I was pregnant on my third, I kept it a secret from everyone and when I mean everyone I never officially told my partner I was pregnant until the night before I gave birth. That's how bad I was, that I thought people would judge me for having three kids so young (despite the fact that I was in a stable relationship and my kids would all have the same father). I'm shouting it from the rooftops this time and I don't care who knows.

Um, can I be slightly rude perhaps.

How could he not know you were pregnant?

Did you not really show for the third? It's hard to picture keeping it secret for that long really.

Ah I knew that, but still at the same time a lot of those accidental teenage pregnancies, while not ideal, turn out to be the best thing that's ever happened to some people. There's a lot of people struggling out there though... I do realise that.

I was so afraid to tell people I was pregnant on my third, I kept it a secret from everyone and when I mean everyone I never officially told my partner I was pregnant until the night before I gave birth. That's how bad I was, that I thought people would judge me for having three kids so young (despite the fact that I was in a stable relationship and my kids would all have the same father). I'm shouting it from the rooftops this time and I don't care who knows.

I'm going to be honest, I've never seen any of the teenage pregnancies in my area turn out well. In every case I've seen, the kids are treated like dirt. One girl I was friends with up til very recently, has a 2 and a half year old. She can't say more than 5 words. She's not toilet trained. Mammy hits her so much that when she wants something, she hits anyone around her. Mammy can't cook, so she only feeds the kid microwave meals and bottles of milk. What made me cut contact with the mother was when she kicked her child so hard in the back that the kid fell flat on her face onto a tiled floor.

I don't see why you should be scared to tell anyone if you're pregnant. Your relationship is solid, so celebrate your pregnancies, because you come across as a great mother. :)

I'm going to be honest, I've never seen any of the teenage pregnancies in my area turn out well. In every case I've seen, the kids are treated like dirt. One girl I was friends with up til very recently, has a 2 and a half year old. She can't say more than 5 words. She's not toilet trained. Mammy hits her so much that when she wants something, she hits anyone around her. Mammy can't cook, so she only feeds the kid microwave meals and bottles of milk. What made me cut contact with the mother was when she kicked her child so hard in the back that the kid fell flat on her face onto a tiled floor.
    Wow, that's actually a little scary.

• Advertisement

Um, call the ISPCC Lyn!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement