Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oh no
    Do you want to talk about it
    Well yes, I do. Thank you for affording me the opportunity.
    I expressly wanted the lettuce because it is a good deal. There was a forlorn blank sign where the label should have been hanging. Instead the space that the lettuce should rightfully occupy was invaded by crates piled high of furrin oranges and cucumbers. I was crestfallen as I had to rework my lettuce & H2O dinner.
    It did occur to me to grab a butterhead lettuce but based on a cost benefit analysis, I calculated that it was not value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

snubbleste wrote: »
    My local Aldi had no iceberg lettuce this morning

neither had mine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

There was no Iceberg lettuce anywhere.

Availability problem I guess...

The other 5 products were in, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

snubbleste wrote:
    My local Aldi had no iceberg lettuce this morning

Ring Iverk and ask them whats going on but it may have to do with the recent wet weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Ring Iverk and ask them whats going on but it may have to do with the recent wet weather

But it was sunny all day loike....HA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 MadZoo

the icebergs melted
    :-) Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

Iceberg lettuce was in stock this morning. The broccoli didn't look very fresh though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

brian_t wrote: »
    Iceberg lettuce was in stock this morning. The broccoli didn't look very fresh though.

Broccoli isn't great anywhere lately and it's not lasting
    The amount I've thrown out recently is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Does anyone have any idea what the new meat will be tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

murphm45 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea what the new meat will be tomorrow?

Meat, poultry and fish

Mackerel fillets fresh 300g Packed in Ireland
    Chicken breasts 291g Irish
    BBQ bacon chops or sizzler a 340g/400g Irish
    Beef mince 15% fat 500g Irish
    Beef burgers 5% fat 280g Irish
    Unsmoked back bacon rashers twin pack 400g Irish

All €2

Valid thurs 19th may - wed 1st June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks, was worried we were going to be at €4 forever, will be stocking up on mackerel and rashers, those burgers are great aswell if they're the 2 in the black pack.

Thargor wrote: »
    Thanks, was worried we were going to be at €4 forever, will be stocking up on mackerel and rashers, those burgers are great aswell if they're the 2 in the black pack.

They are indeed 2 in the black pack

Had them tonight in brioche buns omg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

vicwatson wrote: »
    Had them tonight in brioche buns omg

My guess is you are not in Dublin, vicwatson?

The ones I was going for: burgers and chicken fillets: none left of either in Fonthill today around 7pm :rolleyes:

unkel wrote: »
    My guess is you are not in Dublin, vicwatson?

The ones I was going for: burgers and chicken fillets: none left of either in Fonthill today around 7pm :rolleyes:

Happens all over the country, you need to a)ask a staff member are there any in the storeroom - as sometimes they just dont repack the shelves or b) get in early if you can !

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

They must have restocked! Picked up both this evening in Fonthill no probs :)

unkel wrote: »
    They must have restocked! Picked up both this evening in Fonthill no probs :)

They always run out the first day when it's decent, people go nuts. Restock the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Any preview yet of the super 6 fruit & veg for Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Had the BBQ bacon "chops" last night. Very disappointing. Basically 4 rashers in marinade and I don't exaggerate here. Maybe I got unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭amber2

Makood wrote: »
    Had the BBQ bacon "chops" last night. Very disappointing. Basically 4 rashers in marinade and I don't exaggerate here. Maybe I got unlucky.

No you didn't get unlucky, I thought the same. 4 rashers with lots of water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Makood wrote: »

I thought they looked very rasher like so went for the bacon sizzlers. I'm a veggie but my husband and 3 boys all eat meat but they weren't impressed with these. VERY fatty. Oh well we live and learn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

et101 wrote: »
    I thought they looked very rasher like so went for the bacon sizzlers. I'm a veggie but my husband and 3 boys all eat meat but they weren't impressed with these. VERY fatty. Oh well we live and learn :(

I've bought them once before too and I thought they were awful. Couldn't be good for you!

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Any preview yet of the super 6 fruit & veg for Thursday?

Thurs 26th - Wed 8th June

6 pack kiwi
    Aubergine
    Carrot and parsnip tray 500g
    Mango
    Courgette
    Curly Kale 250g

All 49c

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thurs 26th - Wed 8th June

6 pack kiwi
    Aubergine
    Carrot and parsnip tray 500g
    Mango
    Courgette
    Curly Kale 250g

All 49c
    Not a great selection for the price, the carrot & parsnip are poor value @49cent but I will take the Kiwis Courgettes and Kale.

Have to agree Foggy, seen a lot better super 6's, still, not everyone is like us :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Well I stocked up on lettuce.
    Being a BAer, I obviously ensured I utilised the conveniently placed nearby hanging scales. Lettuce weights ranged 350g to 750g. That's quite a difference.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well I stocked up on lettuce..

Is there a secret to keeping lettuce fresh, bar flinging it in the veg drawer of the fridge? I'm lucky if I get a lettuce to last a week. Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Well I stocked up on lettuce.
    Being a BAer, I obviously ensured I utilised the conveniently placed nearby hanging scales. Lettuce weights ranged 350g to 750g. That's quite a difference.

Bigger / heavier does not always mean better :)

When it comes to lettuce it doesn't matter that much, though ( not much taste of it anyway).

As the poster below what is your recipe to keep it fresh ? I doubt it will last more than a week.

A freezer?

I usually sprinkle some cold water into the bag of lettuce and pop it in the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I normally rinse the lettuce, wrap in kitchen roll and store in an airtight container. It keeps fresh for well over a week.

Advertisement