Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Championship TV Schedule

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

I don't think it has got such a raw deal considering that it is up against fooball coverage which has a wider appeal. In Leinster they have shown Kilkenny Offaly and Wexford Dublin and by the GAA scheduling Kilkenny Dublin at the same time as Cork Clare it forced RTE to make a choice.

The Kilkenny - Dublin semi was scheduled for the same day as the Clare - Cork semi.

The time was not determined until RTE informed the GAA of which two games it was going to show that day. As they decided not to show the Kilkenny - Dublin semi, the Leinster council scheduled the game for 3.30, the standard throw in time for a game not broadcast. This was later put back to 3.50 as the minor game could have had extra time.

If RTE had picked to show both hurling matches, the Leinster semi would prob have been played at 2 with the Donegal - Down match being played at 3.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The Kilkenny - Dublin semi was scheduled for the same day as the Clare - Cork semi.

The time was not determined until RTE informed the GAA of which two games it was going to show that day.

I think RTE only had one game this weekend, Clare Cork was on TV3?

Theres an element of Harry Hindsight about it all - realistically if only one game was an option then the logical choice was the football match which on paper looked a close run thing rather than a hurling match with the potential to be an annihalation.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

Apologies. Point still stands though. RTE and TV3 had the pick of which 2 of 3 games to show. Time of the match was decided afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Apologies. Point still stands though. RTE and TV3 had the pick of which 2 of 3 games to show. Time of the match was decided afterwards.

I could be wrong (its a very difficult tv contract to figure out) but I think BBCNI are guaranteed a Sunday afternoon slot always, and TV3 as first choice this weekend were also guaranteed a prefential slot.

So therefore only 5pm Saturday or 12.30pm Sunday would have been available (theres a no-compete clause so they couldn't pick a time the other broadcaster is using).

This, and my earlier post, point to Donegal/Down being the most logical choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Phase 3 of the hurling is not on Tv according to RTE coverage. It will be played on Sat July 13th and there are also 3 Round 2 football Qulifers on that day as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

68Murph68 wrote: »
    And let's not even go near the the poor standards of camerawork on evidence by the BBC NI team.

Nearly as bad as TV3... :p

Actually I say that a bit unfairly; I think the quality of their camera has improved a bit and they're not showing replays when the match is continuing (which, very annoyingly, RTE have started doing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭iseegirls

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Who was the dude doing the report on the Carlow Wexford game on the Sunday Game tonight? sounded a bit like Craig Doyle.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Who was the dude doing the report on the Carlow Wexford game on the Sunday Game tonight? sounded a bit like Craig Doyle.
    His name was Tadhg Peavoy, it did sound strange hearing a lad with a D4 accent reporting on a Hurling match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

He sounded like a tool , trying to be dramatic every ten seconds I hope I never hear him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Tommy Gorman doing the Derry Sligo Game, slow news day in the North.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

K-9 wrote: »
    Tommy Gorman doing the Derry Sligo Game, slow news day in the North.

And as he mentions Eoin Bradley having his shooting boots on, Bradley puts a shot wide. Great reporting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I know the stations haven't been arsed with the hurling qualifiers this year but surely Kilkenny v Tipp will be picked up by one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

thelad95 wrote: »
    I know the stations haven't been arsed with the hurling qualifiers this year but surely Kilkenny v Tipp will be picked up by one of them?

Tv3 I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

He sounded like a tool , trying to be dramatic every ten seconds I hope I never hear him again.

"Back of the onion sack" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

so, TV3 are showing the KK v Tipp hurling qualifier game on Saturday evening.
    Nothing is scheduled for the weekend after with games like Kildare v Louth in football and a possible KK/ Tipp v Waterford in the hurling.
    Are the TV companies waiting on a draw for hurling or have they any rights to show a qualifier to a game that weekend.

As was said before, its as clear as mud what the arrangements are this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

All I know is that Cavan probably got more TV coverage this year than the past decade combined :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

So is there just the Tipp and KK dublin galway and Kerry/ Cork on TV this week? What about the football qualifiers?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Neeson wrote: »
    So is there just the Tipp and KK dublin galway and Kerry/ Cork on TV this week? What about the football qualifiers?

Nothing else listed on this site which is usually reliable for about 10 days in advance. GAA is under Other Sports.

http://liveonsat.com/LJ___alt_GAA.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

TV3 are showing the Kilkenny Waterford qualifier. But it looks like the Clare Wexford game will only be shown on Premier Sports which is UK pay TV.

http://www.tv3.ie/news_sub_page.php?locID=1.2.888

http://www.premiersports.tv/

http://liveonsat.com/LJ___alt_GAA.php

Advertisement