Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buried without coffin

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

This is turning into a post mortem dick swagger

"Yea I'm so hard/ atheist/ rad I just want you to like, tip me in the bin on bin day."

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

7ofBrian wrote: »
    When I go I want to donate my carcass to science so there won't be enough left of me for a coffin anyway.

Just hope I don't end up in a Tesco lasagne...

it's likely you wont end up in a tesco finest lasange... more likely a tesco value lasange

they keep horse meat for the tesco finest lasange

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I suppose "they" could invent a human size flip lid kinder surprise kinda "new" coffin. Made from recycled yoghurt pots or something & biodegradable. Along with you! I'd buy that - in purple or funky discoball style! Way to go. Fuzzy felt "flavour" anyone?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I want to be buried in a giant airtight Tupperware container. Seal in that freshness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

hardCopy wrote: »
    http://www.greengraveyard.com/

I'd quite like to be buried under a tree

Ok.

Phoenix Park, Saturday, 12.30?

I'll bring the shovel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Heard on Newstalk this morning that from next month it will be legal to be buried in Ireland without a coffin.
    Definately a way to cut down on funeral expenses. Who needs a coffin anyway.
    Next we should do away with the hearse and be allowed to arrive in a trailer or boot of the car.

:D:D !!

thanks that gave me a good chuckle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

How come the Irish always have to bend over backwards to please other nationalities and their beliefs? I'm pretty sure if we pushed them to change their laws we'd be told where to go or even loose our heads in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

How come the Irish always have to bend over backwards to please other nationalities and their beliefs? I'm pretty sure if we pushed them to change their laws we'd be told where to go or even loose our heads in the process.

Changing an out of date law is hardly bending over backwards.

Changing an out of date law is hardly bending over backwards.

It's not just this, there are lots of cases where we're expected to change our ways to suit other nationalities, i'm just saying that they wouldn't be as accommodating as they expect us to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

BBDBB wrote: »
    how many "bags for life" do you think it would take to cover me?

If you cover labour costs ill get ya into just the one!

• Advertisement

BBDBB wrote: »
    how many "bags for life" do you think it would take to cover me?

Just one "bag of death" and there'll probably bring in a hefty government tax on it too for good measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

It's not just this, there are lots of cases where we're expected to change our ways to suit other nationalities, i'm just saying that they wouldn't be as accommodating as they expect us to be.

If anything that's a good thing though. We're more open minded and understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

What were the odds on the grim reaper having a keen interest in funerals?:D

It's a wooden box at the end of the day, and it's not like they're being banned - if you want a coffin, you can still have one. Just means people aren't forced by law to buy a ridiculously expensive box that serves no actual purpose, i think it's a good move.
    I've never understood why people weren't buried in cheap plywood or cardboard boxes with maybe a fancy looking one over it for the ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

delricyo wrote: »
    Not true. You cannot open a coffin as soon as the undertaker closes it. The coffin is burned as is

An Undertaker can open a coffin with the screw key, a casket can be prised open. In America a casket would never be sealed before a cremation, the family might think it is but it's not. You don't put a weighted casket into a furnace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Im so ugly i don't even think a coffin would let me lie in it. When i die ill just be left where i am, no body will even bother to roll me into a ditch or the throw me into the sea.

Advertisement