Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed March to DC on 4th July

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Blay wrote: »
    Pistols are available in Ireland already:)

They aren't really. As far as I know that legal loophole was shut and the amount of handguns is extremely limited, around a thousand I'd say. The vast (as in nearly all) majority of gun owners in Ireland do not own handguns and nor are they permitted to buy them.

Handguns certainly aren't freely available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

FTA69 wrote: »
    They aren't really. As far as I know that legal loophole was shut and the amount of handguns is extremely limited, around a thousand I'd say. The vast (as in nearly all) majority of gun owners in Ireland do not own handguns and nor are they permitted to buy them.

Handguns certainly aren't freely available in Ireland.

You can't licence a centrefire pistol but you can licence a .22lr pistol as easily as any other firearm. I know people with them...I getting one myself within the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

For target shooting is it? I thought all handguns were restricted and the guards aren't renewing licenses for those who already have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

For target shooting is it? I thought all handguns were restricted and the guards aren't renewing licenses for those who already have them?

Yeah. You're thinking of centrefires, you can't get a new licence for one but renewals are being given.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

itd be cool if everyone started shooting at eachother and there was a big war. idk what would start the war but it would be cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

dj jarvis wrote: »

Absolute strawmanning as usual. Let's rehash the debate a second;

1) A different poster said all guns are bad and used for violent purposes
    2) I said that was b*llocks and guns have legitimate uses in Irish society
    3) You start accusing me of promoting a "gun utopia", misquoting me in general and debunking arguments I never made.

Bar an outstanding ability to criticise non-existant points I don't see you "winning" anything. If you want to criticise gun ownership in America then do so, just don't include me in it because all I was doing was defending the right of people in Ireland to own a gun if they have a necessary purpose for owning it.

and all this in a thread about a gun demo in the states

i think you are the one not following the debate,
    i had a point , not my fault you cant comprehend the expansion of a point.

now calm down dear :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Boogietime wrote: »
    Yup. And when you'll be 10 you'll also understand why, Billy.
    you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Promac wrote: »

A 2 year old was shot and killed by her 5 year old brother who owned a gun legally.

If that little girl was armed, she would have been able to defend herself.

America, ladies and gentlemen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

If that little girl was armed, she would have been able to defend herself.

America, ladies and gentlemen!

Boy we didn't see that one before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

homerhop wrote: »
    Boy we didn't see that one before

I enjoy quoting people.....

Wasn't arsed reading all the posts...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 45 shes_crazy

Looks like Adam Kokesh (the march's organiser) is being threatened with arrest.

He's given an ultimatum to the police:

- facilitate the march
    or
    - expect "civil disobedience"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRjWahDvSaM

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Adam Kokesh has a history of provoking himself getting arrested. Google him.

Advertisement