Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed March to DC on 4th July

Options
  • 07-05-2013 2:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

I'm glad to see gun owners standing up for their rights.

Guns and America are inseparable.

But I do worry that if you bring every gun owner in the country together, that all hell could break loose.

On balance though, I believe the march should be facilitated and that constitutional rights outweigh the risk of nutjobs.

#OpenCarry130704
    https://www.facebook.com/events/252728144871259/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

An armed march? Can't see what could possibly go wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Dear Lord,

I've never been a very religious man, in fact sometimes I've questioned your existence. But I do believe, and through that belief I have never asked for anything. But today Lord, please, for you, me and the rest of humanity, send something, anything. An Earthquake, small asteroid, you flooded half the world to help Noah. You don't have to kill all of them, just hit them enough so they know even god hates them.

Yours'

Rational Humanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

Like people using their arms to march instead of their legs? That would be interesting. How long is this march? Not too far probably, a couple of blocks most likely. It's on the 4th of july too! There are great parties in the USA on this day! Anyone around for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

But if all the goodies with guns go to DC, who will protect the schools, cinemas, shopping malls, etc., from the baddies?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,184 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They have every right... but look at most protests. Like the Dublin student protests a few years back. Takes one ****ing idiot to turn a demonstration into a riot. Im interested in this purely from a logistical standpoint, as of the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Overheal wrote: »
    one ****ing idiot

I take issue with this, but that would be going off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

I'd give a **** but these people are separated from us by an ocean, if they want to shoot up schools let them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'd give a **** but these people are separated from us by an ocean, if they want to shoot up schools let them.

Good man yourself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

My concern is that I'm actually not sure if it's legal. D.C. likely has some pretty restrictive laws on the books on this sort of thing, it's not the most gun-friendly town in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

This is a problem that's rapidly heading towards fixing itself. It'll be ****ing awesome too - like the world's biggest battle royale.

Promac wrote: »
    This is a problem that's rapidly heading towards fixing itself. It'll be ****ing awesome too - like the world's biggest battle royale.

Why are you under some kind of illusion that legally held guns are the ones that are doing the killing in America? The line between truth and parody is absurdly blurred in this thread - most people posting here have no clue about how American gunowners actually behave - but then it is easier to laugh than to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The phrase "social darwinism" comes irresistibly to mind.
    All this needs is a tiny spark to start a riot and the whole problem goes away on its own.

The phrase "social darwinism" comes irresistibly to mind.
    All this needs is a tiny spark to start a riot and the whole problem goes away on its own.

Yes, because American gunowners are deranged lunatics. :rolleyes:

Could you try thinking?

Simple really

The illusion of a right to carry a firearm as you want, instead of a responsibility to not f*ck around with it, encourages people to normalise/f*ck around with them.

Guns are not normal life things. They must never be normal life things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

MadsL wrote: »
    Why are you under some kind of illusion that legally held guns are the ones that are doing the killing in America? The line between truth and parody is absurdly blurred in this thread - most people posting here have no clue about how American gunowners actually behave - but then it is easier to laugh than to think.

James Holmes purchased weapons legally from three stores: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57477014/colo-shooter-purchased-guns-legally-from-3-different-stores/

Adam Lanza's mother legally purchased all the guns used by him: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/connecticut-shooter-guns_n_2306913.html

Cho Heung Sui legally purchased his VT massacre arsenal: http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/gun.laws/http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/gun.laws/

Want more...? :confused:

James Holmes purchased weapons legally from three stores: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57477014/colo-shooter-purchased-guns-legally-from-3-different-stores/

Adam Lanza's mother legally purchased all the guns used by him: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/connecticut-shooter-guns_n_2306913.html

Cho Heung Sui legally purchased his VT massacre arsenal: http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/gun.laws/http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/gun.laws/

Want more...? :confused:

Those incidents were the majority of the gun deaths in the US were they? Do tell me more...

Simple really

The illusion of a right to carry a firearm as you want, instead of a responsibility to not f*ck around with it, encourages people to normalise/f*ck around with them.

Guns are not normal life things. They must never be normal life things.

No, they must be hysterical scary scary things, instead of things that farmers use to kill vermin and protect themselves from intruders in rural locations.

Tools should not be 'normal' things, where would that end, people owning drills and the like.

• Advertisement

I said f*ck all about who might be killing who - you assumed that all by your self because the reality is it doesn't matter what I say: you already have your argument and you're just looking for someone to aim it at.

But on the subject of legally owned guns: It was a legally owned gun that killed a 2 year old the other day. The owner of the gun fired it. The owner being a 5 year old. This kid's death doesn't represent the majority of gun deaths in the US but it doesn't matter.

A 2 year old was shot and killed by her 5 year old brother who owned a gun legally. The fact that that is even possible is a tragedy and a mockery of civilisation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It's sad and sadly all too predictable the way the pro gun apologists hijack these threads with their tiresome array of so-called "arguments" that are peddled each and every time.

I said f*ck all about who might be killing who - you assumed that all by your self because the reality is it doesn't matter what I say: you already have your argument and you're just looking for someone to aim it at.

But on the subject of legally owned guns: It was a legally owned gun that killed a 2 year old the other day. The owner of the gun fired it. The owner being a 5 year old. This kid's death doesn't represent the majority of gun deaths in the US but it doesn't matter.

A 2 year old was shot and killed by her 5 year old brother who owned a gun legally. The fact that that is even possible is a tragedy and a mockery of civilisation.

What would you like to happen now? Personally I think the parents are morons. That has little to do wih the availability of firearms and more to do with the intelligence of the parents.

We could start talking about banning cars if you like based on the incidents of road deaths...we have had dangerous items in society for many years now.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    It's sad and sadly all too predictable the way the pro gun apologists hijack these threads with their tiresome array of so-called "arguments" that are peddled each and every time.

Because gun control solves the problem - not like any police are being shot in Ireland. Oh wait.

What was your argument again?

What would you like to happen now? Personally I think the parents are morons. That has little to do wih the availability of firearms and more to do with the intelligence of the parents.

We could start talking about banning cars if you like based on the incidents of road deaths...we have had dangerous items in society for many years now.

Civilised people keep the dangerous items away from 5 year olds - they don't train them to use them. For the same reason you don't let 5 year olds drive cars. Or apply for a license to drive cars. Cars are designed and trained for with ultimate safety in mind - guns are designed to kill things. These are not things that are similar.

And it doesn't matter how many crappy old tired arguments you drag out - the simple fact remains that the only reason you and people like you are arguing about guns is because you think guns are cool. You're not concerned with defending your home. You're most likely not out hunting every weekend (and probably not at all) and even if you were that much into hunting, you'd probably get more enjoyment and personal satisfaction out of doing it with a bow or a knife or a fishing rod.

Be a fcking man about it and just admit that you're only interested in guns because Rambo gave you a boner when you were 8.

Civilised people keep the dangerous items away from 5 year olds - they don't train them to use them. For the same reason you don't let 5 year olds drive cars. Or apply for a license to drive cars. Cars are designed and trained for with ultimate safety in mind - guns are designed to kill things. These are not things that are similar.

Did I argue with any of that? However, you have not made an argument for banning cars - nor guns.
    And it doesn't matter how many crappy old tired arguments you drag out - the simple fact remains that the only reason you and people like you are arguing about guns is because you think guns are cool. You're not concerned with defending your home. You're most likely not out hunting every weekend (and probably not at all) and even if you were that much into hunting, you'd probably get more enjoyment and personal satisfaction out of doing it with a bow or a knife or a fishing rod.

Ah, assumptions, the last bastion of reasoned argument. Try not to let your prejudices show so much and you might be able to make a reasoned argument.

By the way, guns are legal in Ireland.

Also - feckin hard to hit a quail with a bow and arrow...

Be a fcking man about it and just admit that you're only interested in guns because Rambo gave you a boner when you were 8.

Mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Why do so many people seem to care about what americans do with their guns?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Why do so many people seem to care about what americans do with their guns?

Cos America is like a huge, crazy, entertaining reality show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Yes, like keeping a knife away from the dinner table...you know, because blades can't kill people.

Advertisement