Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man shot at in Edenderry

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

snubbleste wrote: »

Offaly people must love him

They'd have Cowen back too given half a chance I bet. Gougers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It costs €16k a month to run my home
    Ger Killally sobbed in court yesterday as he told the judge that he needs €4k a week to meet his household expenses, which include €1,500 a month for electricity costs and €42k a year for health and life insurance policies for him and his wife Naomi. The outgoings for his 9 bedroom Edenderry home, pitcured, amounted to some €384k for the year

Some nice vehicles in that driveway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

SB2013 wrote: »
    The first step in an investigation is to identify anyone who has a gripe against former corrupt Fianna Fail politicians.

More than half the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Ger Killally sobbed in court yesterday as he told the judge that he needs €4k a week to meet his household expenses, which include €1,500 a month for electricity costs and €42k a year for health and life insurance policies for him and his wife Naomi. The outgoings for his 9 bedroom Edenderry home, pitcured, amounted to some €384k for the year

are you serious? cloud cuckoo land - after reading that it doesn't surprise me one bit that someone had it in for him - in fact after read that I'd say a lot more will. :eek: In all honesty, what plonker needs a house that size for a young family. Who do these people think they are and have they no moral compass at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

grow house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

I dont think that there will be too much investageing done either as tullamores ex super was one who was badly stung by Killally as well as his 2 brothers, one of whom passed away last year after being diagnosed with a brain tumour which was said to be the result of stress from a lenghtly (5year) court battle which was quite a waste of time considering Killally claimed bankrupsey.

Then had the cheek to ask for his passport back to bring his family away on a fancy holiday and was granted it after gettin a three year suspended sentence and few hours of community service for a different offence.

Ahhhh yes, another slhap in the face by the irish law makers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭jprboy

Yeah, reminded me of reading reports on him some years back:

Edenderry’s answer to Posh and Becks, Ger and Naomi Killally, who famously changed their top of the range motors every year, always sporting the OY 1 and OY 2 reg plates

That alone speaks volumes.

http://www.wiredwithwhelan.com/?p=62

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

mel1 wrote: »
    Ger Killally has been shot at in Edenderry this morning.

Gunman Shot at him while he was in his car, car hit a ditch and fliped over.

Anybody on boards have any gripes with him?

Anybody feel sorry for him?

Anybody else wanna shake the gunmans hand?

Anybody wanna kick gunmans hole for missing?

Poor Ger!rolleyes.png

(im guessing the gunman missed on purpose and was only trying to frighten him.)

All that effort would have been better served, if you had the decency to provide a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

All that effort would have been better served, if you had the decency to provide a link.

Ever so sorry, my excitement got the better of me. Rectified!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, I just want to remind you all that accusations of criminal activity are not permitted on this site without proof (and even then you're better off going to the guards). The victim here appears to be widely despised, but that's not going to help Boards if he decides to sue for slander (or libel. Whichever the written one is). If you want to comment on proven crimes, then that's fine. Just make sure you're not letting vitriol get in the way of facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

He got 4,719 first preference votes in the 2002 elections..

No they don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Anyone wrote: »
    Gunshots in County Offaly, sounds like a Turf War.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

wtf is going on with this crowd?:o
    maybe Micheál could explain?:o

A FORMER Fianna Fail running mate of Brian Cowen has suffered minor injuries after shots were fired while he was leaving home with his family.

Gerard Killally, 42, was in his car with his father and two young sons when a gunman travelling in an Opel Astra opened fire.

They had just left his home in the townland of Shean, Edenderry, Co Offaly, at around 10.40am.

Killally managed to drive a short distance before he hit a ditch and the car overturned.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/former-ff-councillor-ger-killally-hurt-as-shots-fired-at-his-home-29238372.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

IBTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

space_man wrote: »
    wtf is going on with this crowd?:o
    maybe Micheál could explain?:o

A FORMER Fianna Fail running mate of Brian Cowen has suffered minor injuries after shots were fired while he was leaving home with his family.

Gerard Killally, 42, was in his car with his father and two young sons when a gunman travelling in an Opel Astra opened fire.

They had just left his home in the townland of Shean, Edenderry, Co Offaly, at around 10.40am.

Killally managed to drive a short distance before he hit a ditch and the car overturned.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/former-ff-councillor-ger-killally-hurt-as-shots-fired-at-his-home-29238372.html

It's not really amusing

Sounds like a horrific ordeal for the kids involved, and even Killally doesn't deserve to be shot at.

trouttrout wrote: »
    Sounds like a horrific ordeal for the kids involved, and even Killally doesn't deserve to be shot at.

i agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Sounds like there is CORRUPTION & SKULLDUGGERY involved. It is Irish politics after all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The victim is well known to Gardai having previously received a 3 year prison sentence for theft and forgery.!!

Hope the 3 innocent people in the car, his dad and 2 young kids are ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thats some fcuking house for a bankrupt FF Counciler.

The size of it...:eek:

Its on RTE 1 News now.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

More like a palace rather than a house !!!!

If he is bankrupt, how is he still living there.

would like to know the cost of its' upkeep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

He got 4,719 first preference votes in the 2002 elections..

But shure he fixhed the road...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

It's a pity that there were innocents in the car, otherwise I'd be more than happy to see him chased down the road taking a few rounds to the arse.

The Soldiers of Destitution are making Adams, McGuinness & friends look like beacons of decency, integrity and honesty.

'tis no wonder the county is fooked. :mad:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29221875.html

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29108536.html

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...er-217109.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...aces-1.1371182

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭vertico

How the hell can he still live in that mansion when he's bankrupt,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What happened to the good old fashioned kneecapping?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

paddy147 wrote: »
    Thats some fcuking house for a bankrupt FF Counciler.

The size of it...:eek:

Its on RTE 1 News now.

You'd burn a lot of briquettes in that gaff:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gardai unable to find any evidence that he or his car was shot at according to Newstalk

Could be talking through his hole for all anyone knows

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Threads merged, please do a search before starting a new thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You'd burn a lot of briquettes in that gaff:D:D:D

Id say hes possibly burnt a few people himself??

And now the past is catching back up with him perhaps??:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Gardai unable to find any evidence that he or his car was shot at according to Newstalk

Could be talking through his hole for all anyone knows

funny i thought that myself.
    there was another developer who made out he was abducted by Russian mafia if i recall.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/kidnapped-tycoon-says-he-made-up-whole-ordeal-29135115.html

THE wandering property developer, Kevin McGeever, has admitted he made up the extraordinary story that he was kidnapped and held captive for eight months because he was under financial pressure.

The developer from Mayo, who is wanted in Dubai for an alleged property fraud, came clean after his arrest for wasting police time last Thursday, according to sources.

Detectives were increasingly sceptical about his improbable tale, which made international headlines after he was discovered by passing motorists wandering barefoot and confused on a country road in Leitrim.

Advertisement