Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MK808 mini pc + Air Fly Mouse (cond from "Bargain Alerts")

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

user2011 wrote: »
    Thankfully the only problem I've had was that freezing/crashing and it seems to be sorted.

Have you had a look over on freaktab, see if it's mentioned there?

Yeah had a look there & some others have it also. Hopefully Bob will come up with an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm geting a few threads mixed up. I thought this was the same one everyone was posting in.

Anyway, has anyone tried REDXbmc? I can't find it, heard it works perfectly on 99% of Android devices, and i can't even find a reference to it. Have i got the name wrong? Has anyone heard of it?

Specifically for the MK808B. I won't be in contact with the guy that told me about it for another week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bewerten

I currently have one of the finless roms installed and im trying to flash one of his newer ones but i keep getting "No found Rkandroid rock usb" in the flash tool. No matter what i do, it just won't recognise the device. I know the drivers are installed as i already flashed one of bobs roms over the stock rom on this computer! I tried on xp and windows 7 and have ran out of ideas.. any advice?

Press the reset button when connecting, but also make sure that you have "Enable Mass Storage Device" selected in the MK808B settings.
    Flash mode using the reset button:
    If you do not ever see the flash tool say "Found RKAndroid MASS Storage USB"
    Or reboot to flash mode does not work, then use this manual procedure.
    1) Have the USB cable unplugged.
    2) Near the HDMI port are 2 holes in each corner. One is the blue LED hole.
    The other in the corner is a reset button under the hole.
    Use a paper clip or something to push the reset button in this hole.
    I actually enlarged the hole so a paper clip would fit.
    You will feel the button "click" when you are on it.
    3) Hold this button down and while holding it, plug the USB cable from the PC to the OTG port on the mk808.
    4) YOu should here windows BONG it found a new device. The LED will not light!
    5) You are now in ROM flash mode. Read below for installing drivers.

Driver install:
    1) Now that we are in ROM flash mode as above, Windows should now have a new device found and it will be unknown.
    2) Open the device manager in control panel. You should see a device listed as unknown with a yellow symbol in it.
    3) RIGHT click on it and select "Update Driver".
    4) You will get a dialog asking to search or browse my computer for the driver. Click Browse
    5) On the next screen click the browse button. A file manager will open.
    6) Now remember I told you to unzip this package to somewhere you know how to find it like the desktop?
    7) Using the file manager point to this package, Click on the driver folder.
    8) Then click on the folder for 32bit or 64bit depending on your OS.
    9) Now click on your OS version, e.g. Win7, etc.
    10) The OK button should now be available to click OK.
    11) At this point the drivers should install. If not start over.
    12) No matter what, reboot the PC now. Also unplug the mk808 and let it reboot
    13) Once the PC is back up plug in the mk808 and repeat the steps for getting into flash mode!
    14) Now this is important! If you did everything right when you go into flash mode (blank screen),
    the PC FLash tool should now say at the bottom "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb"
    If it does not, you did not get the drivers installed! repeat above yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bewerten

Have tried manually with the reset button and using the reboot app that finless puts on his roms but it still wont work. The device is now coming up as unknown but when i try to install the drivers again it says that the current ones are the best available!! Gonna keep trying but its driving me crazy!

• Advertisement

Bewerten wrote: »
    Have tried manually with the reset button and using the reboot app that finless puts on his roms but it still wont work. The device is now coming up as unknown but when i try to install the drivers again it says that the current ones are the best available!! Gonna keep trying but its driving me crazy!

Have you tried a different PC/OS?

Did you try this? - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87470567&postcount=308

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭football girl

Sorry, I'm a total newbie to this. How does this all work and how could you set it up? What can it be used for?

Thanks for your help

Sorry, I'm a total newbie to this. How does this all work and how could you set it up? What can it be used for?

Thanks for your help

This is an old thread, if you go HERE (Last page) there are quite a lot of people talking/helping and up to date :)

You can use it for streaming live TV and other Media etc.. on your television. It can do quite a lot if you install XBMC Media Centre or similar onto it also.

EDIT.

It may be better if you go back about 10 pages from the end and take it from there.

Advertisement