Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do any boardsies over 25 years of age wear chinos?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Are they like dockers? I guess I wear them on occasion. I'm not too worried about what people think of my dress sense, in all honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Brego888 wrote: »
    Interesting question and ill pose another. What is an appropriate alternative to jeans these days? I have far too many jeans and then nothing else bar formal trousers or tracksuit bottoms

I dont think there is any. I've a few pairs of jeans, few tracky bottoms, a pair of chinos :P and like yourself a few pairs of trousers, what more do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

jimpump wrote: »
    Are you dale winton by any chance?

I have no idea who Dale Winton is.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Brego888 wrote: »
    Interesting question and ill pose another. What is an appropriate alternative to jeans these days? I have far too many jeans and then nothing else bar formal trousers or tracksuit bottoms

Chinos of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

endacl wrote: »
    Thread backfire...?

;-)

Not really bud

• Advertisement

Exactly! Now where did leave my arseless trousers with velcro snap-shut crotch peep-a-boo panty-girdle combo?:pac:

Now that sounds like what I'd consider an interesting thread, but only with explanatory photos. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Chinos are only acceptable if you are an overweight crime boss from New Jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i have a pair but i dont wear them cause they are too small. if they fit i would wear them and couldnt care less what people think. even if i leave the toilets in the pub with a map of ireland on my jeans i just shrug. im 32

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Have a couple of pairs there, just hit 27 this week...

Got called gay there a few weeks ago wearing a pair by some dipso auld one in the local, so I unleashed a good bit of stick her way. I think their ok but I can see why a lot of people wouldn't be into them

ViveLaVie wrote: »

He was on super market sweep back in the day. Oh and he was in trainspotting aswell, he should have won an oscar for his performance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

What age are you btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Sigh. Too many young ones around these days
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

If you do I think its time to grow up lads. I saw a 40-50 year old fella wear green chinos and I seriously felt scarlet for the guy

OMG, I like totally hear what you're saying and like couldn't agree more.
    I spotted a chap wearing chinos today and I know he's 26. Fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Candie wrote: »
    Now that sounds like what I'd consider an interesting thread, but only with explanatory photos. :)

The pictures aren't cheap. Money up front. Which is where I keep my tips, incidently.

I googled him.

He looks like the love child of a Great Dane crossed with a mahogany hatstand. I don't know what he does or where he does it though.

Remmy wrote: »
    Chinos are only acceptable if you are an overweight crime boss from New Jersey

I dont recall tony soprano or paulie walnuts ever wearing chinos.

I do recall a lot of tracksuits, though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

He wore black traditonal cut chinos on a regular basis. Of course I know jack all about clothing so they might have been just dress slacks :)

Remmy wrote: »
    He wore black traditonal cut chinos on a regular basis. Of course I know jack all about clothing so they might have been just dress slacks :)

Yup, tony loved his black slacks....never chinos though, and paulie loved his tracksuits. I dont think any OG ever wore chinos:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

I'd imagine the people criticising chino's have fantastic attire themselves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Yep, love mine. They go nice with my vans, chicks dig it and to be honest i look sexy as fook..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

It's hard not to wear anything else but 3 stripes here lest you get tagged weirdo. Trousers iron pressed? Weirdo... Dressing like a man. Full of himself. Not cropped that cows lick out of his hair? weirdo...

All the signs point toward a seriously repressed lack of confidence, nationwide if this continues. Fat kids, yet appearing starved of.. something. fcuking cavemen had more panache in their grimey loincloths. Down to earth, is the objective but not with such repressive force we end up 6 ft under

EazyD wrote: »
    I'd imagine the people criticising chino's have fantastic attire themselves!

Yup, armani and gucci suits all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Chinos are sh*t no matter what age you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Clothes are **** in general, lets all run around naked and be free!

Clothes are **** in general, lets all run around naked and be free!

The weather shackles us to our threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I wear chinos, jeans, leather jackets, t-shirts and anything else I want. Those who don't approve of the way I dress can look at something they like better. Oh, I'm nearly 43 by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

You'll get used to it eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

OP, is your problem with green or other bright colour chinos or chinos in general?

What about black chinos? What about green jeans?

• Advertisement

I wear chinos, jeans, leather jackets, t-shirts and anything else I want. Those who don't approve of the way I dress can look at something they like better. Oh, I'm nearly 43 by the way.

Ah well, north donegal aint exactly the hub of fashion so dont worry bout it :D

Advertisement