Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do any boardsies over 25 years of age wear chinos?

Options
  • 30-04-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

If you do I think its time to grow up lads. I saw a 40-50 year old fella wear green chinos and I seriously felt scarlet for the guy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

You can feel colours now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Wha? When I was young, I'd have been surprised to see anyone under 25 in chinos. To my generation, they're middle-aged-man pants.

Edit: Ah, is this part of that hipster stuff that seems to be the thing now? Wearing era-unsuitable clothing 'ironically'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Wouldn't be seen dead in them, I'm waay too old. Skin tight leather is your only man.

Why would you give a damn what anyone else wears, never mind feel any kind of emotional response to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Nobody should wear chinos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Wha? I'd be surprised to see anyone under 25 in chinos. They're middle-aged-man pants.

Where the hell do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Nah never bought a pair. I never thought they looked that good really and wasnt bothered following that trend

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Remember when chinos used to be for aul'fellas and golfists?

They still look crap now. They just look crap in more colours, and on hipsters.

Candie wrote: »
    Why would you give a damn what anyone else wears, never mind feel any kind of emotional response to it?

Why should anyone give a damn about anything so? Most forums would be boring as **** if that was the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

I'm wearing them right now!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm wearing them right now!:D

Checks your location.

Of course you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I can't really believe anyone actually wears anything other than jeans. All other trousers are aul fella pants

Read a thread about a lad who felt embarrassed about what a stranger was wearing. Wasn't scarlet at all for him. Just thought he came as off a bit.... odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Yes I wear chinos. And I'll wear what ever the **** I want thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

I am wearing some now... Unrivaled. jap brand I think.. they have crip bandana print at the rear end of one leg.... sandy brown.

Very wide, thInk I'm done with skinnies?!! circulation issues, into my 30s.

endacl wrote: »
    Read a thread about a lad who felt embarrassed about what a stranger was wearing. Wasn't scarlet at all for him. Just thought he came as off a bit.... odd.

I think them chinos are a bit too tight on ya there pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭OCorcrainn

What the f**k are chinos?

What age are you btw?

jimpump wrote: »
    Why should anyone give a damn about anything so? Most forums would be boring as **** if that was the case

If a thread about being embarrassed about what other people are wearing is your definition of interesting, you're right, we shouldn't give a damn.

Next up, shoes.
    I saw a girl in white stilettos and I nearly fainted in disgust. I wasn't scarlet for her, but I was a very interesting shade of dusky pink with a hint of beige.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

I love chinos on men. They look good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

The skinny chinos are awful. Loose and tight in all the wrong places. Ya'd see lads and the legs would be hugging their calves, but falling down around the waist.

You can buy straight leg ones in decent men's shops (NOT River Island) that look alright. I wore mine a few times on holidays and felt like the man from Del Monte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Same. I have a pair of wine ones, like these

http://honestclothinguk.co.uk/image/cache/data/wine%20twisted%20chinos-500x500.jpg

I don't wear them very often but I do like them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

OCorcrainn wrote: »

Old man pants.

If a thread about being embarrassed about what other people are wearing is your definition of interesting, you're right, we shouldn't give a damn.

Next up, shoes.
    I saw a girl in white stilettos and I nearly fainted in disgust. I wasn't scarlet for her, but I was a very interesting shade of dusky pink with a hint of beige.

That girl needs to be shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Interesting question and ill pose another. What is an appropriate alternative to jeans these days? I have far too many jeans and then nothing else bar formal trousers or tracksuit bottoms

jimpump wrote: »
    I think them chinos are a bit too tight on ya there pal

Thread backfire...?

;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Google is your friend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I used to wear chinos before they were cool.

and got horrendously ridiculed in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Exactly! Now where did leave my arseless trousers with velcro snap-shut crotch peep-a-boo panty-girdle combo?:pac:

If I am correct, then they are old-man trousers.

http://www.porhomme.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/left-field-nyc-japanese-twill-khaki-chinos-ss2011-2.jpg

• Advertisement

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    I love chinos on men. They look good.

Are you dale winton by any chance?

Advertisement