Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do any boardsies over 25 years of age wear chinos?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

People can go out and buy a pair of chino's in Pennys along with other associated attire for fairly little money and will go out looking fairly modern and trendy.

Fair play to 'em I say.

I on the other hand, no matter what I wear tend to look like a tramp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

jimpump wrote: »
    Ah well, north donegal aint exactly the hub of fashion so dont worry bout it :D

Sounds closer to the mark than central dublin right now tbh....

But then I think in donegal they're just free'er to be. Imagine if people ended up tripping over each other to be the same... shorn headed toe rag, on appearance, in prison attyre. Oh just imagine if that did transpire, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

budgemook wrote: »
    OP, is your problem with green or other bright colour chinos or chinos in general?

What about black chinos? What about green jeans?

Fook them all i say, theyre not as bad as skinny jeans but theyre not far off

budgemook wrote: »
    OP, is your problem with green or other bright colour chinos or chinos in general?

What about black chinos? What about green jeans?

I'm guessing... death penalty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

If you do I think its time to grow up lads. I saw a 40-50 year old fella wear green chinos and I seriously felt scarlet for the guy

My fiance wears them all the time he has a nice ass in them too :)

Let people wear what they want as long as they are comfortable and are happy with what they wear then nothing else matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭OCorcrainn

Exactly! Now where did leave my arseless trousers with velcro snap-shut crotch peep-a-boo panty-girdle combo?:pac:

If I am correct, then they are old-man trousers.

http://www.porhomme.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/left-field-nyc-japanese-twill-khaki-chinos-ss2011-2.jpg

Thanks, when I first read the thread I actually thought that the OP was talking about Chinese people, thanks for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I do, but not these gay, carrot type or ones that are like a pair of pipes. It's all about a classy pair with a proper pair of leather hard soled shoes, c/w blazer, shirt and G&T!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

discus wrote: »
    I do, but not these gay, carrot type or ones that are like a pair of pipes. It's all about a classy pair with a proper pair of leather hard soled shoes, c/w blazer, shirt and G&T!

+1 to normal chinos. Chinos, shoes as described in the above post and a shirt is s far better casual outfit for men than living in jeans and a t shirt. Although I don't expect that to be a popular opinion on boards of all places.

This isn't even about the wearing of a simple pair of trousers, which should have raised alarm bells even without it ever even being about over 25's in them it's about the wearing of anything other than the mandatory sweatshop sweatpants....he be testing the waters

Trousers make your dick look bigger, if it helps at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Sugar Free wrote: »
    +1 to normal chinos. Chinos, shoes as described in the above post and a shirt is s far better casual outfit for men than living in jeans and a t shirt. Although I don't expect that to be a popular opinion on boards of all places.

Worse still, the ill fitting, unflattering black t-shirt (possibly with some sort of witty print) with jeans and dark runners, laces in a massive bow look. It just screams "I can code and upgrade RAM, what about it?"

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's hard not to wear anything else but 3 stripes here lest you get tagged weirdo. Trousers iron pressed? Weirdo... Dressing like a man. Full of himself. Not cropped that cows lick out of his hair? weirdo...

All the signs point toward a seriously repressed lack of confidence, nationwide if this continues. Fat kids, yet appearing starved of.. something. fcuking cavemen had more panache in their grimey loincloths. Down to earth, is the objective but not with such repressive force we end up 6 ft under

Unfortunately this post is pretty close to the truth.

Pair of bootcut jeans, rubbish looking brown shoes or steel toed boots and an oversized shirt. Anything other than that and you're a weirdo apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fedupguessing

I have about 20-30 pairs. Mainly for cruises.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Never wore them myself but they're another example of something that has been bastardised by **** who think a size 28 waist is too big and all trousers should be painted on.

awec wrote: »

Pair of bootcut jeans, rubbish looking brown shoes or steel toed boots and an oversized shirt. Anything other than that and you're a weirdo apparently.

But We are seeing the first gen of the townies as adults now, so even their attempt at unassuming casual wear has to have reebok on or some shít....

shít even the older generation are donning the stripes just to fit in. I am talkin the grannies and stuff, everyone... dressing like only a tween at most should

ah christ I need to flee this neighbourhood.. these times?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

chino ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

At least they look a hell of lot better than sweatpants and those out of date boot cut jeans that Irish people seem to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I have a green pair and a sandy brown pair. They're not really the best pants in the world imo. A good pair of elasticated jeans, courdroys or leather pants usually suits better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Chinos are for accountants to wear on dress down Friday's.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

I'm 28 and all I wear is denim skateboard shorts, I think anyone who wears chinos has given up on life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

I wear chinos, yeah....usually polo Ralph Lauren ones.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jamesjoyce1710

awec wrote: »

ah yes the clothes of the unwashed masses who will call anyone who takes any interest you appaeanace/ fashion a "fag".

I rock casual chinos all the time with cons and then spice it up for a night out with a nice blazer, shirt, and hard soled shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

36 and wearing a pair now. Why wouldn't I? They are comfortable, available in an array of colours and look good with a casual shirt. Ideal for work/home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Con Logue

Candie wrote: »
    Why would you give a damn what anyone else wears, never mind feel any kind of emotional response to it?

The Valley of the Squinting Windows never died, it just evolved into the internet;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

i only wear tracksuits
    so i guess im worse then the chino wearers :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    i only wear tracksuits
    so i guess im worse then the chino wearers :L

Scumbag :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ITT people who only wear jeans and think they're stylish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Hang on, can we establish if chinos are stereo-typically for old people or young people please?

I am really confused. I myself have always associated them with ould lad in the golf club types.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sky King wrote: »
    Hang on, can we establish if chinos are stereo-typically for old people or young people please?

I am really confused. I myself have always associated them with ould lad in the golf club types.
    Same here.

OP -can you post picture of what you consider chinos, or a pic of a guy who looks like the guy you mentioned.

I can't picture any trousers I have seen called chinos whereby if I saw them on a 26 year old I'd be thinking "jaysus man, grow up".

There was a TV3 news presenter who looked in his late 30's or 40's with a haircut of a 16 year old boyband singer. It looked stupid, but to me chinos were auld lad pants, and I do actually remember a lad getting slagged for wearing them out to the pub when I was in school, as they look more like suit trousers your dad would wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

If you do I think its time to grow up lads. I saw a 40-50 year old fella wear green chinos and I seriously felt scarlet for the guy

I hate to break it to you junior, but chinos are aul man pants.

What aul fellas like myself shouldn't wear is leather jackets, jeans and flip flops. Chinos are what you graduate into once you're too old for the other stuff.

If you're under 25 and wearing chinos, you should go the whole hog and get a monocle and silver-tipped walking cane. Full young fogey stylee.

Advertisement