Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco extra no longer extra

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭deisemum

You need to phone around and get the price of your perscription if you want to save money as there is a big difference between pharmacies and if you have a perscription for 6 months worth of medication and the monthly cost is less than the monthly cut off point under the Drugs Repayment Scheme you'll save money by getting the 6 months worth in the one go as you're only paying 1 dispensing fee and not 6.

I went from paying €36+ per month to €21 per month for the same perscription by phoning around and it all adds up especially as I'll probably on it for the rest of my life. I think more people are starting to phone around because one of my local pharmacies have stopped giving a quote over the phone where as the 2 other local pharmacies had no problem doing so and both were considerably cheaper than the one who wouldn't.

There was a price comparison on perscriptions and medication last year and Waterford had the most expensive pharmacy.

Advertisement