Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco extra no longer extra

Options
  • 28-04-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭

Tesco ardkeen will only open from 6 am till midnight from May .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

It's a sad day for the parish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

my condolences

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Goodbye my sweet prince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Well holy god!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

the "extra" does not refer to opening times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭decies

A sad day for the decies alright .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭thomasm

Anybody ever in there at those hours. Be interesting to see footfall figures for between 12 and 6 am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

It's only for the May bank holiday weekend, after that it's back to 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

thomasm wrote: »
    Anybody ever in there at those hours. Be interesting to see footfall figures for between 12 and 6 am
    Always found it handy for picking up tights ,gaffa tape,rope and Umbongo after 3 am.

200motels wrote: »
    It's only for the May bank holiday weekend, after that it's back to 24 hours.

The sign said from Tuesday the 7th of may this store will open from 6am till midnight .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Monday to Friday, its closed 12am till 6am, 24 hrs at the weekend.

EDIT, I read the sign wrong, its closed every night 12am till 6am. I thought it was the same as New Ross, closed during the week but 24hrs at the weekend.

Just looked at the picture again I took ,would upload it on mobile if I could ,anyways Monday to Sunday is written on end of sign .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

decies wrote: »
    Just looked at the picture again I took ,would upload it on mobile if I could ,anyways Monday to Sunday is written on end of sign .
    Fair enough, it's just that someone I know who works there said it's not happening.

Bit weird having sign outside near petrol station and one inside anyways time will tell what they are up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Ohh holy god! now what will I do.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I'm in knots at some of the replies lads, fair play! :D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I suppose I could go back to Mass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can communism be far behind this announcement?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its generally very quiet at night and its usually the time they do all the stock on the shelves. Up until midnight seems to make sense as it does have a few floating around, but again, not many. The Guards use it a fair bit, its their second favourite place with Topaz being their first. :)

Am I not mistaken in thinking they have new planning permission up? For storage or something? Maybe I was having a really weird dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

i hope they role this out nationwide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

I blame the lads of "The Estate" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

surely ta go this is worthy of a protest march.

i suggest everyone meet on friday morning at 10am in the car park in tesco.

we will all get a trolley from the car park and make our way to the city hall via the dunmore road.small children are welcome as they can be sat into the trolley while pushed along by parent's.i'll print off a few leaflets about our outrage about the opening hour's and they can be stored in a few basket's that will be borrowed from tesco and passed out on the route.

spread the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Sully wrote: »
    Its generally very quiet at night and its usually the time they do all the stock on the shelves. Up until midnight seems to make sense as it does have a few floating around, but again, not many. The Guards use it a fair bit, its their second favourite place with Topaz being their first. :)

Am I not mistaken in thinking they have new planning permission up? For storage or something? Maybe I was having a really weird dream.

Are you infering that the Gardai are an overweight coffee swilling, doughnut eating police force?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

When you dream, you really dream big, don't you;)Puts my dreams of murd...I mean meeting beautiful women and eat...I mean showing them a good time, to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Am I not mistaken in thinking they have new planning permission up?
    For storage or something? Maybe I was having a really weird dream.

Heard they are getting a pharmacy in the store so it may be to do with that. Unfortunately, i dont think its a tesco pharmacy. Its supposed to be just a normal one just inside the store

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

wobbles wrote: »
    Heard they are getting a pharmacy in the store so it may be to do with that. Unfortunately, i dont think its a tesco pharmacy. Its supposed to be just a normal one just inside the store

Full details of the planning permission available online, use the code on the notice.

Change of usage of space on the shop floor. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

wobbles wrote: »

A pharmacy? Even though Mulligans, Dowlings and Sam McAuleys are within walking distance? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Just to confirm from 7 May it will be open from 06.00-00.00 daily, nothing to do with works or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Jason Todd wrote: »
    A pharmacy? Even though Mulligans, Dowlings and Sam McAuleys are within walking distance? :eek:
    Never underestimate the laziness of the majority of people! Are you suggesting they walk!!? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Just to confirm from 7 May it will be open from 06.00-00.00 daily, nothing to do with works or anything like that.

Are you sure this is not just for the petrol station?

Advertisement