Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive £44.99 delivered

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 .stranger

Just got a mail from them:

Dear Insight Customer,

Unfortunately there has been a pricing error on your recent order for item 0001572312; SSD 840PRO 256GB SATA 6Gbps 2.5BasicKit. We are sorry to inform you that on this occasion we will not be able to fulfil the order at the original price quoted and therefore your order has been cancelled.

oh, well.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

MAke sure to keep an eye on your account for a refund, cancelled /= refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

zom wrote: »
    Seems like NEXT dirty trick from Online Marketing Department. It was HP few days ago with £40 voucher now Insight UK got a big customer database FOR FREE. "Well done, few quids saved, now send them some spam boys!!"

I wonder if that's coincidence that it always happen during the weekend? It gives people lot of time to inform each other, do pre-buy check, to purchase that bargain, and even discuss it a little after. It saves all worries to delivery department because Monday morning they are all cancelled. Strange...

i went into my insight a/c and changed the email address i had setup to insightaref**kers@hotmail.com . Simples

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

zom wrote: »
    Seems like NEXT dirty trick from Online Marketing Department. It was HP few days ago with £40 voucher now Insight UK got a big customer database FOR FREE. "Well done, few quids saved, now send them some spam boys!!"

I wonder if that's coincidence that it always happen during the weekend? It gives people lot of time to inform each other, do pre-buy check, to purchase that bargain, and even discuss it a little after. It saves all worries to delivery department because Monday morning they are all cancelled. Strange...

HP actually sent out a lot of that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

No cancellation email here, but order has dissappeared from my account and invoice has dissappeared also. I assume no charges were made against my CC either but will keep an eye on that to confirm. Oh well - nothing ventured nothing gained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Same as that, I emailed them asking them what the story was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Same here, order gone, no email yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I have two canned replies saying

Dear Insight Customer,

Unfortunately there has been a pricing error on your recent order for item 0001572312; SSD 840PRO 256GB SATA 6Gbps 2.5BasicKit. We are sorry to inform you that on this occasion we will not be able to fulfil the order at the original price quoted and therefore your order has been cancelled.

Insight makes every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted in its catalogue and on its website are accurate, however from time to time mistakes do unfortunately happen. If you still wish to purchase the product at the correct price please contact our sales team on 0800 333333.

Please note that if you have placed your order using a credit card, a pre-authorisation will have taken place to allocate the funds as part of Insight receiving your order. Please allow up to 7 working days for these funds to appear back in your account. For any queries on this matter our credit card services team will be able to assist you on 0844 692 5544.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

bmm wrote: »
    i went into my insight a/c and changed the email address i had setup to insightaref**kers@hotmail.com . Simples

Done better than that, I changed my email address to their accounts helpdesk.

It will all go home automatically. opt at uk.insight.com

Treat their email address like they were going to treat mine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

A lot of these "mistakes" Happening recently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Got my letter today saying it was cancelled :( it was too good to be true. Everyone make sure you unsubscribe from their newsletter now and don't let them benefit from this slip up to discourage others from doing it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Apologies all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

alexlyons wrote: »
    Apologies all

Hardly your fault, if it had worked out great but think most people knew they were taking a chance.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Apologies all

I demand an ssd or your first born.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

I demand an ssd or your first born.

Here

Bit more expensive but according to this its an SSD.... :P amazon are fairly reputable as well so it should be delivered!

Here

Bit more expensive but according to this its an SSD.... :P amazon are fairly reputable as well so it should be delivered!

And you save $0.02 worthy of its own thread with a bargain like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Advertisement