Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive £44.99 delivered

Options
  • 28-04-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Samsung 256GB SSD with TRIM support here

great price of £44.99 delivered. it says 53.99 but when you register and choose Ireland it gets rid of the tax and says shipping is £11.57 but leaves the total at £44.99.

Here's amazon offering the same thing for £170

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

total with cheapest shipping over here comes to £61.18. still good though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

ye i was surprised it didnt add on my shipping...

edit: just see your in essex, shipping to Ireland seems to not add on

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Unfortunately we do not allow shipping to Ireland for non-business users.

So we have to register a business account?

i registered and just stuck individual as the name and choose other as the type..?

parcel motel would work either id assume

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

alexlyons wrote: »
    ye i was surprised it didnt add on my shipping...

edit: just see your in essex, shipping to Ireland seems to not add on

mmmm am I that tight that I'll send it to the parents house even though it'll add to the inconvenience of me not actually being able to collect it for another month or so?. . .decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just ordered what appeared to be the last one for £56.56, 67.24 Euro. Under a third of the full price. That's my 2013 bargain got if this actually goes through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Can this be used as an external drive? I'm presuming it can be if you get the proper enclosure, power source etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

Just ordered what appeared to be the last one for £56.56, 67.24 Euro. Under a third of the full price. That's my 2013 bargain got if this actually goes through!

Did you use Parcel Motel? If so, can you tell me how you added the address as I'm having a bit of trouble

ToadVine wrote: »
    Can this be used as an external drive? I'm presuming it can be if you get the proper enclosure, power source etc ...
    It can yes, and would be very quick if you got a usb 3 enclosure for it. Wouldn't need power source they can run from just the sata cable.
    Did you use Parcel Motel? If so, can you tell me how you added the address as I'm having a bit of trouble

I just used a real address, while i was making the account it changed to saying 1 left so I rushed to get my order in. A further saving of a tenner wouldn't have been worth potentially not being able to buy it! Sorry I can't help I've never used parcel motel before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Says 183 available now.

Don't really need it, but don't think I can leave it behind at that price.

Edit: Wonder if it qualifies for the cash back offer? If it did, it'd bring the price down by £15!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Ordered one myself using parcel motel. Clearly a misprice so lets see if insight honour it

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

144 euro + 19 euro shipping on one of the cheapest sites so a great price Op.

http://www.hardwareversand.de/Solid-State-Disk/67797/Samsung+SSD+840+250GB+SATA+6Gb+s.article

bmm wrote: »

You're not comparing like with like. 256gb pro vs 120GB

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

Thanks OP, I've been looking for one for the past week, almost bought a 128GB one last night!

Just ordered through Parcel Motel and the total(taxes + delivery to NI) came up to £68.38, which is still a fantastic price for the drive.

Fingers crossed!

EDIT: Just noticed the money is gone out of my account too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews259560.html

Might be worth haveing a look at the reviews:eek:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews259560.html

Might be worth haveing a look at the reviews:eek:

Oh B*llox! I hope I don't have any trouble with them! Too late to look back now though

hope the site is ok, apologies all, I did check a few reviews of the product and know someone who has used the site with no issues so didnt think to look for reviews of it

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

I don't think we should worry too much, the company seems to be legit and got some awards too- http://uk.insight.com/information/about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Believing awards that the website themselves publish isn't exactly the cleverest move. The saying about if it seems to be good to be true.... springs to mind.

• Advertisement

They are a legit company. One of the biggest enterprise software companies in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

the order process is full of bugs, i clicked on the "email this order" to myself and found it has left out 3 lines of my address:mad: . If this printout is sent with the order it will get lost in the post !

also i noticed another bug between the invoice address and shipping address where it randomly switches around two lines of the address :mad:

numerous bugs also with the vat and shipping not being properly shown.

it is difficult to understand how basic bugs like these exist thru the order process for a website that seems to be around for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Set up account as a business and shipped to office for 67.87 sterling or 80 euros. Suspicous this is too good to be true.

So how hard are these to install? I presume to get the full affect you put the operating system on it. About to get a new Laptop so will have to get a 17 inch one unless I can find a smaller with two drive bays.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

seems flawless... hope it works an amazing price if it works , thanks op

also i tried to buy 2 i couldnt so maybe there all gone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

ToadVine wrote: »
    It can yes, and would be very quick if you got a usb 3 enclosure for it. Wouldn't need power source they can run from just the sata cable.

Are there usb3 enclosures available for this? Would it run on my MacBook Air (compatible with the SATA cable)? Would this be a good way to use a drive like this (or is my idea overkill)??

Also, would this fit into most laptops? And is it a hard job to install? The reason I'm asking is that work are giving us all crappy laptops ... new, but slow with a single core AMD processor and 2 gb ram. Would this ssd make such a laptop into some sport of speed-freak-crazy-ass animal? Or would all my ideas be a waste of time and effort???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I ordered one too still says 173 available are there really that few people interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Got two for 101 pounds.. nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭batistuta9

paddyp wrote: »
    I ordered one too still says 173 available are there really that few people interested?

them reviews have put me off & the poster mentioning "too good to be true ..."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That's a ridiculous price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

batistuta9 wrote: »
    them reviews have put me off & the poster mentioning "too good to be true ..."

Obvious misprice but its a company with a turnover of over 5 billion dollars a year so theres a good chance it will be missed or honoured.

Actually looking now it says items on order so they don't have stock, unlikely this will be missed.

Advertisement