Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive £44.99 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Went for it.
    Was always curious about the performance boost. Stone cold misprice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭batistuta9

paddyp wrote: »
    Obvious misprice but its a company with a turnover of over 5 billion dollars a year so theres a good chance it will be missed or honoured.

Actually looking now it says items on order so they don't have stock, unlikely this will be missed.

What do you make of the reviews though?

Is it worth the hassle, which might even end with you getting nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just ordered one.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

ordered one but said available on request and it made a complete mess of my address - Im now residing in Shannon! so the chances of ever getting one have been dealt a double blow:rolleyes: Got an order number though

• Registered Users Posts: 64,989 ✭✭✭✭unkel

dingding wrote: »
    Just ordered one.

Thanks OP

+1

Had to pay the £11.57 shipping though, so total of £56.56. So that's €67 shipped. Still a bargain :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Yeah strange was £53 until I entered my credit card details then it jumped up to £67?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Looking at the order in my account history the amount is now listed @ £56, even stranger . . .

what way are people using to order it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

It says now that it is "ordered upon request" , I still gave it shot

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what way are people using to order it?

I used Parcel Motel - I shipped to their Northern Irish address.

The money went straight out of my account too - if it's a misprice and they decide to refund I hope it doesn't take too long, the reviews posted earlier don't exactly instill confidence in their costumer service.

• Advertisement

I used Parcel Motel - I shipped to their Northern Irish address.

The money went straight out of my account too - if it's a misprice and they decide to refund I hope it doesn't take too long, the reviews posted earlier don't exactly instill confidence in their costumer service.

the personal accounts won't ship to Ireland is that right?

yeah the reviews are bad

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

It said that it wouldn't ship to Irish personal addresses when I tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

It said that it wouldn't ship to Irish personal addresses when I tried.

Just put your name in the business name,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

If any of ye actually get these and have a spare I'll buy one off you! Just send a pm!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

In fairness that's only 12 reviews. They're a corporate provision operation. I ordered myself, if the order goes through without a price error then it will be a fantastic bargain but I suspect the 100 part is missing of the price.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

In fairness that's only 12 reviews. They're a corporate provision operation. I ordered myself, if the order goes through without a price error then it will be a fantastic bargain but I suspect the 100 part is missing of the price.

True, but look at the deal on hotukdeals, negative, and the same for all insight deals. By all means go for it, gl !

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I went for it, it would be fantastic, but it's most likely not going to happen. Worth a punt sure.

Hadn't seen it on hukd ?
    Could I ask people not to post it there for the sake of those here that have ordered it pretty please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

It's already there on HUKD and apparently they have done this before with silly prices on 3TB HDDs and cancelled shortly after! Ah well luckily it's only on the credit card so no money actually spent just have to wait for a refund!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

long_b wrote: »
    Hadn't seen it on hukd ?
    Could I ask people not to post it there for the sake of those here that have ordered it pretty please ?

Was posted there already but voted cold because nobody wanted to deal with Insight. Nothing ventured nothing gained I say. A small number of orders may slip through the net before they realise the mistake so I'm glad it was voted cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

jesus that website made a balls of my address , no idea if it will even make it here now if our dreams come true. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Think I will give this a miss, nice find though and hope whoever orders gets them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Link to drive is broken now.

They must have taken it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yep, it's gone. be interesting to see if any got dispatched before the misprice was noticed.

the 128gb one is still there for £115, so it was definitely a very big misprice. :)

http://uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/internal-hard-disk-drives/0001572801-00000001

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

Looks like my order got cancelled a few minutes ago. When I try to go in to orders it says "No Orders Found". Didn't get any cancellation emails yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 .stranger

Getting the same: No Orders Found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

No orders found here too, once it hit hotukdeals the game was over anyway.

Order still there but they're probably going through deleting them manually.

Anyone get a refund ?

EDIT: Order cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Seems like NEXT dirty trick from Online Marketing Department. It was HP few days ago with £40 voucher now Insight UK got a big customer database FOR FREE. "Well done, few quids saved, now send them some spam boys!!"

I wonder if that's coincidence that it always happen during the weekend? It gives people lot of time to inform each other, do pre-buy check, to purchase that bargain, and even discuss it a little after. It saves all worries to delivery department because Monday morning they are all cancelled. Strange...

Advertisement