Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Application - Office of the Comptroller & AG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pug4life

How did everyone find the interview?
    Any idea when we'll find out results? Would love to know how many got through to interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cgal2013

Pug4life wrote: »
    How did everyone find the interview?
    Any idea when we'll find out results? Would love to know how many got through to interview stage.

It was fine. The board members were quite friendly. But I am confused -
    I am a qualified ACA.

For someone not qualified - their questions will be slightly different? So how will they ensure consistency....

My point is - I have undergone training so my answers will be completely different to those who have not undergone the training. So how will they compare like with like?

In relation to results - I asked them and they said that we will know the results in 2 weeks time after which there will be a Garda Vetting process which normally takes 12 weeks or so. So it will be mostly early next year before candidates will be offered the role. Also one of them said that selected candidates will be put on a panel in the order of their ranking which will be valid for 3 years or so.

Anyway, good luck to all who are still to be interviewed.

cgal2013 wrote: »
    It was fine. The board members were quite friendly. But I am confused -
    I am a qualified ACA.

For someone not qualified - their questions will be slightly different? So how will they ensure consistency....

My point is - I have undergone training so my answers will be completely different to those who have not undergone the training. So how will they compare like with like?

In relation to results - I asked them and they said that we will know the results in 2 weeks time after which there will be a Garda Vetting process which normally takes 12 weeks or so. So it will be mostly early next year before candidates will be offered the role. Also one of them said that selected candidates will be put on a panel in the order of their ranking which will be valid for 3 years or so.

Anyway, good luck to all who are still to be interviewed.

Thanks for reply. I'm not fully qualified and while they did ask technical questions they probably didn't go into as much depth as they did with you. That was the shortest part of my interview.

It's hard to know what they want - does it hinge on academics or experience. They could see from my application I wasn't fully qualified.

At least two weeks isn't too long to wait. Good luck to everyone still interviewing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maryle

Thanks for reply. I'm not fully qualified and while they did ask technical questions they probably didn't go into as much depth as they did with you. That was the shortest part of my interview.

It's hard to know what they want - does it hinge on academics or experience. They could see from my application I wasn't fully qualified.

At least two weeks isn't too long to wait. Good luck to everyone still interviewing :)
    Hi there,

Ive mine next week, just wondering how long it lasts. Im not fully qualified either, not sure what to expect really.

Maryle wrote: »
    Hi there,

Ive mine next week, just wondering how long it lasts. Im not fully qualified either, not sure what to expect really.

Mine lasted about 45 mins and they just really ran through my application form and asked questions based on the areas outlined in the email.

It was a bit intimidating with the 4 of them but they were really nice. Just try relax and be yourself.

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Mine lasted about 45 mins and they just really ran through my application form and asked questions based on the areas outlined in the email.

It was a bit intimidating with the 4 of them but they were really nice. Just try relax and be yourself.

Best of luck :)

Thanks ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 a.b.c.

I had my interview yesterday.. honestly i was very nervous but once i got in, they put you at ease straight away.. I dont have any experience and im in the middle of my professional exams.. they asked me about audit procedures but to give examples of where i implemented them in my previous jobs, none of which were in accounts or audit.. they do really just go through your application and then the main areas outlined in the email..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 clio15

hi guys my interview is tomorrow im freaking out im wondering what type of techincal questions did they ask ? do you feel it was competancy based like where they asking examples of a time when you done something

I was the same as that yesterday, if Donal hadn't come out when he did I actually think I might have bolted.. But he puts you at ease straight away.. It is really all about examples.. I worked in a filling station and they asked me if I identified any breaches of audit procedures, to outline haw I had dealt with difficult customers.. Know what the role of the office is and they also asked from my research into the role what I though a trainee auditor in the C&AG's office would be involved in..

45 mins seems like a long time i wonder do you need to do the whole star analysis did they ask anything about accounting standards etc

• Advertisement

clio15 wrote: »
    45 mins seems like a long time i wonder do you need to do the whole star analysis did they ask anything about accounting standards etc

The time flies, I couldn't believe it when she said the interview had come to an end.. The panel ask questions individually on the different areas so you are only speaking to one person at a time.. I wasnt asked about standards or specific audit procedures but I was expected to show that I was aware of audit basics and that through my actions in my various jobs that I implemented these procedures..

thank you so much do dey spend long asking about your application ?

thank you so much do dey spend long asking about your application ?

It's hard to tell, they have a clock in front of them which they move depending on the person who's talkin to you so obviously they have a specific amount of time for each section.. I really don't think they do but with me they referred back to it when they were asking me for examples.. So they asked me to give an example of a time when I had a disagreement with management in a part time book keeping job I had.. They wanted me to cite examples of dealing with difficult customers in the filling station.. Also the note I wrote at the end of the application was questioned.. It's scarey, there's no doubt about that but I was happy I done it regardless of the outcome.. Best of luck with it tomorrow.. Keep us posted about how you get on..😊

thank you i really appreciate your feedback i will be glad when its over !!

i wish i had of done more prep aggggh

thank you i really appreciate your feedback i will be glad when its over !!

You definately will..:) I spoke to another guy that was there and it took my mind off it until I was called in..

i wish i had of done more prep aggggh

Hi there, how did you get on ive mine tomorrow

Results are out! Just got an email there.

Results are out! Just got an email there.

How did you get on..!? Wonder how many jobs are going, a previous post reconed that there was only 2 last year..?

all depends on how many jobs now!

• Advertisement

all depends on how many jobs now!

Theres 4 jobs

o were did u hear that

o were did u hear that

They told me at the interview thursday i didnt get it anyway

Thanks Maryle. Looks like I missed out then. Got within the top 10. I'm going to email and ask for feedback on the interview so will ask for more info then regarding length of the panel. I'll post here if get any useful information :)

Maryle wrote: »
    They told me at the interview thursday i didnt get it anyway

Me neither.. Placed 11th, not much chance of getting in at that rate.. Plan B..!?

oh thanks for that pity they didnt give more info in the mesage!

a.b.c. wrote: »
    Me neither.. Placed 11th, not much chance of getting in at that rate.. Plan B..!?

Well i must have been really bad then was only told i was not successful wasnt even given a rank ah well

Sorry to hear that Maryle.

I've sent on an email so hopefully we'll get more information. Interesting to see how many were placed. Not that it will make a difference if they are only recruiting 4 people.

Anyone in the top 4?

u done well to get an interview i wonder how many interviews they done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

There may be 4 current vacancies if that poster is correct, but a panel will be set up.

Most panels last 2 years minimum. The alst panel lasted over 4 years!

I would be surprised if anyone top 15 didn't get called before this panel expires tbh

Advertisement