Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Application - Office of the Comptroller & AG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

Yeah done it myself today and there seemed to be a lot of older people at it. There was way more male than female in my group too. Agree with case study it was a bit weird you were writing a memo but there was a lot of info in it. Here's hoping to getting called to the next stage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Meath82

I sat it on Thursday and it seemed to be 50:50 male to female. Someone mentioned there were sittings Wednesday to Friday only around 30 people in the one I took.

There was about 35 or so in mine and it seemed a few didn't turn up as there was free seats and some labels left on the table at the end.

I just read the auditor generals 2011 corporate report - that year they recruited two trainee auditors. Does anyone know how many positions there actually are.

Was hoping for between 5 and 10 but now I hear two its looking like a long shot!

• Advertisement

230 seems a lot of people to reach stage two if there is only 2 positions so I guess there may be more. However who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭thomlin

Hi All,

Has anyone get through to stage 3 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 annabbt

thomlin wrote: »
    Hi All,

Has anyone get through to stage 3 yet?

They said they wouldn't be letting us know until early June.

Thanks Annabbt :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

Has anybody heard anything yet about stage 3? Early June is turning into mid June!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 isandy

Anybody any word on stage 3 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

This seems to be taking forever, anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 isandy

Still no word as of yet. So much for early june

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Anyone progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 annabbt

mkdon05 wrote: »
    Anyone progress?

Hi,

Yep I did but I have since been offered another job so I think I'm going to go with that one.

They don't say how many people they're asking back for the interview, could be a complete waste of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Ya got an email today saying im invited to an interview after I fill out a detailed supplementary application form.

Shame the process has taken so long, I was interested in the role but since the 2nd stage I've accepted a new role elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Ya got an email today saying im invited to an interview after I fill out a detailed supplementary application form.

Shame the process has taken so long, I was interested in the role but since the 2nd stage I've accepted a new role elsewhere.
    For the salary on offer and the job itself if I were you I'd still try it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

I'd have to take a pay cut now for it lol

Hi all,

I didn't get through to the interview stage due to case study but to be honest if I had known that there were also recruiting fully qualified accountants for the job I wouldn't have wasted my time can't compete with that in fairness.

When I was taking the second round of tests spoke to a few that were there and they were already qualified accountants which doesn't make sense why call it trainee auditor if you're going to hire qualified accountants?

Anyways thankfully I got a job offer elsewhere before getting the email way too long a process for a job.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

KBurke85 wrote: »
    I'd have to take a pay cut now for it lol

Hahaha obviously not a trainee accountant ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

annabbt wrote: »
    Hi,

Yep I did but I have since been offered another job so I think I'm going to go with that one.

They don't say how many people they're asking back for the interview, could be a complete waste of time!

Yeah - the process seems like a joke.

I cannot imagine they are going to get the best candidate possible for this.

I imagine the best candidates available at the start of this process will have taken on another role by the time they get to the end of the process.

I got email today as well. I'm not surprised the selection process is taking so long, this seems to be the standard for public sector appointments. I wonder how many are being interviewed and how many places are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

These processes always take time. There would a lot of applications to go through.

If you look at the job spec they are looking for people with a min of first stage of accountancy exams completed. Most likely those fully qualified will be looked on more favourably, but would still have to do a good interview.

It's a Trainee Auditor job. If qualified coming in, you will stay as a trainee for a few years then move up to Auditor proper, with a pay rise thereafter.

Don't know how many jobs going but usually a two year panel will be set up, so anyone placed and not taken in the first tranche would still have a chance of a call up later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pug4life

Just wondering has anyone else gotten notice of interview? I have one Tues week. Very little info in email.

Also, if anyone has any experience of interviewing for this job could they offer any advice/info please?

Thanks 😄

My interview is scheduled for Tuesday week as well. Don't have any experience of doing an interview like this before though!

I haven't either. Just got an update about the panel and I've never had an interview with more than 2 people - scary!! Only realised there yesterday my interview is Monday not Tuesday!! Got dates mixed up!

Lucky you checked the dates, best of luck!

Thanks, You too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cgal2013

Pug4life wrote: »
    I haven't either. Just got an update about the panel and I've never had an interview with more than 2 people - scary!! Only realised there yesterday my interview is Monday not Tuesday!! Got dates mixed up!

Hi,

How did your interview go?

I have mine on Wednesday afternoon....

Good luck with yours :)

• Advertisement

Thanks, interview went fine. The people are really nice so just try and relax and you'll be grand :)

Advertisement