Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train From Dublin to Cork

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭davidlacey

BenShermin wrote: »
    Virgin Trains linked up with Megabus and offers passengers really cheap fares between London and Liverpool on off-peak trains that they can't fill. Info here

Great thinking by Virgin here, people originally go onto Megabus to book a coach and then find a really cheap rail fare and go for that instead.

very good idea! as i said IE should be looking to fill seats not increase fares to subsidise their losses, they are up against stiff competition

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

BenShermin wrote: »
    Virgin Trains linked up with Megabus and offers passengers really cheap fares between London and Liverpool on off-peak trains that they can't fill. Info here

Great thinking by Virgin here, people originally go onto Megabus to book a coach and then find a really cheap rail fare and go for that instead.

Wow, I can see some posters heads explode at that idea!! :D

Can you imagine such a link up between Aircoach and Irish Rail!

Though in fairness, BE have shown such flexibility in their link up with GoBus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Con Logue

bk wrote: »
    Wow, I can see some posters heads explode at that idea!! :D

Can you imagine such a link up between Aircoach and Irish Rail!

Though in fairness, BE have shown such flexibility in their link up with GoBus.

I used the Megatrain website as an alternative to First Great Western when I lived in Bath for travelling up to London. Often the really cheap fares weren't available so I'd book with Megatrains associated TOC, South West Trains instead. The trade off was either a cheaper journey to Waterloo, which took longer, or a faster one to Paddington. Timing was a major factor - often the deciding factor was what time I could get out of work. But the choice was useful and persuaded me that privatisation in the UK while flawed wasn't all evil :)

Advertisement