Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling refs McAllister and Wadding axed from inter-county panel

Options
13»

Comments

dzer2 wrote: »
    The only problem Gavin has is he gets too close to the action. I have often reffed games its a lot easier to let them boys push and shove its rarely that they actually hurt anyone in the shamoozles that go on and they usually fizzle out after 20 seconds or that. At least Gavin stays up with the play and most of the frees he gives everyone can understand why they were given, he uses common sense and tries to allow the game develop so there is a bit of enjoyment in for the fans. They players respect him compared to Wadding or sexton.

I find him very inconsistent to be honest. I've seen him dish out cards for nothing incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭dzer2

I find him very inconsistent to be honest. I've seen him dish out cards for nothing incidents.

I think they all hurl around cards in the league but when championship comes around they loose them Mceneany thought there wasnt enough cards last year. I often see a player getting a bad clatter and nothing given for it. And later in the game a player goes up to field a high ball puts up the hurley for protection the lad coming behind tries to bat it down a clash happens even though there was no foul a free is given and a card comes out. Often the foul looks a lot worse than it is While playing the junior B lad pulled hard as I was rising a ball swept the hurley out of my hand the clatter was really load I didnt get the ball up so I roared and got my free. Afterwards while celebrating out lose in the local a good few wanted to know how the hand was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭silverbirch66

Anyone know who the ref is Sunday,lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭dzer2

Anyone know who the ref is Sunday,lads?

Barry Kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭silverbirch66

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

dzer2 wrote: »
    I think they all hurl around cards in the league but when championship comes around they loose them Mceneany thought there wasnt enough cards last year. I often see a player getting a bad clatter and nothing given for it. And later in the game a player goes up to field a high ball puts up the hurley for protection the lad coming behind tries to bat it down a clash happens even though there was no foul a free is given and a card comes out. Often the foul looks a lot worse than it is While playing the junior B lad pulled hard as I was rising a ball swept the hurley out of my hand the clatter was really load I didnt get the ball up so I roared and got my free. Afterwards while celebrating out lose in the local a good few wanted to know how the hand was.

It's rare a player would get sent off in the first 5 minutes, and picking up yellow cards does seem to be a lot easier around half time than it is early in the match.

Advertisement