Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing your looks when incredibly good looking

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Three Seasons

I'd imagine Justin bieber will get fairly ugly as he grows up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I remember reading that women who were very attractive in youth find themselves becoming 'invisible' as they age. They're used to turning heads, getting attention, being served quickly in bars (knocks PrincessPreach's theory on the head) etc.

Then, when they age that all stops. They never realised they were getting special treatment, and find it very hard to cope with the change

That's pretty interesting! I've never considered that.

What age would be generally considered 'past your best' for men and women?

Women? Probably 19. Men 35. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Grey hair and stubble are very sexy (on a man obviously :p).

Thank you...That cheered me up..:)

But personally for me its a sign that I'm not a spring Chicken anymore..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

I'm thinking of starting a self-help group for hot blokes losing their looks.
    Can I get my Grant now or do I have to do some stupid course first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

charlemont wrote: »
    Thank you...That cheered me up..:)

But personally for me its a sign that I'm not a spring Chicken anymore..:eek:
    Well if it makes you feel better I'm decrepid according to this:
    discus wrote: »
    Women? Probably 19. Men 35. :D

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I find that my enormous mickey makes up for my lack of good looks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

What about your fecked up sense of measurement?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

:(

It's ok, here at boardsMEN we take each lady on a case by case basis*

*pic plz bbz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

What about your tendency to exaggerate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I'm thinking of starting a self-help group for hot blokes losing their looks.
    Can I get my Grant now or do I have to do some stupid course first?

By all means do the stupid people course first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Ahh will you stop shop, toons never age, loons like myself on the other hand never grew up in the first place! :D

You should probably see a doctor about that swelling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

All the good looking girls that were in my class in school years ago are now nothing like they were there no great shakes at all anymore.

Yet the girls that weren't very good looking at all are now stunning.. Weird huh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Hollywood would be the case where older men still get paired up with 21 year old co-stars.
    I don't think it matters here in Ireland as men/women get less self-centred and vain when they have kids.

I look more like Sylvester Stallone so losing looks is not a worry for me or having as much skin creams as a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I'd say gaining weight is the biggest factor in people looking less attractive these days. I see lots of people who are a bit overweight that are normal looking but if they were in good shape they'd be pretty hot.

I fear we'll become like America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

I'd say gaining weight is the biggest factor in people looking less attractive these days. I see lots of people who are a bit overweight that are normal looking but if they were in good shape they'd be pretty hot.

I fear we'll become like America

You have just convinced me to get off my (massive) ass and lose some weight:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

T'is tough seeing yourself age in the mirror. No matter how many anti-ageing creams and potions you get your hands on, the eyes never lie. Those who are botoxed up to the nines always give away their age just be looking at their eyes. I don't think you ever 'lose your looks' if you are good looking. You will always be good looking, just a wiser looker!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I know two women who both made it to their fifties and were still amazing looking. One is my mam she got cancer and has since recovered (thank god) but it has taken away her youthfulness, good skin and confidence. The other had a terrible accident which left the right side of her face crippled and her confidence is shattered as well.

It has taken its toll in a big way on both, I think if you spend your whole life with people admiring your looks you subconsciously start to rely on that to make you feel worthwhile and whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nualahyland

As you get older and if you have children you see the beauty in them so you are not that concerned about your own beauty as much anymore.

I was quite good looking in my 20's and 30's but now in my 40's looks do begin to fade but it does not matter due to my two beautiful little boys to look at but if you dont have children the scenario might be different.

As you get older and if you have children you see the beauty in them so you are not that concerned about your own beauty as much anymore.

I was quite good looking in my 20's and 30's but now in my 40's looks do begin to fade but it does not matter due to my two beautiful little boys to look at but if you dont have children the scenario might be different.
    So you lost interest in yourself after you had children? If a man suggested that happens he'd be lynched.

Or are you suggesting all childless women are self-obsessed?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

having children ages you

• Advertisement

So you lost interest in yourself after you had children? If a man suggested that happens he'd be lynched.

Or are you suggesting all childless women are self-obsessed?

Jaysus, Shop......
    I dont think she meant that:p

Smidge wrote: »
    Jaysus, Shop......
    I dont think she meant that:p
    It sounds like she did so I'm just asking.

Now stop interrupting my mirror time!

It sounds like she did so I'm just asking.

Now stop interrupting my mirror time!

By the same logic you could take that all women with kids are decrepit ;)

Which, of course, they are not

*looks behind for lynch mob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I've aged well, no pot belly, not lost my hair and I've gone craggy in a Clint Eastwood fashion. I get more attention from women now than when I was younger. But I started out pretty fine to begin with.:P I also think that a good-looking woman is good-looking - a woman ages, but if she was fine to start with, she'll still be fine when she's older. Flashes in the pan that look great in their teens are just that, flashes in the pan. They go downhill rapid. A beautiful woman will still be a fox at 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

carrig2 wrote: »
    Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

Not until my looks begin to fade will I ever contemplate there being "more to life". :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I always said "I wish I had been born rich instead of good looking"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

DanWall wrote: »
    I always said "I wish I had been born rich instead of good looking"
    You poor baxter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I would say I'm pretty good looking but I couldn't give a sh*te about looking older. Not tonight anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Like a fine wine, I just get better with age.

cough cough

• Advertisement

Like a fine wine, I just get better with age.

cough cough

Have you been *ahem* corked?

You do know that ruins the wine?:P

Advertisement