Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing your looks when incredibly good looking

Options
  • 26-04-2013 2:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

What's that like? Are there any lucky boards members with this problem?

I can't really comment as my incredible good looks haven't begun to fade yet.

Is the world a more cruel place as your looks diminish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Is that you Samantha Brick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Some of us don't have much to fear on that account

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

email val kilmer and ask him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The world and it's dog doesn't give a flying fook .

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

wheneversomeonecallsmeu.jpg

I concur, Will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

email val kilmer and ask him

He's got Mickey Rourke on the other line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Most good looking people remain good looking if they look after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Derek Zoolander, is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I find it a comfort that my looks can't get any worse than this. Ended up with a face like my scrotum could only be an improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I was a rugged handsome one year old.

By the time I was two I was on the bottle and my looks had wasted away.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

It's more a problem for beautiful women than us handsome men. We tend to age well - lines give our faces more character, grey hair gives us gravitas, we become "craggy" rather than cute etc. It's the gorgeous women I feel sorry for - they can't prevent Time turning them into grotesque witch-like creatures.

Luckily, it's not something us handsome men need to worry about. We just dump the obviously-aging 35 year old for one of the gorgeous 25 year olds clamouring for our attention. We continue to do this until we're 50 and then settle down with "the one" - a gorgeous 25yo blonde with whom we have 2 children: hey, it's our duty, the world will always need beautiful people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Nope, not yet.

I'm aging very well. Everyone is just getting older and older, I'm getting older and better!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, when your looks have been described as a crime against humanity then you don't have much to worry about.

Mother could be so cruel sometimes :(

byronbay2 wrote: »
    It's more a problem for beautiful women than us handsome men. We tend to age well - lines give our faces more character, grey hair gives us gravitas, we become "craggy" rather than cute etc. It's the gorgeous women I feel sorry for - they can't prevent Time turning them into grotesque witch-like creatures.

Luckily, it's not something us handsome men need to worry about. We just dump the obviously-aging 35 year old for one of the gorgeous 25 year olds clamouring for our attention. We continue to do this until we're 50 and then settle down with "the one" - a gorgeous 25yo blonde with whom we have 2 children: hey, it's our duty, the world will always need beautiful people!

You stay with that fantasy love

Currently monitoring the EdenHazard situation. I'm expecting all hell to break loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sacramento wrote: »
    Currently monitoring the EdenHazard situation. I'm expecting all hell to break loose.

He's been paged

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I can't say I've ever been burdened with excessive good looks to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

BGozIE wrote: »
    Screw looks.

You posted an image in AH?

What sorcery is this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Is that you Samantha Brick?

Samantha Brick's looks fading? Impossible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I don't know how, but once I got past 25 years old I started improving looks wise. Now younger chicks give me shed loads of unwanted attention on nights out and my missus reckons that I'm at my best. I'm having a reverse ageing process :D

discus wrote: »
    I don't know how, but once I got past 25 years old I started improving looks wise. Now younger chicks give me shed loads of unwanted attention on nights out and my missus reckons that I'm at my best. I'm having a reverse ageing process :D

Benjamin Button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I am literally so ugly that i cant even look in the mirror at myself. I was trying on sunglasses (for driving) just to see how they fitted and the girl in the shop told me to have a look in the mirror, i had to close my eyes and while looking in the mirror and pretend they were really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Ha! Feels for ya, cruisy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I think for really really stunning women it must be a horrible experience to get old and watch your looks fade. I'm not talking goodlooking girls who were at their physical best at 23 and then gain a little weight and get a few wrinkles, have to deal with grey hair etc. I'm talking about the knockouts who always had people / career opportunities / attention on a large scale as a result of their looks. This is a sweeping statement so please take it with a pinch of salt but many of those females can become even less attractive than their age-similar counterparts as they relied so heavily on their looks before and didn't develop other parts of their personality. We all know really $exy, attractive, witty, stylish, flirtatious people that might not be stereotypically goodlooking, these people will remain hot well into old age. On the other hand if a female is used to attracting mass attention purely based on her looks then there is always going to be an infinite number of younger girls to overshadow her.

I don't agree that all men age well (I've known many a teenage pretty boy hearthrob who became a balding, insipid short watery looking man) but as there is less focus on looks for men, i guess the pressure is not the same. Lots of men 40+ can be very attractive based on charisma, charm, life achievements.

Some looks really suit youth and this applies to both genders IMO; pretty, girly, cute features are lovely on teens - early 20's but after that the more classically handsome features with great bone struture are superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I remember reading that women who were very attractive in youth find themselves becoming 'invisible' as they age. They're used to turning heads, getting attention, being served quickly in bars (knocks PrincessPreach's theory on the head) etc.

Then, when they age that all stops. They never realised they were getting special treatment, and find it very hard to cope with the change.

What age would be generally considered 'past your best' for men and women?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

I have a face for the radio (or so I've been told). No worries in that department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I hate having multi coloured stubble, Grey being the dominant colour. I can lose or gain weight very easily so at the moment when the stubble is shaved I'd easily pass as a lad in my early 20's.

I'v grey hair too, I can't stand it but could be worse, Could be bald !!..I keep it short as my eyebrows are very dark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

charlemont wrote: »
    I hate having multi coloured stubble, Grey being the dominant colour. I can lose or gain weight very easily so at the moment when the stubble is shaved I'd easily pass as a lad in my early 20's.

I'v grey hair too, I can't stand it but could be worse, Could be bald !!..I keep it short as my eyebrows are very dark.
    Grey hair and stubble are very sexy (on a man obviously :p).

Advertisement