Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing your looks when incredibly good looking

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I've aged well, no pot belly, not lost my hair and I've gone craggy in a Clint Eastwood fashion. I get more attention from women now than when I was younger. But I started out pretty fine to begin with.:P I also think that a good-looking woman is good-looking - a woman ages, but if she was fine to start with, she'll still be fine when she's older. Flashes in the pan that look great in their teens are just that, flashes in the pan. They go downhill rapid. A beautiful woman will still be a fox at 50.

....if she looks after herself. Same goes for men. This idea that you can just sit on your laurels into your old age if your hot is not true.

Tbh, as I get older, I'm more concerned about being healthy and living longer than looking "hot". Obviously I want to look nice but being strong and healthy are my biggest concerns now. In my twenties I drank like a fish and smoked and although I wasn't overweight, I wasn't very healthy (although I did eat reasonably well) but I copped on once I hit 30 and quit the fags and cut down on getting baloobas to the extent I did.

Now that I've copped on and know I'm only a mere mortal and am a person who loves life and wants to be around as long as possible, getting some exercise in and eating the right stuff is the very top of my agenda. I'm 33 in a few weeks and the wrinkles are appearing but they genuinely don't worry me. If you look after your health, you generally look good anyway regardless of how attractive you are.

/sanctimonious post.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nualahyland

Where did I say you lose interest in yourself after you have children?? Your looks will fade whether you like it or not and children or not, you will get old and saggy.
    Stop spending time looking at yourself in the mirror, the world needs a lot doing in it. There is more to do than preen yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Where did I say you lose interest in yourself after you have children?? Your looks will fade whether you like it or not and children or not, you will get old and saggy.
    Stop spending time looking at yourself in the mirror, the world needs a lot doing in it. There is more to do than preen yourself.

Jaysus and I thought my post was sanctimonious. You're raising your children, not saving the world ffs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I think I've aged pretty poorly and I never considered myself good looking. I'm 26 and I've greyed quite a lot. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

:rolleyes:
    What, might I ask, are you doing to save the world? Saving children doesn't count.

Do you know how much time I spend looking at myself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Ah ladies, leave ih ou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Ah ladies, leave ih ou
    Relax, the next hour is my mirror time.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm 38 but could easily pass off for someone who is 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thingamagig

It has been hard losing me big potato head, but sure you roll with the knocks, baby!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Nope havent lost my handsome youthful looks over the last 80 decades.
    Now I must go and check my portrait in the attic.

Regards Dorian Gray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

wolfeye wrote: »
    Nope havent lost my handsome youthful looks over the last 80 decades.
    Now I must go and check my portrait in the attic.

Regards Dorian Gray.

Actually saw the 2009 version of that film, it was one creepy film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Actually saw the 2009 version of that film, it was one creepy film.

Ah still a great film though in fairness :D

(I may be slightly biased given that Oscar Wilde is one of my favorite writers)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

What does the 'world need doing'??? You need to love yourself before you can love others. Nobody wants their partner to let themselves go. Nothing wrong with getting older but we should always make the best of what we've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Losing your looks?

Genes have a lot to do with looks. My father looks way younger than his years. He's the same weight today as the day he got married - less than 10 stone. He has a lot of grey hairs but his hair still looks dark (I have no idea why). His mother (RIP) was the same way, she died in 1972, with only a few greying ribs in her hair and very few facial lines. Me, I would be totally white hairwise but for the fortnightly visit to the hairdresser. I have a few lines but at 47 I have to accept that I will have them. In fairness I was dealt a good hand gene wise. I don't have a beauty regime - and I still get away with being seen as a little being younger than my age.

So my question is - will genes outweigh a beauty regime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I can't really comment as my incredible good looks haven't begun to fade yet.

Is the world a more cruel place as your looks diminish?

:D:D:D:D:D That really made me laugh. Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Ahh will you stop shop, toons never age, loons like myself on the other hand never grew up in the first place! :D

You should probably see a doctor about that swelling :pac:

Erections are not a medical complaint

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭Koala Sunshine

I can't say I've noticed my looks fading yet, I imagine it could be quite traumatic for some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

....where a young good looking journalist went out on the town and staged a few scenarios looking for help in various tasks one would expect such as hailing a taxi, getting change in a shop, looking for directions from a stranger on the street etc.... As one would expect she was treated with respect and got on OK.

Then the TV make up artists did her up as an old woman and the willingness of people to help her in the various tasks dropped off enormously. She had to ask several people before getting a positive response from mostly older people in the various tasks to be performed. The vast majority of people ignored her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

doolox wrote: »
    ....where a young good looking journalist went out on the town and staged a few scenarios looking for help in various tasks one would expect such as hailing a taxi, getting change in a shop, looking for directions from a stranger on the street etc.... As one would expect she was treated with respect and got on OK.

Then the TV make up artists did her up as an old woman and the willingness of people to help her in the various tasks dropped off enormously. She had to ask several people before getting a positive response from mostly older people in the various tasks to be performed. The vast majority of people ignored her.

Thats depressing. I would have thought the result would be like that if an ugly young woman/man was tested against an attractive young woman/man..but Im surprised people treated an elderly lady like that. Even though old people aren't 'attractive' I thought most people generally didn't care about that in old people and treated them with respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Looks like time travel's finally been accomplished! Welcome to 2k13!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I can't say I've noticed my looks fading yet, I imagine it could be quite traumatic for some.

Is it a mirror from 2012 you're looking in. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭Koala Sunshine

Is it a mirror from 2012 you're looking in. :rolleyes:

Find something better to do with your retirement old man.

Advertisement