Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Leinster Rugby vs Biarritz Olympique, Saturday 27th April 14:30, SS1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

Why no Darcy? Is he injured?

Saw on MFs that SOB is injured, big blow. I think Biarritz aren't the force they were so I'd go for a Leinster win, especially in the RDS but they can't concede the soft tries they did v Wasps.

Barnes is ref so we'll surely see a card for repeat penalties so both teams need to be cute in defence.

Best of Luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Darce has a calf strain so he's out for this game Phog.

He seems to be struggling with the calf the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Teferi wrote: »

He should ask SOB for advice.

(I'm sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He should ask SOB for advice.

(I'm sorry)

Get out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

Teferi wrote: »

After posting I remembered that he was subbed early v Munster, his defence will be missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

...and hard yards ball carrying....the odd break too....

Interesed to see how Madigan works out at 12.

Allez Les Bleus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 niallfitz

Hi guys, I am going today and my printer is busted. Will they scan my pdf ticket at the gate or do I HAVE to physically print it?

Needless to say... am trying to get to a printer!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Biarritz
    niallfitz wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am going today and my printer is busted. Will they scan my pdf ticket at the gate or do I HAVE to physically print it?

Needless to say... am trying to get to a printer!

cheers

Check in advance to see if the pdf works at the gate. If it's a problem pm me, I live near the ground and have a working printer!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Biarritz
    Biarritz back row is superior IMO, and Lund in the row is a monster - Leinster really need to front up today to win that battle. But come on lads, Connacht beat this team in December and only a late dodgy try gave Biarritz a losing bonus point. Leinster should have more than enough to put them away. Really looking forward to seeing how Sexton and Madigan play together.
    From all in Connacht - come on Leinster!

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Biarritz
    Hope the rain stays away!

Looks good outside but my weather thingy is saying there's a 30% chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 niallfitz

Hippo wrote: »
    Check in advance to see if the pdf works at the gate. If it's a problem pm me, I live near the ground and have a working printer!

Cheers Hippo. They won't scan the pdf... I'll try and get this printer back up... will give you a shout as a last resort... totally sound of you!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Biarritz
    awec wrote: »
    Hope the rain stays away!

Looks good outside but my weather thingy is saying there's a 30% chance!

A 30% chance? In Ireland? Sure that means its going to be a glorious day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Blue skies all around north Dublin. Lets hope it holds out. I expect a bit of boot to be put to ball today to combat the Biarritz three quarters. Breezy around so lets see how that goes.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Biarritz
    Clear blue skies in south Dublin too. Looking good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Leinster should be much too strong for Biarritz today. Leinster's only glaring weakness is the lack of carriers in the pack with SOB out. Will hopefully be a great game. Sexton and Madigan could be deadly if they click.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Heading in now. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Looking forward to this. Think Leinster will be too strong and win by 7-10 points dispite SOB and Darcy being out which means others have to pick up the missing pairs ability to create go forward ball.
    Will actually have to watch this game to do a college assignment..... how bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Biarritz
    Someone asking about tickets, if you have an iphone they can scan the ticket off your phone at the gate (i never print the tickets) presume it works off android phones etc. too.

And AWEC, you should try the Centurian Bar, if you are walking up to the Laighin Out from the Anglesea stand, take a left instead of a right and walk all the way down to the end until you're almost at the gate, and it's just in there on the right. Nice bit of banter in there and more of a pub feel to it! If you see me, come over and say hello, I'll buy you a pint - I'll be the guy in the Leinster jersey! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

Really looking forward to this now, hopefully Leinster by 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

Right Leinster..... Go on and win this game today and we'll do our best to beat Glasgow for ye here next Friday night in Galway............ Best of luck to the men in the Blue jerseys today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Biarritz
    Conters will be in the Final, so we need to get there. For him.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

On the dort on the way in from Howth , weather is glorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭griffinlee

Anyone know where I can see the match on in Liverpool? Its all football on in the bars....
    Looking for a place and walking the streets!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

griffinlee wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can see the match on in Liverpool? Its all football on in the bars....

A quick google brought up this site. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,834 ✭✭✭✭JRant

griffinlee wrote: »

There's an irish bar in the Liverpool One shopping district that'll definitely be showing it.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

A quick and dirty translation from L'Equipe's preview of the game:

Last season Biarritz failing to qualify for the knock out stages of the European cup wound up in the Amlin which they ended up winning thus getting into this season's European cup via the back door. Twelve months later they find themselves in the same position. But, this time they have Leinster in their way. And the triple European Champions, also eliminated without reaching the quarter finals of the European cup have serious ambitions for this trophy not least because they play the semi-final and the final in their home ground. "We're the underdogs which suits us" said Imanol Harinordoquy on Thursday as Biarritz were preparing to leave for the Irish capital. Because at Biarritz we don't kid ourselves. Leinster are huge favourites. Beside him, Laurent Rodriguez, forwards trainer says that "Everybody says that we're going to get hammered and in those cases Biarritz has always stood up to be counted"

The holders of the European cup against the holders of the Amlin is a nice game, "Them, they're the Irish team, but us we're not the French team" comments Harinordouy about the Irish province, who even if they will miss D'Arcy and O'Brien do see the return of their kicker and outhalf Sexton. "We've told the players that this will be played at the level of an international match" adds Rodriguez referring to the Leinster team which contains 8 of the Irish team that faced France on the 9th of March last at the Aviva. They will be a difficult opponent.

"FOr us, it's a mountain, a much stronger team than us" insists Harinordoquy, "we will have to raise our game to their level to compete". Because, outside of the men, it's the Leinster style which Biarritz fear. To his side Arnaud Heguy notes "It'll be a battle up front, if we can front up we can hope to beat them but they can cut loose at any stage".

For Harinordoquy who sees Leinster as a "steamroller", Biarritz have to rise above themselves "We must win the individual battles or we will be demolished". Since their debut in the European Cup, Biarritz and Leinster have met 3 times in Leinster. At the pool stages in 2000 and 2003 and in the spring of 2003 in the quarter final. 3 times Leinster have won. 10 years later there is a different context. We're well aware that this is the final goal for the season, the most important match of the season" concludes Heguy. Because if Biarritz loses on Saturday they will not take part in the European cup next season. For the first time since the 2000/2001 season and their arrival among the greats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Anyone else think Biarritz are being slightly underrated here? They've got a lot to play for and if the likes of Hairydonkey and Yachvilli get going there could be a shock on the cards

trouttrout wrote: »
    Anyone else think Biarritz are being slightly underrated here? They've got a lot to play for and if the likes of Hairydonkey and Yachvilli get going there could be a shock on the cards

I'm on Biarrtz to be the handicap. Think 7 points is the fair line.

Dean Ryan's analysis of Sexton / Madigan / D'Arcy was absolutely top class there in the build up.

Lets get him involved if/when Joe goes!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

not that confident about this considering we are at home, also skys little montage about johnny makes me realize how much i'm going to miss that guy in blue.

Advertisement