Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

105.7 - No.1FM (can't tell how strong it is)
    Asian v/o's as far as I can tell.
    Heard around Liffey Valley area

Also 87.6 - reggae music (quite weak)

99.5FM 'Base' audio sounding better. (strong)

This is what I picked up around the southside of Dublin the last few days:
    88.1 - NRG FM
    91.6 - Easy
    93.2 - some dance station - barely audible, very weak
    99.5 - Base FM

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

93.2 - some dance station - barely audible, very weak

RDS showing PHEAVER or similar
    Strong in Liffey valley area

NRG - no RDS, no audio this morning

Around 1:30pm today, I picked up another station while driving in the Leopardstown area. It had no R.D.S., playing dance music, and a good strong signal and was at 94.3 FM. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

LASER FM 101.5 have been testing over the weekend, also relaying Flaix Fm from Ibiza at night, ITT FM Tallaght 99.1 tx went off Friday after being left on three weeks after last tx date ! Easy on 91.6 audio low, NRG FM blank carrier today no stereo or rds, 107.1 weak carrier no rds, report from Citywest area.l

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i don't believe theirs a flaix fm in ibiza, one in catalonia and one in barcelona i believe, open to correction though, think their webstream is taken from their fm feed, it sounds mighty fine if you ask me

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Infoanon

94.3 is Slam FM

NRG came back with audio mid afternoon yesterday,

The Reggae music station on 87.6 was on the air Friday/Saturday/Sunday - audio is poor

Still no sign of Energy 1386AM

Infoanon wrote: »
    94.3 is Slam FM
    is this a relay of slam fm from the netherlands?

is this a relay of slam fm from the netherlands?

I didn't hear any IDs but it could be - signal is good

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

First enchancements of 2014 in the south west for anyone reading the thread.

BBC Radio 1 on 97.7 made a nice change from RedFM on the way home today

Tonik have a nice more powerfull carrier on today, must be a better site, they have been testing a low signal last few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

A church transmitter I discovered recently on my travels:

Doon in east Co. Limerick on 105.1

there's also one in nearby Kilteely on 106.5
    In that general area I also got a weak unidentified church on 108.0 - which I think is from over the border in Co. Tipp

They are probally using cheap Chinese low power Transmitters, the church in Tramore 105.1 uses one and a diapole on the side of the church, due to the height of the church the signal is great, its better than TCR Tramore Community Radio 92.3 who are just down the road and dont seem to have a great site, its rather difficult to hear them in Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Anyone know the frequency of this in Dun Laoghaire and how far from the grounds would it be receiveable? :

http://www.underground-cinema.com/drive-in-movies

Power FM has appeared on 92.1 in Dublin - good signal, possibly the station that was testing on 94.3 with rds Testing1

No stations on air this morning.....Phever/NRG/Base/Tonic all missing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

ComReg were over due a cull, and the airwaves were getting very active of late.

Base posted this message on the FB page yesterday...

"Just to let all you guys know we are of air due to technical difficulties. Our engineer has given us a time frame of 7 days it is a very delicate situation we shall be back bigger louder and harder. In the meantime you can catch us live on the tunein app at basefm Dublin or live on internet radio at basefm. Cheers for your patience."

The lads at BaseFM could use this as an opportunity to correct the name of the station:

Base:
    the bottom part of an object, on which it rests, or the lowest part of something.
    e.g. A crystal glass with a heavy base

Bass:
    the set of low musical sounds on a radio, music system, etc.
    e.g. Turn down the bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

off air in dublin 19/03/14

87.6 a low power ragge station
    88.1 nrg medium power
    91.6 easy high power
    932 off off
    995. base fm medium power
    107.1 tonik medium power

out side dublin
    92.2 galaxy92 high power

so can we confirm that comreg were definitely out? hope nobody was actually hit

• Advertisement

barryc2010 wrote: »
    off air in dublin 19/03/14

87.6 a low power ragge station
    88.1 nrg medium power
    91.6 easy high power
    932 off off
    995. base fm medium power
    107.1 tonik medium power e

out side dublin
    92.2 galaxy92 high power

Galaxy and the station testing on 92.1 were both on air today.

regarding the comments on power,NRG would be considered high power for a pirate station while Easy is more low power, based on power levels in the City Centre and South West Dublin

did phever 93.2 have any ids or anything while on air? anyone pick it up and know what it was playing, i can't get it online, same question for 92.1 power?

did phever 93.2 have any ids or anything while on air? anyone pick it up and know what it was playing, i can't get it online, same question for 92.1 power?

Played Dance music, RDS Phever, but never heard any on air idents,

92.1 is the same station that has been testing on 94.3, back to back music, no idents

Infoanon wrote: »
    Played Dance music, RDS Phever, but never heard any on air idents,

92.1 is the same station that has been testing on 94.3, back to back music, no idents

Around Dublin 16 tonight, 92.1 displayed an RDS of Power 92 with a very good reception. Up until that station appeared recently, it was possible to hear Kildare's Galaxy 922 (RDS display) on 92.2 around the Dundrum area - what kind of power did they have??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

regarding the comments on power,NRG would be considered high power for a pirate station while Easy is more low power, based on power levels in the City Centre and South West Dublin[/QUOTE] u mean low power as not haveing a killowatt and not a very good site well yeh then we are low power but i think we are on alot of power
    down the west of dublin not going to say what power we are on but it is high acording to the vu meter on tx

well i just know that the kildare dance station have a very high mountain site and a working off a half a kilo watt i did pick them up in parts of dublin city center 2 weeks ago but they seem to be off since mid after noon yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

The heavies are in the SW Dublin area it would appear. Expecting another hit or two today, methinks.

it appears to be a pirate free band at the moment.
    See who returns first.

comreg seem to be very active this year, cut their budget by 50 % or more please, thanks, anyone know does galaxy 92 stream online anymore, they did for a while but now i can't find them and the link i have doesn't work

• Advertisement

http://www.liveonlineradio.net/ireland/galaxy-fm-kildare.htm

try that not sure if its sill on or not
    i think they yous it for only there link not 100%

Advertisement